Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Relax Inn(Watertown)
$56
$58
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskfort drumolder hotelwafflesshopping areaon site restaurantsausageminute drivefree breakfastnice place to staybreakfast was excellentking suitebed was very comfortablecoffee makercookiesnew yorksalmon run mall
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice rooms complete with microwave, larger refridgerator, and large flat screen TV. Best complimentary breakfast that I have had in any hotel. Only negitive is our floor was only about 6 steps above the lobby and there was no elevator on that floor. So you had to bring your lugage up the stairs. It also prevented you from using a cart.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for the "excellent" review of our property. It is nice to know that you found our complimentary breakfast to be the best you've had. I do apologize for the strange set up of our first floor and it having stairs. We would be happy to make sure that your room is located on an upper floor with easy elevator access for any future stays with us. We look forward to having you as our guests on a future visit to Watertown.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is true that the hotel is not new but our room was larger than we had in the newer hotels during our 2-week visit to the U.S.; it was clean and quiet, and we loved the fact that it was well away from the highway and its adjoining shopping centers. Two years ago, we stayed near the highway and the waterparks; we paid $250 for a room for one night and it was dirty, old, smelly, and not worth $10/night. Chris Hess was very helpful, courteous, funny, and kind. Thanks for the good memories.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was our pleasure to give you good memories. I have shared your review with our staff so that they know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how much what they do matters to our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the States. If I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know.

General manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

the hotel was easy to find front desk service was friendly and helpful when we asked questions.We had a pet friendly room with our 2 cats it was very comfortable and clean .they offered a buffet breakfast that was more than I expected including hot Belgian waffles. Pool was clean and warm would stay at this hotel again .
Chris on the front desk was so helpful and friendly keep up the good work

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our property. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your cats and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am very glad that Chris took good care of you while you were with us and have shared your comments with him. We look forward to seeing you and your cats on your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited Alexandria Bay in upstate New York to take the Thousand Islands boat cruise, decided to stay in Watertown 2 nites to take advantage of the shopping. The hotel itself is 3 -star at the most. Nothing rates more than 3 stars in the whole town. Watertown itself is not much of a tourist destination, unless you're into white water rafting on the Black River, which I'm not. The room we had was small but clean. The staff were certainly friendly and helpful. Breakfast came included - be sure to have the do-it-yourself blueberry waffles if they're available. Swam the indoor pool in 9 strokes. There's Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart, Old Navy, Victoria Secret, Hollister, but no Cheesecake Factory.

Room Tip: Best Western is located in Downtown Watertown whereas the main shopping strip is 10 minutes away. There's a Ramada that's closer....
1  Thank lannykay

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the blueberry waffles. I apologize that our city doesn't have more to draw you interest. I too would love to have a Cheesecake Factory in Watertown. There are several places of interest within a 10 minute drive from the City such as Sacketts Harbor which is a battle site of the War of 1812 and The Burrville Cider Mill which was built in the 1800's and has the best hot cider donuts. Our staff would be happy to direct you to these or other area attractions on your next shopping trip to Watertown.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked rooms for 2 nights in this BW hotel for the August (Sept 1, 2) long weekend in Watertown. When we arrived at our hotel room (19:00 hrs) we were informed our room was not ready yet (check-in was after 15:00hrs). When I asked when we should return for our rooms, I was told "I don't know". There were about 20 people in the lobby waiting for their rooms, and one other couple in the same predicament as us (made booking, but no rooms available). As our frustrations grew when we were told, the laundry dryer was broken, and that "some of the cleaning staff did not show up for work, this usually happens on weekends". Unfortunately it was not until the 3 airline employees showed up, and immediately were registered and sent to their room while we were informed our rooms were still not ready, that our frustration boiled over and we left the premises. I found the front desk personnel very cold and unconcerned over our predicament, and the other patrons waiting in the lobby. We didn't bother to stick around to see if any other couples were refused rooms. I booked the rooms through Booking.com, and after procuring additional lodging for the night, I was pleased to hear I would not have to pay the refund amount on the room.
I cannot comment on any part of this BW other than the Parking Lot and the Main lobby. What's to comment. Staff were unsympathetic, management no where to be found.
This does not appear to be the first time, please read on. Stay away, you don't need the stress.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyWanderers2013
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for bringing your experience at our property to my attention. I apologize that you were not checked in to our hotel in a timely manner and that our staff seemed unsympathetic. We were experiencing some laundry issues which put us behind. This issue has been resolved. This in no way excuses the way you were treated or the fact that you felt you had to find accommodations elsewhere. Please be assured that both I and another manager were on property trying to help move the process along by assisting in laundry, making beds, and anything else we could do. We are working with our staff on how to better handle problems when they arise and above all else to make sure our guests are taken care of. I hope you will give us the opportunity to improve on your experience during a future stay. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in this matter or with future reservations.