“Great Value”

Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very clean...and the service was great.The hotel was a bit from the shopping but not to far.The staff was very friendly and were extremely helpful.We loved that the hotel was quiet so it was easy to sleep.And if you are traveling with children they do have a mini fridge and microwave to use.Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. It is nice to know that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer. I hope our staff also made you aware of the DVD library and board games that we have available to our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Watertown.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My 76-year old mother stayed here for 2 weeks when visiting family and was so pleased she asked me to write this review! Not that there weren't glitches - i.e. she had requested a non-smoking room (she's allergic) and was originally given a smoking one, but all of them were pretty quickly fixed. She thought the rooms were clean and nice, the breakfast buffet was generous, and the people were incredibly helpful, friendly, and just genuinely kind. She especially said that Steve (housekeeping), Alanna (server in the dining room), and Chris Hess in reception were all standouts.

Thanks for taking care of my mom!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on your mother's behalf. I am so pleased that she enjoyed her stay with us and that our staff took such good care of her. I would also like to apologize for the few hiccups she experienced, but am very gald that these were taken care of quickly for her. Please let me know if we can be of service for a future visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went back again this year, and everything was as wonderful as last year. We were on the first floor this year, and the room was not noisy (adult noise) at night, there were some teens running in the halls in late afternoon, but that was resolved early evening. Room was clean, bright and great. Breakfast was very good with a great variety to choose from. Staff were friendly, cheerful and very accommodating. Can't go for shopping next year with work schedule, but as soon as can, will be back!!! Thanks for another Wonderful stay!

1  Thank Anne886

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we could help make your Black Friday shopping a success. I'm sorry to hear you will miss the big day next year, but keep in mind the stores have some great after Christmas sales. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown. If I can be of any assistance in booking you next visit please let me know.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Bought room on Hotwire, have never been disappointed in the many years we've been using Hotwire. Just checked in (US thanksgiving shopping trip). The first room we were given had a large blood stain on one mattress. I asked for another room and was given a room directly across the hall. Same room, no stains, but window sill and heat unit have cobwebs and dead flies and lots of dust. Maybe I'm just looking for things to be wrong, but after the blood stain, I'm ticked that I paid $112 for one night at this apparently shoddy place. We paid $50 via hotwire for last night's stay at a comfort inn in Syracuse that was much cleaner. Rooms in the 1st floor wing we are in (room 123) are very outdated (read 1980s)' hall carpets are filthy and stained. We'll sleep on top of the duvet and ask for blankets (hopefully they'll be clean!)

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a renovated room, or you'll be disgusted.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have looked into the items that you mentioned and these conditions are unacceptable and not the image we want our guest to have of our hotel. I have issued a Best Western Travel Card to you as compensation and you should be receiving it in a few days. I hope you will give us the opportunity to improve your impression of us by keeping us in mind for a furture visit. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Not up to the usual Best Western Standards

Very dissapointed with the hallways and guest rooms. Hallways and vestibules had a heavy cigaret smoke musty type smell. Carpets could of used of scrub

Rooms were very outdated, window casing very dirty and moldy

Rooms had a strange smell to them that did not disapate when the heat or air was turned on, ended up opening the window for relief

Linnens were clean

Poor Wiffi connection (but it was free, so really cant' complain)

Breakfast area was very spacious and clean, breakfast was hot and plentyfull. Many choices to be had.

Staff were friendly and advised us that the hotel was to be brought up to modern standards starting in a few months..

Location was far off the main shopping area, and hotel was difficult to find. No markers to follow.

Plenty of parking though which was nice

Would rather be closer to the Salmon Run Mall and shopping areas.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor, facing what we think was a large government building and a church further...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your recent stay with us. I apologize that every part of your stay did not meet your expectations. As our staff mentioned, we are finalizing renovation decisions and hope for this project to begin in early 2013. I was pleased that you found our staff friendly and our breakfast plentiful. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future so that you can see the improvements we are making. If I can be of further service please let me know.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

A nice hotel in the downtown area. Check in was a breese and staff remembered us from our last stay.The room was a bit dated with older wallpaper and a few stains.Bed was comfortable and bathroom was passable.
Breakfast buffet was ok with a bit more veriety than the usual continental spread
Staff were very freindly and accomodating

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff recognized you as part of the family as we refer to our regular customers. We are aware of the dated appearance of our rooms and are hoping to start renovations the first of the year. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the Best Western in Watertown on the night of October 26th; it was unusually warm that whole week and in preparation for the coming winter months, the hotel had turned the air conditioning system off and turned the heat on. It was very hot in our room so my husband went down to the front desk to see if perhaps we could move because our window was jammed and we could not open it. We tried for about an hour, but couldn't get it to open. We didn't want to mess up two separate rooms, plus the room they offered us had the same problem. They offered to have housekeeping come to see if they could help. That's when Carol showed up. She worked on the window for about 20 mins., then literally climbed up on the window sill to pull the window open, all the while with a leg brace on. She did get it open, which made all the difference in the comfort of our room. We offered her a tip, which she politely refused. She would not give up on the window because she knew we were uncomfortable; she is truly a gem and we can't thank her enough for her help. The hotel management was also kind enough to give us 50% off for that night for our trouble, which was a very pleasant surprise and very welcomed. Thanks for all your help, Carol!!

1  Thank MrsJRZ59
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I loved reading your recent review. I can actually picture Carol up on the ledge fighting with your window. This is Carol to a tee. Last year I even purchased a pink tool set for her for Christmas because she always goes out of her way to fix things for our guests. I would like to also apologize for the strange weather we have. Being an older hotel unfortunately we are unable to run heat and AC together. We put it off as long as we could waiting for Indian Summer, but the nights were just too cold. I truly appreciate your understanding and am glad that our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you the next time you are in Watertown.