1,372 results
All reviewsocean viewhilltop restaurantbeau vallonour honeymoonles cocotiersinfinity poolhilton seychellesoceanfront villasmall beachsilhouette islandindian oceangrand oceanwonderful hotelhead chefbuffet restaurantcoffee machinethe hotel offers
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Hilton Northolme is gorgeous. Lovely views, nice food, beautiful beaches. We were there for the second part of our honeymoon, stayed one night in an oceanfront room and then 5 nights in the Ian Fleming suite. Do not bother spending the extra money. The room is EXACTLY the same except you get a round bed, a posh looking coffee table and the Bond dvd back catalogue. It is not worth the extra £100 a night. I actually asked at reception what the difference was and after stumbling on his words the chap said you were paying for the 'concept!' In fact I have to say the views are probably best from the hilltop rooms which are the cheapest!

The ladies in the spa are the best. We had 2 divine massages which were out of this world.

All in all we had a lovely time. Special thanks go to Victor who when we mentioned feeling slightly cheated by the extra cost he did halve it for us!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leonieparis
Reviewed June 30, 2009

This place is truely amazing. Probably the best hotel I will ever stay in. The villas are very luxurious, complete with all the amenities you can imagine. The spa is wonderful. The food is delish! The pool and beach were perfect. My only complaint is the the drinks at the bar are stupidly expensive. However, there is a store just outside the resort where you can stock your villa with booze and snacks.

We ate off the resort 3 nights and the food was much more affordable and very good.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank might2469
Reviewed June 18, 2009

This is one incredible hotel. Absolutely beautiful, spacious villas with all the amenities. The staff are incredible and do everything to ensure that each guest feels special. The beaches are small, but when there are only 40 some villas, there was never a crowd. The snorkeling was incredible, the food superb. The infinity edge pool quite refreshing and the spa treatments the best.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank traveloversw
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We have just returned from a truly amazing time at the Hilton Seychelles. The hotel was beautiful and blended into its natural surroundings perfectly.

We arrived very early on a Sunday morning and were greeted by three pleasant staff in the arrival pavilion. We were taken on a tour of the property and then to our villa for check-in. Our luggage was already in our villa and we were greeted with two perfectly chilled glasses of champagne at the door to our villa.

The villa was breathtaking in every sense of the word. Amazing views of the sea and complex, room amenities which even had an amazing coffee machine that served up cappuccinos, lattes, expressos to ristrettos right down to the surround sound music system.

We ate in all three restaurants. Breakfast in Hilltop had a very wide selection of choice but my favourite was the daily local speciality dish which is a must try. I ate a different dish every day including grilled chicken with mixed vegetable rice to fish curry. Every one as delicious as the next. Certainly made a change to bacon and eggs! The breakfast being made extra special by being washed down with a lovely chilled glass of champagne – all part of the buffet.

Hilltop Restaurant also does a varied buffet with a different theme every night. The best is the seafood buffet on the Friday night where they serve prawns the size of small plates, lobsters, scallops and a large array of different types of fish.

We also ate in the Ocean View Bar at lunchtime and it has a good and varied menu from the usual Hilton Classics to some local specialities and their delicious fish fingers are a must try and very addictive!

Best of all is Les Cocotiers, definitely fine dining at its best with the definition on ‘fine’! You can even discuss a personalised menu with Tim, the executive chef and Pamela, the F&B manager, which we did and it exceeded all our expectations. Nothing was a problem to them and they even made a different main course for each of us as I prefer seafood to meat. However, the a la carte menu in Les Cocotiers will leave you spoilt for choice anyway and it will be a tough decision deciding where to dine each night.

If cocktails are your thing then I would recommend asking the bar staff to make something ‘off menu’ as they come up with some really delicious cocktails but if you are ordering from the menu then I would recommend the Seychelles Sangria, it is a sharing cocktail for two and is served in a beautiful shell. It’s a ‘must-try’! You will not be disappointed!

The service was excellent in every area and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and in the restaurants they always told us that if we didn’t see anything we liked that they would be happy to make us anything we wanted.

There was also a strong management presence all day and they made it a point to speak to as many guests as possible and get to know them individually and took an interest in how we were spending our time on the island, what we had planned and even making little suggestions for us to get more out of our time on the island which I found very helpful.

We also had a couple of Spa treatments while we were there and my advice is to book all your treatments as soon as you arrive as I wanted to book a few more treatments but unfortunately they were already fully booked towards the end of our stay. Perhaps it might have been the fact that the hotel was fully booked and therefore more people requiring the use of the Spa.

A treatment here is also another ‘must-try’ as it is purely indulgent with the sound of soothing waves lapping beneath you as you get your massage and not to give any surprises away but their before and after hospitality in the Spa is a treat.

Overall, I would say that if you want a holiday in the lap of luxury, pampered thoroughly with your every whim catered for then you have to go to the Hilton Seychelles. It is definitely something that has to be experienced for yourself as words really can’t do the place and the service justice. I certainly plan on returning – soon!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FastidiousF
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I will recommend this to any couple wanting to have a comfortable Villa
whilst exploring the Seychelles.

The staff where professional and genuinely friendly (not in your face) and for the duration of our 8 night stay we did not once experience unfriendliness, from the gardeners right through to the room service staff, all staff that we encountered where helpful and friendly – and I can really say it is not often you experience this.

The accommodation was decorated in a stylish way and every afternoon when we returned from the beach or our “daily adventure” we would find our room cleaned and a fresh carved fruit platter set out ready for us to enjoy. The only suggestion I would make is that little ice machines are placed in the villas as there is nothing better than enjoying ones favourite drink or sundowner from the mini bar with a couple of ice cubes.

The food was spectacular and compliments to all the chefs that have contributed in me gaining a couple of pounds whilst we where there:)
I can also recommend the duck liver pate (OUT OF THIS WORLD)

Having been to the Seychelles over 20 years ago I was pleased to see that it has not been built up with high rise hotels, the only thing that was a little distressing was the sea life that once existed all around Mahe although I can say the reef surrounding the Hilton Hotel is still full of sea life and it was wonderful having ones breakfast and watching all see activity from the Hill Top Restaurant.

Many thanks to everyone we will return:)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple