Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Royal Inn(Watertown)
$65
$62
Travelocity
Allen's Budget Motel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskfort drumolder hotelwafflesshopping areaon site restaurantsausagebreakfast was excellentfree breakfastminute driveking suitebed was very comfortablecoffee makercookiesnew yorksalmon run mallshopping trip
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the Best Western in Watertown on the night of October 26th; it was unusually warm that whole week and in preparation for the coming winter months, the hotel had turned the air conditioning system off and turned the heat on. It was very hot in our room so my husband went down to the front desk to see if perhaps we could move because our window was jammed and we could not open it. We tried for about an hour, but couldn't get it to open. We didn't want to mess up two separate rooms, plus the room they offered us had the same problem. They offered to have housekeeping come to see if they could help. That's when Carol showed up. She worked on the window for about 20 mins., then literally climbed up on the window sill to pull the window open, all the while with a leg brace on. She did get it open, which made all the difference in the comfort of our room. We offered her a tip, which she politely refused. She would not give up on the window because she knew we were uncomfortable; she is truly a gem and we can't thank her enough for her help. The hotel management was also kind enough to give us 50% off for that night for our trouble, which was a very pleasant surprise and very welcomed. Thanks for all your help, Carol!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsJRZ59
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I loved reading your recent review. I can actually picture Carol up on the ledge fighting with your window. This is Carol to a tee. Last year I even purchased a pink tool set for her for Christmas because she always goes out of her way to fix things for our guests. I would like to also apologize for the strange weather we have. Being an older hotel unfortunately we are unable to run heat and AC together. We put it off as long as we could waiting for Indian Summer, but the nights were just too cold. I truly appreciate your understanding and am glad that our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you the next time you are in Watertown.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was very nice for being a In-Town Hotel. The rooms were clean. Huge TV. Micro,
Refridge and coffe pot in room. They had a great breakfast buffet included in the price. The staff was very helpful. The only problem was the AC had been turned off for the winter and the room was way too warm. We can't always control the weather!

Room Tip: Remember to pick a room with a bed size you want. We would've loves a queen but got a double.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I was pleased to see that you found our hotel nice and our staff helpful. I do apologize for Mother Nature. The weather in our area is always quite crazy this time of year with 70's one day and 40's the next. It is difficult to keep up. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff but it ends there. Beware scrambled eggs for breakfast. I never ate sawdust but imagine this is how it tastes like. Access to parking was difficult to roadwork at the time (not hotel's fault)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and are working on improvements to our breakfast. I am very pleased that you did have a pleasant experience with our staff and hope you will consider giving us another chance during your next visit to the area. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Mould on bathroom ceiling and bathtub tiles. Very small bathroom - a large person would have trouble sitting on the toilet. Constant noise from the ventilation system which was very loud and annoying - sounded like a diesel truck idling outside the room. We received a $30 discount on the room for the noise, which kept us awake over half the night. Very few TV stations to choose from. Restaurant was not open on Sunday evening, so we had to go out in the rain searching for somewhere to eat. There was no local phone book in the room. The desk chair was broken and we could not raise it. Hotel needs a total renovation top to bottom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for taking time to let me know about the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. First let me apologize for these issues and assure you that we are taking care of the items that we can right away. I'm sure if our staff had been aware of these issues they would have been happy to switch rooms for you. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future if you are in our area. If you would like to speak with me in more detail about your stay please give me a call at 315-782-8000.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is an older hotel, situated ideally downtown away from the big box stores and hub bub of Interstate on and off. Having said that, being downtown here is like being in a small town ( its not) because of its proximity to the beautiful downtown square with historic statues and fountain and the refurbished downtown stores in the old building. Back to the hotel, upon arrival, I was very impressed with the front desk staff who were happy, friendly and very accommodating. The welcome package of snacks for "BW rewards members" was a nice touch. We had a room on the first floor and it was pretty much a standard BW room. Two double beds with pillow top mattresses and three small pillows on each bed. ( I have a problem with these and would prefer two standard pillows instead. Checked at front desk and they didn't have any of them to swap). The room was a good size and the bath room was small and "seating" was compact but not a problem. The room had full amenities and was clean and bright, but the curtains and wall coverings were showing age. TV was updated and large.

Didn't check out the indoor pool, but I did imbibe in the downstairs lounge and enjoyed a nice "happy hour" 4-6 I think and $5.00 appetizers (the mozzarella sticks were great)

Breakfast was complimentary and the breakfast room was very large with lots of seating (in what I believe was the hotel ballroom). The breakfast was good with a nice selection of breakfast items.

Overall, not one of the new modular hotels by the interstate, but not a bad place to stay and I would recommend it for an overnighter.

Room Tip: there are three floors here, so if you have a lot of stuff, request a first floor room. By the way, pets are welcome here and the rooms are situated in the basement areas.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CdnDremer
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are currently working with Best Western to make some renovations to our guest rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. For a bit of history, this room is the actual carriage house for the orginal home that stood where the hotel does now. Our downtown area has several quaint shops and restaurants that most people visiting our area miss because they are more interested in the mall and chain stores. It's great that you had a chance to explore out town a little. We hope to see you on your next trip to Watertown.