“Sbazzle”

Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The staff were very friendly and we got good service. The rooms are in need of some updating was my main problem. The breakfast was a good warm continental breakfast. It is located right downtown but not any food or gas stations walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff took good care of you while you were with us. I apologize for the age of the furnishings in our guest rooms. We are currently in the process of finalizing selections and hope to begin the room renovations in early spring. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Watertown so that you can see all of the wonderful changes we are making.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Staff were all pleasant and helpful. Room was large, clean and very quiet. Was not disturbed by other guests or outside noise. Breakfast was good. Motel is located in the center of town across from the City Hall. Like to run and was able to run up Hwy 11 south out of town and back. Road had a very wide shoulder, so running facing traffic was safe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for the great survey you wrote about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff pleasant and the accommodations clean and quiet. I would be happy to give you another great running route the next time you are in town as we are only a mile from our local park. It is beautiful and adds some hills to your run. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Watertown.

General Mananger.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Hotel was close to shopping 5 min by car.Friendly staff pool was great had it all to ourselves even the sauna.The bar live entertainment Marc Chauvette was great.Food too and free movies and breakfast buffet in the morning great location

• Stayed: December 2012
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jerimcgm, Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write such a great survey about your recent stay with us. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the many amenities that we offer and that you found our staff friendly. We look forward to having you as our guests the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very clean...and the service was great.The hotel was a bit from the shopping but not to far.The staff was very friendly and were extremely helpful.We loved that the hotel was quiet so it was easy to sleep.And if you are traveling with children they do have a mini fridge and microwave to use.Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. It is nice to know that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer. I hope our staff also made you aware of the DVD library and board games that we have available to our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Watertown.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My 76-year old mother stayed here for 2 weeks when visiting family and was so pleased she asked me to write this review! Not that there weren't glitches - i.e. she had requested a non-smoking room (she's allergic) and was originally given a smoking one, but all of them were pretty quickly fixed. She thought the rooms were clean and nice, the breakfast buffet was generous, and the people were incredibly helpful, friendly, and just genuinely kind. She especially said that Steve (housekeeping), Alanna (server in the dining room), and Chris Hess in reception were all standouts.

Thanks for taking care of my mom!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on your mother's behalf. I am so pleased that she enjoyed her stay with us and that our staff took such good care of her. I would also like to apologize for the few hiccups she experienced, but am very gald that these were taken care of quickly for her. Please let me know if we can be of service for a future visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went back again this year, and everything was as wonderful as last year. We were on the first floor this year, and the room was not noisy (adult noise) at night, there were some teens running in the halls in late afternoon, but that was resolved early evening. Room was clean, bright and great. Breakfast was very good with a great variety to choose from. Staff were friendly, cheerful and very accommodating. Can't go for shopping next year with work schedule, but as soon as can, will be back!!! Thanks for another Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne886

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we could help make your Black Friday shopping a success. I'm sorry to hear you will miss the big day next year, but keep in mind the stores have some great after Christmas sales. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown. If I can be of any assistance in booking you next visit please let me know.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Bought room on Hotwire, have never been disappointed in the many years we've been using Hotwire. Just checked in (US thanksgiving shopping trip). The first room we were given had a large blood stain on one mattress. I asked for another room and was given a room directly across the hall. Same room, no stains, but window sill and heat unit have cobwebs and dead flies and lots of dust. Maybe I'm just looking for things to be wrong, but after the blood stain, I'm ticked that I paid $112 for one night at this apparently shoddy place. We paid $50 via hotwire for last night's stay at a comfort inn in Syracuse that was much cleaner. Rooms in the 1st floor wing we are in (room 123) are very outdated (read 1980s)' hall carpets are filthy and stained. We'll sleep on top of the duvet and ask for blankets (hopefully they'll be clean!)

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a renovated room, or you'll be disgusted.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have looked into the items that you mentioned and these conditions are unacceptable and not the image we want our guest to have of our hotel. I have issued a Best Western Travel Card to you as compensation and you should be receiving it in a few days. I hope you will give us the opportunity to improve your impression of us by keeping us in mind for a furture visit. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.