This review is long overdue. My husband and I selected the Hilton Seychelles to be our wedding and honeymoon destination on the 2nd of December 2008. The hotel staff were accommodating in every way. We truly had the wedding of our dreams!!
The hotel is by far the best I have ever stayed at, we had our own butler, who was fantastic. There were thrice daily treats left for us in our rooms, every time we went out, even if just for lunch, on our return there would be fresh fruits or pina coladas or something delicious. The resort itself is phenomenal. Everything we wanted from an island destination. The food was among the best we have ever eaten! Expensive albeit.
I can personally recommend room 104 if booking the ocean front villas! Nice private balcony and the placement was great!!
The only down side some people might say is the lack of a "real beach" there is a small place that is of course, stunning, however in the busy seasons I imagine this would be really full.
We are not the sort to lie in the sun for hours so for us, it was not a huge loss at all.
I can also highly recommend renting a car for the day, which the reception can assist with. That was loads of fun, the roads are somewhat nightmarish coming from a big city, I could barely call those "paths" we were on roads, but of course, true to the island style. All I can say is make sure you have a car with a petrol gauge that works and fill up before you leave... we found only one station on the entire island that had petrol, and by that stage we were running on miracles, never mind fumes :-)
One last hint... use the spa, we (as the honeymoon couple) were treated to, over and above sooo many other treats) a synchronized Thai Couples Massage at the Duniye Spa. It was an experience like none other. I will not give away too many of the secrets though.
Over all, a 5/5 for this hotel, my husband and I have been pining to go back... we will get there one day! Go discover it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched paradise along the Indian Ocean Your Creole getaway awaits at this hidden treasure - also an inspiration to James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Surrounded by white-sand beaches, tropical gardens and crystal waters, the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa is a true escape. Our villas are perched on stilts, providing gorgeous views and plenty of privacy. An infinity pool, oceanfront dining, a luxurious spa, glass-bottom boat tours - it's just the beginning of your retreat in Beau Vallon Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Hotel Glacis
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort And Spa
- Hilton Glacis
- Glacis Hilton
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa Mahe Island