“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We honeymooned in the Seychelles December 2012 but had originaly booked at Bird Island. We had an unfortunate experience there with mice in the bed and unhelpful staff not to mention bad service. So when our agents moved us we were in two minds what to expect.

From the moment we arrived at the Hilton Seychelles (we stayed for 8 nights), it was like heaven on earth. Everything was 5* and beyond. The staff were so helpful, welcoming and nothing was too much for them, fantastic service, the food was so tasty (the chef even cooked us a fish we had caught when we went deep sea fishing!) and the accommodation was perfect. It really made our honeymoon. Such a contrast to the reception we had experienced at Bird Island.

We could heartily recommend the Hilton mainly for people who like a small personal place (it only has 24 lodges), no children, conveniently located for the capital Victoria, fantastic Bali spa location (right on the rocks) and a peacefull atmosphere 24 hours a day. One of the gardeners cut us coconuts on a daily basis so we could drink the milk - nothing was too much trouble for them. They all made us feel so welcome. We were very pleased to have had a good experience in the end on the Seychelles. Well done everyone! And thank you for making our honeymoon so beautiful.

Room Tip: I believe they are going to build more lodges so check before you book.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Property1958
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your honeymoon vacation experience, the service of our team members, the villas and the personal touches.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is a dream coming through and absolutely next time I will stay here again.
Staff is friendly and caring.
Food is very good and from the restaurant the views are super.
The bedrooms are very good and have the perfect view what you expect from the Seychelles

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with wonderful memories.

I was extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience and you would consider returning. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed for a week over Christmas 2012. We loved it. Everything about the hotel is excellent and cannot fault anything.We would definitely go again. The villas are delightfiul and my wife thinks that the bathroom is the best she has ever experienced. The food is brilliant and the Christmas Eve dinner that we had was so good we were moved to compliment the chef in person. If you have the money (as it is not cheap) go there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ROGER W
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

I was delighted to learn that you were pleased with your overall vacation experience, the villa and your Christmas Eve experience and you would consider returning. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in November and had a wonderful experience.
Villas are terrific, with a balcony and a stunning view, the staff is kind and professional and there are good facilites such as spa, fitness room, etc. This is the ideal place for a romantic week!
We were really disappointed by the restaurant and the lack of quality: poor selection of fruits (bananas available upon request!!!), Mediterranean buffet on Monday is terrible, Thai buffet is average ...forget about coffee and cappuccino!
More attention to details should be paid: Masala tea served in Nespresso cups, low quality cutlery.
By the way, dress code in the restaurant is not respected by every guest ...

3  Thank grazia_bxl
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us in November at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.
I hope that were able to return home with many happy memories of the Seychelles.

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the overall services provided by the team and with your overall experience.

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the restaurant service did not meet with your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, I do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service, and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent one week here and enjoyed our Bungalow very much. We were pleasantly surprised since we didn't pay for the "ocean views". Well, it is true, from our balcony, we couldn't touch the water, but, the views of the inlet were amazing and the solitude were wonderful.

Their spa was very nice, the front desk staff was also very warm and inviting.

Room Tip: We loved our room up on the hillside, near the trees but with grand views of the water, we were happ...
2  Thank Karen A
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This resort is for you if:
You want to be surrounded by the sea 24/7.
Like to be awakened by the sound of the waves
Enjoy a lush environment and beautiful scenic views
Want to be away from city noises.

This resort is not for you if:
You are on a budget
Want to be within walking distance of sites, shopping, and restaurants.
You have trouble get into “chill out mode”
You want to bring your young children.

We are world travelers, have had the privilege of staying at some of the world's best hotels and I must say that the Northolme ranks right up their with the best of the best. Five November nights turned into six because we just didn't want to leave. Had a private oceanfront villa, breathtaking views, small secluded beach area just below our villa. The rooms were beautiful and clean with a huge bathroom larger than some Asian hotel rooms. The snorkeling at the hotel was almost as good as the marine parks with clear water and abundant sea life. The resort was 5 stars, yes no wireless in the rooms but hopefully this will be resolved in 2013. Staff attentive, personalized, and friendly, went out of their way to assist with last minute requests. The breakfast buffet rivals the Kowloon (Hong Kong) Intercontinental and was excellent. In fact we "enjoyed" it so much so that we never needed to eat lunch. Food was great at all the restaurants but our favorite was casual dining at the Oceanview Bar and Restaurant, listening to the surf break while a refreshing sea breeze cooled the night. Our waiters knew our favorite dishes and were attentive but didn't hover. The only need to leave the hotel is for excursions. We will definitely return if we have the opportunity.

See the video of our amazing vacation at http://vimeo.com/56426117

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Hilton Seychelles Northholme is an exquisite hotel, offering the perfect mix of efficient and friendly service in a spectacular natural setting. The quality of the food in the restaurants is outstanding, and our experience in the spa was wonderful. I cannot wait to visit this resort again. If I have one criticism, it is one common to many hotels: weak and expensive internet access. When one is paying $400/night for a hotel room, it is outrageous to ask people to pay an additional $30/day for Internet access. Moreover, even at this high price, the Internet was slow.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.com.

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the Internet service did not meet with your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Banyan Tree Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Silhouette Island
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!