We have just returned from a truly amazing time at the Hilton Seychelles. The hotel was beautiful and blended into its natural surroundings perfectly.
We arrived very early on a Sunday morning and were greeted by three pleasant staff in the arrival pavilion. We were taken on a tour of the property and then to our villa for check-in. Our luggage was already in our villa and we were greeted with two perfectly chilled glasses of champagne at the door to our villa.
The villa was breathtaking in every sense of the word. Amazing views of the sea and complex, room amenities which even had an amazing coffee machine that served up cappuccinos, lattes, expressos to ristrettos right down to the surround sound music system.
We ate in all three restaurants. Breakfast in Hilltop had a very wide selection of choice but my favourite was the daily local speciality dish which is a must try. I ate a different dish every day including grilled chicken with mixed vegetable rice to fish curry. Every one as delicious as the next. Certainly made a change to bacon and eggs! The breakfast being made extra special by being washed down with a lovely chilled glass of champagne – all part of the buffet.
Hilltop Restaurant also does a varied buffet with a different theme every night. The best is the seafood buffet on the Friday night where they serve prawns the size of small plates, lobsters, scallops and a large array of different types of fish.
We also ate in the Ocean View Bar at lunchtime and it has a good and varied menu from the usual Hilton Classics to some local specialities and their delicious fish fingers are a must try and very addictive!
Best of all is Les Cocotiers, definitely fine dining at its best with the definition on ‘fine’! You can even discuss a personalised menu with Tim, the executive chef and Pamela, the F&B manager, which we did and it exceeded all our expectations. Nothing was a problem to them and they even made a different main course for each of us as I prefer seafood to meat. However, the a la carte menu in Les Cocotiers will leave you spoilt for choice anyway and it will be a tough decision deciding where to dine each night.
If cocktails are your thing then I would recommend asking the bar staff to make something ‘off menu’ as they come up with some really delicious cocktails but if you are ordering from the menu then I would recommend the Seychelles Sangria, it is a sharing cocktail for two and is served in a beautiful shell. It’s a ‘must-try’! You will not be disappointed!
The service was excellent in every area and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and in the restaurants they always told us that if we didn’t see anything we liked that they would be happy to make us anything we wanted.
There was also a strong management presence all day and they made it a point to speak to as many guests as possible and get to know them individually and took an interest in how we were spending our time on the island, what we had planned and even making little suggestions for us to get more out of our time on the island which I found very helpful.
We also had a couple of Spa treatments while we were there and my advice is to book all your treatments as soon as you arrive as I wanted to book a few more treatments but unfortunately they were already fully booked towards the end of our stay. Perhaps it might have been the fact that the hotel was fully booked and therefore more people requiring the use of the Spa.
A treatment here is also another ‘must-try’ as it is purely indulgent with the sound of soothing waves lapping beneath you as you get your massage and not to give any surprises away but their before and after hospitality in the Spa is a treat.
Overall, I would say that if you want a holiday in the lap of luxury, pampered thoroughly with your every whim catered for then you have to go to the Hilton Seychelles. It is definitely something that has to be experienced for yourself as words really can’t do the place and the service justice. I certainly plan on returning – soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched paradise along the Indian Ocean Your Creole getaway awaits at this hidden treasure - also an inspiration to James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Surrounded by white-sand beaches, tropical gardens and crystal waters, the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa is a true escape. Our villas are perched on stilts, providing gorgeous views and plenty of privacy. An infinity pool, oceanfront dining, a luxurious spa, glass-bottom boat tours - it's just the beginning of your retreat in Beau Vallon Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Hotel Glacis
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort And Spa
- Hilton Glacis
- Glacis Hilton
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa Mahe Island