1,372 results
All reviewsocean viewhilltop restaurantbeau vallonour honeymoonles cocotiersinfinity poolhilton seychellesoceanfront villasmall beachsilhouette islandindian oceangrand oceanwonderful hotelhead chefbuffet restaurantcoffee machinethe hotel offers
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Our stay here didnt start off that well when we were kept waiting in reception for about an hour. After the second glass of champagne and cold towels I began to smell a rat! There was a problem with our room, never did find out what it was but it was about 6pm before we get into it to unpack. We did get a complimentary lunch but I would rather have got settled into the room earlier.
We the had a slightly Fawlty Towers moment when I found the room phone didnt work. I rang reception on my mobile to tell them. Two different people came to the room about twenty minutes apart, picked the phone up, rang a number and said, ''Its not working''.
That aside the food was really good, The rooms were fantastic and the staff were very nice.
Some really nice touches in the rooms but I wont spoil the suprise.
Fantastic views.
After the initial hiccups we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We had one at the top of the hillside. Beware if you have any mobility issues, its quite a way up.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank terry2883
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I was very pleased to read that you’ve had a wonderful trip in the Seychelles and in our Resort and we hope that you have returned home with many wonderful memories.

I was really concerned to read about your comments that you had to wait for an hour to get your villa and the phone in was not working. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused you during your arrival experience with us.

On a positive note, I was very happy to read that you’ve had otherwise an enjoyable stay with us. You were pleased with the food, the villa and the special touches, the friendliness of the team and the fantastic view of the ocean.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback has been shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future enquiries.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We ended a wonderful 16 day trip to the Seychelles with 3 nights at Northholme Resort & Spa.
I'll keep this short.
Fabulous accomodation, service and food (had evening meal in the bar).
I would highly recommend staying here and you can secure reasonable rates via the Hilton website.
Btw the rooms are huge as are the bathrooms.
One major plus - no children allowed !!!! AWESOME

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Russpm
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

All your kind and valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated and I have taken the liberty of sharing with the whole team.

We thank you once more for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We spent one night at the Northolme Resort and were very disappointed after all the hype about the place.
Like one of the other reviewers we arrived early, but we had just spent 7 nights on Labriz who had been in contact with Northolme regarding our transfer so they knew that we would be arriving from their sister resort earlier than the 2pm check in time, bearing in mind also that many of the flights into the Seychelles land early morning an early guest is not a rare event but a regular one I would have thought? At this point in the review I will mention that we are loyal Hilton customers, we like Hilton, their quality of staff, accomodation, food and general hospitality is on the whole very good and in many cases excellent, in fact we like them so much we are HiIton Diamond VIP Status holders, we did not mention this ourselves but the reception staff would have been able to see this from our booking; however, we were treated not as loyal Hilton customers but as 2 people who had just turned up at the gate expecting a room for the night!
On our arrival the staff did not seem overly competent at check in, with 3 of them attempting to view our booking and having great fun chatting amongst themselves as if we weren't there! Despite a number of emails between us and the resort prior to our stay they seemed to have no idea of our requirement for a very early morning taxi to the airport the following morning or our restaurant booking for that evening, so we went through all the details again with them hoping that this time the necessary reservations were made!
We were told that our room was not ready, fair enough check-in is 2pm but we were told that we could make use of all the facilities..... how with no where to change, and our cases being held at reception ready for our room etc?? We were then shown through to "The Library" and just left, we asked if we could make use of the free wi-fi service but were told that was not possible as we had no room to verify our details to, but they knew which room we were going to be put in as it wasn't ready for our occupation so surely this small problem could have been solved given that we had a 4 and a half hour wait for our room to be cleaned? There was also no offer of drinks, food or any thing else. We were eventually approached at 2:30pm to be told our room was ready having been there since 10 am.
To be fair the room itself was very clean with all the amenities you would expect from a resort of this level, however the outside balcony was dirty, the side blinds providing privacy from the other rooms was tatty and broken and the view over the balcony was of scruffy, unkept undergrowth obviously a forgotten area as the rest of the grounds were beautiful.
And so to dinner!!!! We arrived at the restaurant, who did not appear to have our reservation they began to question when the booking was made, was it confirmed etc. just at that point the chef appeared from the kitchen as we were explaining that we always book ahead because I am allergic to shellfish, the Chef overheard this and said "Don't worry I know all about it, I have made sure there are items from the menu that are suitable for you" he confirmed that he had been given notice of our booking over 7 days prior to our visit so how come the restaurant and the reception had no knowledge of it??
The Chef was true to his word, in the end he made all my menu choices for me which I was more than happy with in fact the food was superb. The service from the waiting staff, once we had been seated, was excellent.
The lack of communication and organisation appears to be a management issue and not what I would have expected from a resort of this calibre.
Would I return? No! Northolme in my opinion is not value for money even in the environment of the Seychelles.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Northolme go instead to Hilton's sister Resort in the Seychelles on Silhoutte Island, much better value for money, ambience, scenery and welcome!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DerbyshireGee
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the professionalism and friendliness of the Restaurant staff at dinner.

We have well noticed your experience concerning the fishing trip and please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused. As the fishing company is a third party the hotel is not liable for the behaviour or attitude, however we are pleased to advise you that we have stopped working with this company and your valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here only one night but we would have liked to stay longer. We had excellent service and the room was spectacular. All rooms are great but if you can get one with the beachfront view that is best. The property has snorkeling equipment and kayaks that appear to be first come first serve. there was a beach! But we arrived after the tide came in so it was difficult to see how large the beach was. Lastly the location is good but will still have to take a short taxi ride if dining off the property.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Jamumn1
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very pleased to read that the services provided was excellent during your stay and your villa was spectacular.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Resort or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

We remain at your disposal for any future enquiries.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We arrived at the Hilton in the morning around half nine from an overnight flight from south Africa .our agent never told us check in is only at two pm so we had to wait a long time before being shown our room and that was unpleasant considering we where tired and desperately needed a bath.once settled the hotel was excellent,our room was great and the service was very good.we would get treats in our room every morning and evening and our room was cleaned twice a day if not more coz we would always find it clean.the food was good although lunch in the bar could have been better.the downs of our trip I would say was not the hotel but just Seychelles itself.the location is so expensive I mean from food to wine to taxis and even the excursions it's just too expensive.the prices r ten tyms more than Wat you pay in Mauritius .also it was raining almost every day I didn't know December was their rainy season so we couldn't do much and when it wasn't raining it was so hot and humid.the spa was great although expensive.we stayed at the deluxe ocean front rooms and I would recommend them there's nothing like the sound of the ocean on your balcony each time and the hotel has a private beach wer you can snorkel etc.overrally the hotel is great for a couple it's romantic and you get a lot of quite tym to bond and relax.i would definately go back to the Hilton but I have no desire to go back to Seychelles.its just an overpriced island with not much to offer.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Carolmm1

Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to read that you were happy with your Deluxe Oceanfront villa and its location, the services provided was good, the spa service and the hotel in general was excellent.

We have well taken note concerning the lunch at the bar could have been better and your Agent did not advise you of our check-in time and we would like to sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.