“Mediocre Food”

Imperani Guest House Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Ficksburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Food was okay, nothing wonderful. Bit pricey. We ate there on 2 separate evenings. The pizza base was underdone, the oxtail was tough and the lasagne was dry, no cheese sauce between the layers. The staff were very attentitive and friendly though. The table cloth was still dirty the second night we ate there, not sure how long they stay on the table before being changed for clean ones.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had supper twice. On both occasions the service was friendly and the food was good.

The menu offers something for most tastes. The wine list is limited, but offers reasonable quality wines at affordable prices.

On both occasions the kitchen battled to serve the number of patrons, resulting in long waits

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just lunch for two, but the quality of the food and the firendly service was way above European standards for the price.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We came here when we found out that The Cliff House had closed down. Good hamburgers obviously made from scratch.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was a really boring, actually unmentionable experience.

The restaurant looks inviting from street view, but inside little is done to make it welcoming and friendly. The manager ignored me and the waiter just did his job nothing more. Loud music inside which didn't seem to suit the restaurant at all.

Therefor I went to sit outside, where there literally is just tables, no extra flowers nothing, just some tables. I had a coffee, but lost my appetite.

When I had to pay my bill the lady at the till had no idea what I had to pay for, even though I was the only customer.

I won't go back and I won't recommend it. Even in an area with very few options.