1,371 results
All reviewsocean viewhilltop restaurantbeau vallonour honeymoonles cocotiersinfinity poolhilton seychellesoceanfront villasmall beachsilhouette islandindian oceangrand oceanwonderful hotelhead chefbuffet restaurantcoffee machinethe hotel offers
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The hotel complex consists of small, wooden houses surrounded by lots of palm trees and various local plants, which offers enough privacy for guests and fits perfectly with the environment. On our arrival we were welcomed with a fresh squeezed juice and were pleasantly surprised when the room was shown to us – spacious, with a large bathroom (including Jacuzzi) and a large balcony with different types of seats/beds. The room had a nice and cosy wooden interior, complimented by various colourful elements.

The staff was unobtrusive, chatty, smiley, and always willing to help.

We had “room only” but we tried all three restaurants the hotel has.
The best was the Ocean View Bar, which had a good selection of meals and delicious cocktails. The cocktails, however, were a bit pricy (easily excessing London prices), and the bartenders were a bit stingy on alcohol. We also tried the a la carte restaurant, which was good too, but the selection of entrees is rather limited. Probably the weakest restaurant was the Hilltop, which offers an evening buffet. We hit upon Mexican buffet and it was rather miss than a hit – plain flavours, rough meat.

Negatives:
First, the hotel doesn’t have a proper beach. You can access the ocean from two cca 20 m long strips of sand and stones, which disappear during high tide. If you want to go to the proper beach, you have to either go to the nearest one, Beau Vallon (20 min walk), which in my opinion is not that great or hire a car, and go to the southeast.

Second, the room had a “blowing” air-conditioner, which I can’t stand and immediately get sick.

Third, internet is too expensive and with the code purchased at the front desk we were able to login only after 3 days of attempts. It’s the 21st century, please do something about that.

Despite the above negatives I still give this resort a 5 “dots” since the negatives were completely overweighed by all other things. I would happily come back and recommend this Hilton resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lussienka
Reviewed February 16, 2012

A great introduction to our time in the Seychelles. It's not shiny new or polished to perfection, but I felt very comfortable here and would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goon72
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were pleased to read that you’ve had a comfortable stay with us and we are very grateful that you would consider recommending us to friends or family.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming back to our lovely resort and please do not hesitate to contact directly for any future enquiries.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed at the Northolme Hilton for the second week of a two weeks holiday on the Seychelles in December.
The setting of the Hotel is spectacular against a backdrop of dramatic mountains with dense vegetation. We had a bungalow to ourselves right on top of the waves with a huge and secluded terrasse with sunbeds, tables, chairs and very comfortable lounger. The bathroom was very stylish and also opened to the terrace and ocean. Everything was really spacious, new and stylish.
There is a nice pool, but swimming in the sea was a bit of the problem because of the strong currents and waves and many big stones.
The dining we found a bit of a problem. We could choose between a very expensive gourmet restaurant and the main restaurant that only had a buffet. The food in the gourmet one was not quite up to our expectations and too much decoration and fancy crockery in my opinion. Most evenings we ended up sitting outside the bar, sipping cocktails from devices that looked like flower vases and just ate some salads and small things.
The spa is very nice though, it sits right on top of the waves and they do great massages.

Room Tip: The sea side bungalows are definitely worth the extra money simply for better location and more privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TheodorWiesbaden

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the resort’s location, the ocean view from your villa, the massage at the Spa and your overall accommodation.

I was really concerned to read that your dining experience did not meet with your expectation and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback has been greatly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Our stay here didnt start off that well when we were kept waiting in reception for about an hour. After the second glass of champagne and cold towels I began to smell a rat! There was a problem with our room, never did find out what it was but it was about 6pm before we get into it to unpack. We did get a complimentary lunch but I would rather have got settled into the room earlier.
We the had a slightly Fawlty Towers moment when I found the room phone didnt work. I rang reception on my mobile to tell them. Two different people came to the room about twenty minutes apart, picked the phone up, rang a number and said, ''Its not working''.
That aside the food was really good, The rooms were fantastic and the staff were very nice.
Some really nice touches in the rooms but I wont spoil the suprise.
Fantastic views.
After the initial hiccups we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We had one at the top of the hillside. Beware if you have any mobility issues, its quite a way up.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank terry2883
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I was very pleased to read that you’ve had a wonderful trip in the Seychelles and in our Resort and we hope that you have returned home with many wonderful memories.

I was really concerned to read about your comments that you had to wait for an hour to get your villa and the phone in was not working. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused you during your arrival experience with us.

On a positive note, I was very happy to read that you’ve had otherwise an enjoyable stay with us. You were pleased with the food, the villa and the special touches, the friendliness of the team and the fantastic view of the ocean.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback has been shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future enquiries.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We ended a wonderful 16 day trip to the Seychelles with 3 nights at Northholme Resort & Spa.
I'll keep this short.
Fabulous accomodation, service and food (had evening meal in the bar).
I would highly recommend staying here and you can secure reasonable rates via the Hilton website.
Btw the rooms are huge as are the bathrooms.
One major plus - no children allowed !!!! AWESOME

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Russpm
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

All your kind and valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated and I have taken the liberty of sharing with the whole team.

We thank you once more for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

With best regards,