“Very poor managing skills!”
Review of Fireside at Partridge Berry Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fireside at Partridge Berry Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Very poor managing skills!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A party of 6. We wanted to take our mother out to dinner for her birthday. We called to make reservations on sunday but no answer or answering machine. So we drove out there and they were closed. Yet no sign on the door. Their website states clearly they are open noon to eight on sundays. They lost out on a large dinner party that spends good money. Very poor managing skills! The food wasnt that great last time I myself was there anyways. Will never go back!

5 Thank biond01

Black River, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

On Friday September 28 my family and I came for dinner and drinks as we have done several times in the past. We stay at our cottage during the warmer months and usually eat on the water. During the fall/winter and spring we love to eat at the Fireside as do our friends and family. We noticed that some redecorating had been done and the place still looks nice although we stayed and ate in the bar area so I can not comment on what the rest of the place looks like now. The bartender was pleasant enough but her attire leaved a lot to be desired with her breasts nearly falling out of her shirt. The waitress we had was dressed in a stained gray (formerly white) t-shirt. She was pleasant enough. We were not given bread or water as we have in the past when dining there and we ordered an appetizer that she had forgotten until I reminded her and she brought it with our dinners. My mother was the only one that ordered a salad which she did not get either. My mother did not get the starch she ordered with her dinner and had to ask for it. She requested a glass of water at that time and it never came. We were not asked if we wanted desert or coffee and were promptly brought our check while still eating. The food was delicious as always. I am hoping this was just a fluke and that this is not what Fireside is like now. We will try again because we love the food and have loved dining there in the past.

7 Thank Anna T
Watertown, New York
“Delightful!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were warmly greeted to this delightfully charming restaurant as six of us began our evening together. We were able to secure the cozy Chef's Room. Our waitress was efficient and eager to please us. Our appetizers and entrees were excellent. As usual, I was the only one to have dessert; a wonderful, generous slice of carrot cake. Located in a lovely setting, very affordable and well worth the visit!

Watertown, New York
“UNBELIEVABLE”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

my husband and I went there for his birthday dinner. once seated, we were offered water and
proceeded to order our dinner. we were never told what the specials were and that we had the
choice of a "side" along with a potato. when I questioned the waitress, she acted befuddled but
brought one salad. I ordered a baked potato and was given "ONE" pat of butter. I asked the
waitress for more butter and she said, "I gave you one, didn't I". she did come back with 2 this time. when we finished our dinner, our waitress said I will bring you your bill. she never asked
us if we would like coffee or dessert. all in all, our waitress was "TERRIBLE" and she was very
slow and inattentive. I doubt very much if we will ever go back. another eyesore was the hostess,
who was dressed in blue jeans and shirt that was tucked in. (not very professional)

4 Thank Kathy P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to eat!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

What a beautiful place to take your family! The staff is super friendly and the food is delicious! I would definitely recommend eating here, great food, great service! I will be back again!

1 Thank Sleone23