WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum

BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Ottawa, Canada
“An ok place to stay for a couple of days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is an older hotel located in the heart of the downtown. Staff is super friendly at check in. They've done the best they can to modernize the hotel. The lobby has been refreshed and so have the hallways and the furnishings in the room. The bathroom is still old school and VERY small. No big deal for us. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and the rooms was equipped with large flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. There is also a DVD player in each room and the front desk has a selection of free movies. Breakfast is typical Best Western fare, but well-stocked and served in a large room with lots of tables. A nice place to stay if you're in Watertown to do a bit of shopping.

We booked this place through Hotwire and got a GREAT deal, which is why we stayed here. We would stay here again when in Watertown, NY.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the extra amenities that we offer our guests. I apologize that our bathrooms are not up to standards. We have been updating our property over the last few years and the bathrooms are set to begin this winter. Although we are unable to make the bathrooms larger we are going to do everything we can to make them more functional for our guests. We hope to see you again soon for another shopping trip maybe Black Friday or after the holidays to take advantage of the great sales. If I can be of assistance with a future booking please let me know.

Jeri McInnis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Albany, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I reserved a double queen NS room. Instead, I got a room with a king-sized bed and a lumpy uncomfortable pull-out couch. I told the desk clerk and he said that's what I reserved. I checked my reservation and I was correct- I had reserved a double, not a single king bed. My staff had to be uncomfortable. The toilet leaked all night. Breakfast was OK. Horrible overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am truly sorry you did not have a better experience during your recent stay. I apologize for the error in your reservation. My understanding is that the room type with 2 double beds was oversold due to unexpected reservation extensions and your reservation was upgraded to a suite to accommodate your arrival. This was intended as an upgrade and apologize that it was actually an inconvenience. Thank you for bringing the issues you had with the toilet to our attention, we have taken care of this issue. Again, I am very sorry you did not have a better experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Ft. Mitchell, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We needed a place to stay with our pet on the last night of a rained out camping trip. This Best Western is close to highway 81 so we were able to get a quick start home in the morning, they accept dogs and the price was very good. I had read some negative reviews on TripAdvisor about the cleanliness of the hotel, so I was a little concerned, but I didn't find any options that looked much better for the price, so I booked a room. When we got there, I was more than satisfied with the room. It was very clean, had newer beadspreads that are not plastic/polyester, and a mini fridge for the food we had from camping. The beds were perfectly comfortable, the staff was friendly and the continental breakfast the next morning was great! It's not super fancy, but everything works and everything is comfortable. We had no problems. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your camping trip got rained out on the last day but very happy that we were able to accommodate your family and your pet. It is nice to hear that you had no problems with your stay and that your room was clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit to our area.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was very satisfied with the overall hotel experience. The free breakfast put most others to shame considering the selection. Staff was very helpful and friendly. This is the 5th year in a row that I have stayed here for 3-4 nights at a time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our breakfast superior to other hotels that you have stayed at and that our staff was helpful. We look forward to having you with us again next year. If I can be of any assistance with a future booking please let me know.

Lewiston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I found the location to be very convenient to in-town activities (fall festival) and it wasn't very far from malls and other conveniences. Restaurants and shops were walking distance. Staff at the hotel was pleasant and professional. The high speed internet log on was very convenient; no passwords or fees.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Black River Fall Festival and that our staff took good care of you while you were with us. We have several events in the area throughout the year as well as our Farmer's Market that is open every Wednesday right across the street from the hotel from May to October. We hope to see you soon for another visit.

Tarzana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is old and needs to be updated. The bathroom was a disaster, very old and much in need of updating. The housekeeping is poor at best. Just not use to Best Westerns that are in this condition.I would not stay at his hotel again. . They could do a much better job of breakfast. Selections were poor and the quality of the food was not good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to make every guest experience a positive one and I apologize that we let you down. We began remodeling our guest rooms this past spring starting in the bedroom area and are slated to finish the bathrooms this winter. While we are unable to change the size of our bathrooms we will be doing what we can to make them more functional for our guests. I would welcome any suggestions you have for selections that you would like to see offered on our breakfast. We do try to alternate and add items that guests request when possible. I hope you will give us the opportunity on a future visit to show you how good a stay at our property can be.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were a family of 3, all adults, who stayed Aug 31-Sept 1 (booked via booking.com). First off they need to do something about how the GPS directs you if possible. We got lost as we were directed to another 300 Washington Street in a small town perhaps about 15 mins away. When we finally arrived, we had to wait nearly 1/2 hr past check-in time to get a room. Other guests were waiting also and were visibly upset. When a manager finally came to the front desk, she offered an explanation for the delay (staffing issues) and a discount on the room rate. To add insult to injury, we got booked into a very dirty room!! There were smelly pillows and what looked like a small blood or rust stain on the sheet of one bed. The other bed had a comforter with a huge "blood" stain and a sheet with lipstick smears. We called the front desk to have the sheets changed however no one came after 20-30 minutes thus we called back. We were told housekeeping was on their way. We waited another 10 mins however no one came so we went down to the front desk to complain, only to be told that we were placed in that room by error!! We had pictures of the nastiness which we showed the front desk clerks. They were appalled and we did receive an apology. The room (#309) apparently was never cleaned however it appeared in their system as cleaned. It's strange because the beds were made up perfectly and there was even a written note left by the housekeeper stating that the room was cleaned for us!! Even the towels seemed freshly replenished. It's gross to think about because we unknowingly laid on these unhygienic beds before discovering the disgusting stains. Unfortunately, we had to ask for a discount and a change of room - it wasn't readily offered. Should the room have been comped?? It's a pity we didn't have a manager to speak to at this point. In spite of the gross error with the 1st room, the new room we got was very clean - you could smell the difference! We checked the sheets and they were fresh and clean. In general we liked the amenities available (e.g. in-room microwave and fridge, large flat-screen, free breakfast). The breakfast was pretty decent and they refilled constantly. Affordable place to stay for a weekend shopping trip. I would return despite the bad start provided no more mishaps.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologize for the horrible start to your stay with is. I am glad that our staff was able to get you into a room that was clean and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay and all of the amenities that we offer. I am also happy to hear that you would return for a future visit. Since I was unable to compensate you for the problems that you encountered during your stay I would be like the opportunity to make amends during a future visit. Please let me know when you would like to visit us again.