“Lovely hotel for a short stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Scotland
“Lovely hotel for a short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I spent five lovely days in Hilton Northolme and had very little to complain about as everything mostly comes up to a very high standard. We had our stay in an ocean view room which was a perfect way to relax with absolutely wonderful views and all the requirements of any five star hotel. The staff go out of their way to ensure that all you can wish for is available and are constantly trying to help you to achieve the best holiday you can. The food in the buffet restaurant is more than acceptable but if you dine in Le Cocottiers you will be treated to a very high quality menu,service and food cooked to perfection. It is obvious to see why this restaurant has won awards over the past few years. The island itself is extremely beautiful with the best beach just around the corner at Beau Vallon , where we had a few lovely afternoons. If we were returning to the Seychelles we would certainly consider a return to HIlton Northolme but one thing I would think they should really consider which leaves them away behind the times is that Wi FI is generally free in 95% of all major hotels around the world and in my opinion they should follow suit . It may seem a trivial matter but it just seems to be a money making exercise instead of giving the guests what they would normally expect from even lower quality hotels worldwide. All in all the standards are very high and the hotel is extremely beautiful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, the resort the service of our staff and Les Cocotiers restaurant.

Rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in an Ocean View Villa. They upgraded us to a Garden view villa with private pool at Hilton Labriz for 3rd night and then back for last night in the Ian Fleming suite.

The Ocean view villa itself was amazing. Huge bed - huge bathroom with whirlpool bath!

The Ian Fleming suite is same as Ocean view villa except:
1. It has a round bed.
2. Metal flip on/off switches
3. Fancy mirrors and lights
4. Fancy coffee table
5. Ian Fleming dvd collection

The best part about this hotel was the service. It was so personal and friendly. We felt at home!

The food - breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed all 3 days. the food at ocean bar was great too. Dinner - seafood buffet at Hilltop rest. was average.

The spa was excellent as well. The Indonesian therapist was very friendly and professional.

We felt that two things can be improved:

1. Better a/c in the rooms
2. Bigger in villa dining menu. It was a small choice.

Thank you for making us feel at home Hilton

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CD_DXB
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

I was very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, the ocean view villa and especially the service.
Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Thank you for your comments in regards to the air-condition in the villas and the in villa dining menu. Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Yours sincerely,

Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The husband and I celebrated my birthday there. The hotel staff made our stay memorable highlighted by a happy birthday greeting on the bed, a song and a birthday cake after our al fresco dinner at Les Cocotiers. It was really sweet. Tranquil. Romantic. Lots of privacy incorporated in a well thought of design and layout of the suites. Beautiful beach view and a possibility for a private candle lit dinner at the balcony. I can stay in the sun loungers and day bed reading all day over a cup of coffee. No children, perfect for honeymooners and couples seeking some alone time. A selection of activities are available from learning how to bake cookie to organized hiking to Anse Major. There's a nice snorkeling site at the private beach and a very short drive to the beautiful Beau Vallon beach. In case you'd like to view photos of the Oceanview hillside villa visit---http://www.designgourmande.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-room-with-view.html#more

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelGourmande
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience for your birthday, our team members, and the villas. Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Horndean
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is really good from the point of view of service and amenities. The villas are well equipped and very roomy, including a good sized balcony. The food in the main restaurant (Hilltop) is fresh and well prepared if a little unadventurous. The idea being that each eveing has a theme e.g. Mediterranean, Thai and so on. One amusing anomaly was that Irish Lamb Stew was included on the Mediterranean evening. There were one or two other errors when delivering food or drink to the table but nothing that really deserves criticism. The staff within all areas of the hotel were always friendly and looking to ensure that the stay would be pleasant. I was less impressed with the other main restauramt "Les Cocotier" which, in my opinion is seriously overpriced and, on the night we attended, seriously short of diners which, I guess, is due to the prices.
The other "but" was on the last day where we had to leave the hotel at 4.00 a.m. to take the transfer bus to the airport for an early return flight. Not only was the early call overlooked, there was no drink or light food. I was advised that housekeeping do not start until 5.00 p.m. so nothing could be served before that time. Surely it is not beyond the hotel's capability to supply some fruit juice, coffee and rolls by leaving these in a suitable location at Reception?
Overall a good hotel with excellent staff but failling by not observing the finer details.

Room Tip: There are quite a few steps to some of the villas and the steps are not terribly well lit in the eve...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ted H
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate your comments and we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to read that you were content with the service and amenities, your villa, food in the main restaurant and especially the friendliness of the team.
Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team

I have well noticed your feedback on the "Les Cocotiers" restaurant and the services on your last day.
Kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your valuable comments have been well noted.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on on our honeymoon for 4 nights after doing a 9 day safari in Africa. It was exactly what we needed - a very tranquil, quiet and relaxing vacation. The property caters to adults only. We were upgraded to an ocean villa, which was incredible. We heard the waves crashing every night and had an amazing view. There's a jacuzzi for 2 that looks out to the ocean, which added a romantic touch. The private decks on each villa have ample seating and lounges, with lots of privacy. The room was well sized and had all the amenities one could need. The sinks are too small though, so water splashes out - not the smartest design. Bath products are top notch.

All of the staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating.The chef even came out to speak with us one night and made us a custom meal. We didn't opt for any of the buffets since we're picky eaters, but all of the meals we had in the Ocean View Lounge were excellent, especially the soups. The food is extremely expensive, but that's to be expected given the location. The complimentary champagne at check in and during the breakfast buffet (which is excellent) was also appreciated.

There was live music one evening in the bar - the musicans were VERY talented, I can't say enough about how incredible they were. The hotel has a very small private beach and cove that you can swim and snorkel in. We also went out in a kayack, which was fun. The infinity pool isn't heated and was quite cold, but offers amazing views of the ocean. There's a larger beach you can walk to in 20 mins if you want to swim or lay out.

The hotel has Mason Tours come in, which can help book tours of Mahe and surrounding islands. We opted for a day tour to two other islands - which we regretted after we went. It was insanely expensive and we thought it was a private boat with other guests, but we ended up on public ferries. It was a really long day when we would have rathered stayed on the property and relaxed. In retrospect, I wouldn't have done this as our stay was so short. But if you are there for longer, then it might be worth it. The other islands are truly beautiful and we visited a world heritage site as well.

The only negative experience I can comment on was the invasion of a colony of red ants on the deck the first night. I had to call the front desk twice (they can be slow to respond and aren't very helpful with qsts.. better to ask in person) and two girls came to spray the deck. The ants disappeared as fast as they came, but as someone that is terrified of insects, this wasn't the best start to the vacation. I never saw another one our entire stay and there were no bugs inside the villas. Not something to worry about (apparently they came out after it rained), but look out for them if you're on the deck.

The hotel also offered a cookie baking class for free, which was something entertaining to do in the afternoon. The class is actually to watch one of their chefs prepare batter (you can eat fresh cookies after), which was good to learn, but I was expecting to make it myself. The hotel should consider allowing guests to actually cook in the cooking class.

We opted to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and back, which was very smooth and cost effective at 600 Shillings per way.

Overall, we had a lovely stay and would absolutely return again. One of the biggest charms to this property is that it's the smallest Hilton in the world. We heard rumors of expansion - which I would be very much against. There are plenty of other properties that cater to mass tourism on the island, and this one should maintain the intimate environment that truly separates itself from the other hotels. You won't be disappointed if you stay here!

Room Tip: All of the villas are exactly the same on the inside, so you can't really go wrong, but the ocea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay for your honeymoon you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

I was very pleased to read that you were content with the sea view from your villa, the friendliness of the hotel team, the food at the restaurant and the entertainment.

I have well noticed your feedback on the pool facility, the cookie class as well as the comments about the ants, kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your valuable comments have been well noted.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at the hilton for 3 nights and its perfect for couples , the beach villa has a beatiful view and the hotel staff greets you all the time .
food is very good but prices little high / the gym has an amazing sea view.
i got a 30 minuts massag at the spa and it was excellent .
the beach is very small but you always can go to the Beau Vallon beach which is 10 minuts of walking .

this hotel is highly recommended :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to read that you were happy with the sea view from your villa and gym, the friendliness of the hotel team, the food at the restaurant and the massage.

I have well noticed your feedback on the food prices and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your valuable comments have been shared with my team.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband was here on business and I tagged along one week later. Sooooo relaxing, private, and lovely. I could not leave and stayed a total of two and a half weeks. The food was superb and the service was impeccable. The entire staff could not have been more friendly and polite as well as professional! No one can possibly be disappointed in this resort! We will definitely be returning to this resort. And the spa is fab!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wacki82
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We were extremely happy to read that you were pleased with the whole experience; from the friendliness of the team, the service, the food and the spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our lovely Resort and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future enquiries.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 36 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,290 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!