1,374 results
All reviewsocean viewhilltop restaurantbeau vallonour honeymoonles cocotiersinfinity poolhilton seychellesoceanfront villasmall beachsilhouette islandindian oceangrand oceanwonderful hotelhead chefbuffet restaurantcoffee machinethe hotel offers
Reviewed November 18, 2017

The property and setting is beautiful, and the rooms great (we stayed in an ocean front room for our honeymoon). Parts of the service were good (James the concierge was excellent), but others not that good. In addition, upon checking out at 11am we forgot a few items in the room. We called at 4pm to inform the Hotel. Only some of the items were found and others went missing. We were quite disappointed with the level of service for a 5-star Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Vanessa A, Front Office & Quality Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear Jonathan K,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback on both trip advisor and our Hilton platform. Please be advised that we have already contacted you via Hilton platform for further discussion.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Can recommend this hotel to anyone. Excellent service, villa, food, location etc. All in all we are very satisfied with our stay. The personel was top class as was the food and villa we were staying in. The location speaks for itself.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Vanessa A, Front Office & Quality Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Dear andreaskvist1,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and also for taking the time in sharing your holiday experience with us! Your feedback has been shared with the whole team who was very pleased to learn that they made your stay Excellent and that you would recommend it to other people, and possibly for you to come back again!

We really do hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Spent 5 nights at this hotel resort during early November. Found the resort to be small and very peaceful. The position of the resort is built up on the rocks overlooking the sea to the West. Sunset views guaranteed and they didn’t disappoint.

The grounds are nice, very tropical and well maintained. The small beach is nice enough but Beau Vallon beach is only 5 minutes walk if you really want a great beach.
The resort didn’t seem to benefit from much of a breeze which during meals made things a little warm even with all doors wide open. Fans didn’t do too much.
The pool is small but very nice with an infinity edge, although the material is very course. Pool was often empty and I didn’t see any children. Not sure if they are allowed in this hotel or not.

The location is 30 minutes drive from the airport and you can takes 2 main routes, both take about the same time. I found following the coast easiest. Hire cars really are a must to explore the whole island. Car parking is free on site.
Check-in was a little bit long winded but that may have been my timing. After 27 hours travel I really just wanted my room. Sadly even though a Diamond member I didn’t receive a room upgrade due to high occupancy. I did however receive the free water and a free bottle of Red wine. Thanks. Other than that nothing else was a benefit of being Diamond. My breakfast was already paid in my package. Overall Diamond experience was underwhelming and not really worthy of staying loyal to this hotel. That’s another story though. Susantha on reception was outstanding in everything he did for us.

The room was the hillside KING OCEANFRONT VILLA which I found to be very spacious. Nice views, large bathroom and large deck. Very clean and tidy. A few bad things though. The keys kept getting wiped so often had to walk to reception to reset them for access. The bed had no fan nearby so had to rely on the A/C. No breeze so couldn’t open the doors for fresh air. A/C leaked badly and totally failed late one night causing me to sleep on the floor under the fan. That was not a pleasant night. This did get fixed the next day and worked great afterwards. A fruit platter given as compensation but that was no compensation at all for the experience I had. The bed was very firm but it was ok for me.

The bar was average at best, slow service and very expensive drinks. In fact, so expensive I never returned. Cheaper to drink your own on your veranda. Food I tried in the bar was also expensive and tasteless.

The restaurant at the top was very nice. Not bad value if you consider the buffet spread. Every night was themed and the food was always great. The service here was always exceptional. Elisa was an absolute gem and she always looked after us. Jacob the entrée chef would happily cook up a very tasty dish and a great guy who loved looking after you. All staff in the hotel were good but some stood out. We didn’t try the fine dining restaurant. Breakfast was good but could be better. That can often just be ingredients that aren’t available though. Was surprised to see bananas or mangos not available seeing as they grow everywhere.

Check out was easy and overall we very much enjoyed our stay. These islands are clean, tidy and have the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen in one place. Do island hop though if you can. The ferry is hefty and can be tiresome but worth the hassle.

Bad things about the hotel – No signage along the road so missed the gate often. Really sharp turn also. The room really let down the stay. Not really inside but outside. For a 5 star hotel it really shouldn’t be in such bad repair. Paint peeling, decking rotten and broken in places and furniture really worn out. Inside the room the main issue for me was nowhere comfortable to relax. The wooden bench was hard and slippery with cushions that slipped off as soon as you tried to get comfortable. After a long day it was hard to actually relax in the room. The TV was also only analogue and had a pretty bad picture, but that’s getting picky at best. Water was a ridiculous price. Lucky it was provided in the room but if you buy it for dinner then it was crazy money. Really didn't understand why that was as it was cheap in the shops. Just a rip off really.

I would recommend this resort and you may get a better room that I did, overall the cost was on the high side so I expected more. I think the Seychelles are expensive for everything though so that's just the way it is.

Tips - buy as much as possible at the hypermarket.

Room Tip: look at it before unpacking....

Dear kelly m,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!

Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience with us via Trip Advisor, and also via our Hilton platform, which we have well received. Your points have been noted, and shared with the Management Team for us to look into.

I sincerely would like to apologise that you did not feel valued as a Diamond member, as Hilton does take pride in all our Hhonors members.

If you are coming back to Seychelles, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that we may assist you in organising your stay, so as to ensure that all goes smoothly.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

We arrived at the hotel, and checking in was easy. The villas have amazing views, and a large, spacious and cool. If we went again I would book one with a private pool. The beach is small and the loungers set above the beach not in a great position for sun lovers. The pool is directly in the sun, but the loungers are all very close together so you feel like sardines. The pool has amazing views of the sunset though. We found that the hotel was not great value for money when it came to food. We had a buffet one night and it was 95 USD per person. My wife also tried to change her spa appointment though reception, which was not communicated to the spa. The hotel took the equivalent amount of our bill (unasked) but as the spa was very busy (only two rooms), she did not manage to get another appointment. (this is not about the hotel but I will people told me that the weather is Mahe is driven by the hills. They seem to keep the clouds, more than the outer islands)

Room Tip: Go for a villa with a pool.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Vanessa A, Front Office & Quality Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear Charles R,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!

I would firstly like to thank you for staying with us, and also fro taking the time in sharing your experience with us. We really appreciated the fact that you enjoyed your arrival experience amongst other experience, but was concerned to read your disappointment in regards to the food and the spa incident. Please be advised that we will take a look into the matter, so as to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay completely.

We hope to welcome you back fro a greater experience.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

Excellent stay and location. Super service. The Hotel staff was very courteous to our needs. The Hotel has an excellent view on the north of mAhe island in Seychelles. They have an excellent spread on the breakfast menu

Dear sharonlH2575SR,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!

It was a pleasure to have hosted you at our resort, and it was an even greater pleasure to read your experience with us. My team & I were quite pleased to read that you had an Excellent stay, and your feedback in regards to the breakfast has been shared with our chefs who strive to ensure our guests are catered for.

We hope to welcome you back to our small corner of paradise.