“Excellent and enjoyable dinner”
Review of Sboros Restaurant

Sboros Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 148 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family owned and operated, Sboro's Restaurant has been a dining destination in the north country for over 25 years. Come in and enjoy a glass of wine or specialty martini before dining on a variety of chicken, seafood, pasta or steak dishes. We have a comfortable lounge featuring a full bar menu and an intimate dining room perfect for a business dinner, date night, family or friends dinner.
Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent and enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We've been to Sboros a few times while visiting family in the area. It's probably the best place that we've eaten in Watertown recently. Prices are very reasonable, although maybe a little high when compared to other restaurants in Watertown. Most meals are in the $17-22 range, including bread and salad.

During our last visit, we started with a drink at the bar, followed by dinner.

The drink list is not amazingly extensive, but is sufficient. There are 3 drafts beers and most of the normal (mostly domestic) bottles. They have about 2-4 types of each style of wine.The drink prices are very reasonable.

Most dinners start with a large side salad...either house, caesar or antipasto.

For dinner, I had the Art's Ribeye (a large ribeye, normally covered with mushrooms...but I had onions, along with a garlic sauce)...$21. My wife had the 'cajun' chicken and pasta special...$18. Both were very good, although I think the garlic sauce could have been more garlic-y and the cajun sauce could have been much more spicy, but I am sure others would feel differently.

We really enjoyed the meals, but unfortunately had absolutely no room for any of the desserts (which looked really good).

The servers were very friendly and helpful.

I'd definitely recommend Sboros if you'd like a 'nicer' dinner while in Watertown.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Boscaverde86

Albany, NY
“Excellent service, very good entrees”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I made reservations here for our wedding anniversary. Our server Dawn was personable, efficient and happy. She steered us through the menu and specials, patiently waiting as we selected a wine. The wine menu is adequate, but not very broad or adventurous. We found a nice, big Pinot Noir that matched up surprisingly well with our entrees. She had "Art's Ribeye," with a wonderful mushroom sauce, and I chose the Prime Rib and scallops combo. Prime Rib was good, scallops were excellently prepared. Some grilled asparagus for the side. For an appetizer, we choose their Bruchetta. It was not what we expected at all, the portion was huge, and was a light, airy bread with cheese and diced vegetables. Very good.The desserts looked homemade and wonderful, but we had no room. Should have taken them with us. A nice bar with groups of friendly locals, tables and booths are well spaced. A nice place to enjoy a fine meal.

4 Thank Tom W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in Watertown”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have never had a bad meal here! When my boyfriend asks where I want to go on a date its always here! I always get the chicken francais! The lemon sauce is to die for! The salad the bread everything just always tastes so fresh! The appitizers are the best thing here I could order 4 or 5 and make a meal out of that! Wow! The artichoke dip- garlic cheese bread with a creamy dip topped with melted cheese and a bit of BACCON! The baccon wrapped scallops with a spinach salad and this spicy mustard dressing! I always eat all of that salad!!! The seafood crepes! Wow!!! Artichokes French fried artichoke hearts with that famous house made lemon sauce! Just over all a wonderful home made yummy place! Always take home dessert! I would love if they had a signature cocktail list!!!! And the wine list could DEFINATELY use work! Doesn't compare to the food! The bathrooms are always super clean as is the whole place! It's just a bit dated but it's most definately the best place in town to eat!!!!

1 Thank Amadabaxter
Lowville, New York, United States
“Excellant Dining”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My Wife and I try to get to Sboros at least once a month for dinner. Art is an outstanding host very helpful to everyone. Mary makes the best drinks, and very freindly, the wait staff is also top notch. Not to mention the great food, very flavorful, not to pricey, and served in the right amount of time. The atmostphere is of quiet dining, no screaming kids, and the children that do come in are well behaved. An excellant place to dine!

2 Thank Paul M
College Station, Texas
“Wonderful Lamb”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was a first time for us eating here and found it to be very nice. Probably the best food in Watertown and certainly the best selection of entrees. We had Lamb, a petite, and lobster and each was its' own fantastic taste. Each of the meats were cooked exactly as ordered, and for me I enjoy a petite that doesn't have to cover up with bacon. A little butter during cooking goes a long way. So, this petite did not have bacon to disguise the taste and that is a plus in my book. The lobster was cooked well and presentation was spot on with an already removed tail meat resting on the tail shell. I would have liked to see a larger wine selection or at least a bit more european, or even local wines.

1 Thank travelerpadoc