1,372 results
All reviewsocean viewhilltop restaurantbeau vallonour honeymoonles cocotiersinfinity poolhilton seychellesoceanfront villasmall beachsilhouette islandindian oceangrand oceanwonderful hotelhead chefbuffet restaurantcoffee machinethe hotel offers
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wow. Just returned from two weeks at the Hilton Northolme and it was divine. First, the hotel facility itself is fantastic. The villas are extremely high end and the views are spectacular. The beaches at the hotel are good for sunning and a bit of swimming, with a nice (if small) pool. It's the island's best location, with Beau Vallon beach nearby (don't miss Wednesday nights and weekends there, with lots of vendors and local crowds), and many great restaurants nearby. I strongly recommend you rent a car so you can easily explore the island and get to the beaches and resturants easily. Daily breakfast was a very good buffet, though otherwise we generally ate at other restaurants away from the hotel for lunch and dinner. When we did eat there it was good (though priced as hotel restaurants are).

The staff was really impressive. First, our bags didn't make it until two days after we arrived, and Hubert was extremely helpful getting us what we needed to make it for a couple days. Second, the staff was attentive again and again. For instance, one night we asked the front desk for some silverware to use on the fruit we bought at the market (they sent it up via room service for free); the next day, the same staff member saw us and asked how the fruit was. For our anniversary the hotel sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. Little things like this happened again and again, reminding me of my favorite prior resort experience, the Four Seasons Bali at Sayan, another exceptional resort.

We were so sad to leave, and this resort is really something special. Having traveled extensively and stayed at resorts throughout the world, I think it's a truly elite resort and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from it all in paradise.

Room Tip: The top-level villas on the hill are better than the bottom-level villas on the hill.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IfTheFancyPantsFit
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, your villa, the beach and the service of our team members.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed for a week in December and had a wonderful stay. This is the perfect retreat, a great balance of luxury and going back to nature. The hotel is on the best part of the island in my opinion, lots of good restaurants near by in Beau Vallon and if you have a car (which I recommend) you can easily explore the island. The rooms are beautiful, we were next to the welcome lodge which can be a bit noisy but we live in a city so this was not a problem for us, if you like silence at night perhaps ask for another room. The food was good at all the restaurants, Jason the Chef was often about to talk to us about local ingredients. The hotel prices are what you expect from a 5* resort, there is a small shop 5 mins walk away which sells beer and wine etc so that helps, also the bar has a great happy hour. There are no children under 13 so this adds to the peacefulness of the resort and there are not that many rooms so you have plenty of privacy, even though they are two storey villas we never saw or heard from downstairs. Restaurants to try near by are the Black Pearl and The Boat House, both very good and affordable. The pool is beautiful and the staff very helpful bring drinks and snacks etc. I cannot tell you how much I adored this hotel, I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and Northolme is top of my list.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the welcome lodge, also be aware that the wildlife is quite noise at night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fuzzo68
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience; the villas, our restaurant, and be assured that all your positive feedback is shared and discussed with my team.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well yep the villas are 1 up one down, yep the beach isn't massive but its a very good location and lovely view of setting sun. the Villas are excellent in fact I think it was one of the best I have been in. I do not like the fact as a captive audience paying massively over the odds for water and internet - I had a VOS in Dubai Fairmount for under 1/2 what Seychelles litre cost.... when will hilton realise its damaging its reputation on this issue. Staff lovely and resort clean and well kept, Massage was good, if a little overpriced again - I spend a lot on a 5* and don't appreciate getting humped at every corner possible when there, if you think I am over reacting - its just annoys....
Buffets were excellent and again staff brilliant. Restaurant for breaky was lovely and even over prosecco, although I was not game at 0730!

All in all I am glad we went there, it was lovely and all in all 4/5 is my score..

Room Tip: The Ocean villas are 1 to a block, the standard villas are not - pay the money get the better ones...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave F
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spend your money elsewhere. Here is the review i left the hotel:
I booked a villa and was supprised that it was not an individual villa but rather a two unit structure. this invaded privacy and made both parties uncomfortable. When you book a villa, you expect a free standing structure without neighbors above or below...this is not the case so beware. The A/C was not powerful enough and I was uncomfortably hot in the room. Early morning traffic and cleaning staff woke me up every morning. The sweeping of the grounds was exceedingly loud. There was no wireless connectivity in the rooms which is ridiculous for 2012. All of my devices are wireless and i had to pay a hefty price to use the weak wireless in the uncomfortable lobby. The wireless did not even extend to the nearbye pool or restaurant areas, and i had to pay double to connect two of devices. This is really unheard of. I started going to Le Meridien to eat meals and utilize their wireless. The restaurants were poor quality. I swear the coffee was of the instant variety. This is not what you expect from a 5 star resort. Dinner portions from the 'live station' were ridiculous. I was offered a quarter of a chicken breast at a time. Just ridiculous. Soft drinks are not even included in the buffet price. I ordered blended drinks one evening and the blender was broken. In a tropical resort?! No blended beverages? Was offered a bottle of water instead...wow. Absurd. The portions at lunch were also laughable. In room dining took three trips to get the order correct. I asked to have the in room safe fixed three times, and no one ever came. I asked to check out early and no one ever addressed the request. I tried to use the 'complimentary' massage offer, but there was never a slot available...surprise surprise. I tried to change money at the hotel desk but were limited to $100 a day. That is not even enough to cover a meal bill at the restaurant on premises. Housekeeping often opened the door on me while I was in the room. All in all, I was very dissatisfied with the level of service at this supposed five star resort.

Room Tip: dont be fooled, these are not villas but duplexes.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank alwayscarryon
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction with your experience, the villa, the Internet service did not meet with your expectations, and the service and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you.
Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service, and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

All villas have great views, spacious rooms, excellent furnishings, comfortable bed, large bathroom, proper coffee machine, great terrace with garden furniture.
The pool area is on split levels and there is a beach area too, so you only have a few people in each area, which allows you plenty of space and quiet.
The Staff are very helpful and the food is very good. The dining is themed each evening, so it is worth finding out what is being served and also going to see the buffet, before buying the dinner voucher, as sometimes you can be better off with the al-a-carte restaurant.

Room Tip: I had the hillside villa, while it was not positioned on the beachfront, it still had a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

With best regards,