“Absolutely fabulous”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Mumbai
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Went there for my honeymoon and stayed in the ocean villa. Its one of the best hotel rooms I have stayed in. Awesome size, great jacuzzi bath tuba nd fantastic views of the ocean. If you have a car (which you should rent at Mahe), the hotel is 10 mins drive from beau vallon. The pool is nice and the spa is fantastic. There were some 'service' issues in the restaurant but otherwise the hotel was so fabulous that we dodnt mind minor issues.

Room Tip: Ocean view villas are worth every penny
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank npraikar
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with your Villa; from the size, the bathroom and the view of the Ocean and the pool facility.

We have well noticed your comments about the services at the Restaurant and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa in the near future.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights as part of a larger trip across Southern Africa.

We arrived at the SEZ airport and caught a taxi for 500 SCR, arriving at the hotel around 9pm and the check-in villa was deserted. The security guy called down to the front-desk and someone sauntered up, about 5 minutes later, seemingly inconvenienced. No welcome drink or anything offered. Check-in was very business like and not the customary resort greeting.

First villa smelled like the Marlboro man had just checked-out. My wife and I both have asthma and staying in that room, in addition to smelling terrible, would have caused us to be very uncomfortable. The reception person agreed that the smell of smoke was very profound especially considering it was a non-smoking room and came back to tell us she was able to get us a new villa, but just for the night. So, they moved us.

By the time we got everything situated it was about 10:30p and we were very hungry as we hadn't eaten supper. Unfortunately the kitchen closes at 10p and it took a bit of effort to get the kitchen to agree to make us a Club Sandwich.

The next day we were moved to a new villa, right next to the reception area. Probably the worst villa on the property from a noise perspective. Every morning at 6am the tour vans idle right outside this room. Really disappointed with that and I don't understand why they insisted on moving us again to this villa.

In all three of the villas we saw the inside of while they looked clean at first pass, they really weren't. I don't think the villa we stayed in for the last 6 days had seen a mop in months. I walked out of the shower one day and stepped on the floor and then onto a bath mat. You could see a perfect black print of my foot on the towel (reference provided photo). That's how dirty the floors were. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said they'd send someone to clean our floors and someone came up and swept (which isn't what we were asking for). We showed the housekeeping person how dirty the floor was using the water and towel method and she shrugged.

Also had trouble with our keys continually becoming decoded. For the first four days we'd have to get our key recoded 3x / day. I finally told them to either fix the lock or station someone with a key coder outside our villa because I was done wasting 10 minutes every time we wanted to get back into our room. They finally dispatched maintenance, who fixed it. Not sure why they couldn't have fixed it the other, no joke, dozen times we asked.

Despite all that service overall was actually pretty good. The food was just okay. Breakfast was pretty weak but wasn't bad. The dinner buffet was rather overpriced for what it was -- we went on the Indian night -- but we enjoyed the food. The "fine dining" restaurant was really disappointing from a food quality perspective. Service, however, was great. My wife had a 24 hour GI "issue" mid-stay and although we can't positively ID what caused this, given the state of the guestrooms, I'm not sure how clean the kitchens of the restaurants were.

Because of the location of the hotel they more or less have you captive for meals and it's surprising that they don't have more of a selection for on-property F+B options. We ate one night down in Beau Vallon, which was okay and another night at the Bliss Hotel / Lounge 8, which was a great experience.

The hotel gym was absolutely disgusting and the machines were pretty out-dated. I cleaned a mat before doing push-ups and was probably the first person to clean that mat in months. The floors, like the guest rooms, were also very dirty. I mentioned this to the front-desk and nothing was done about it. In the week we stayed I used the gym 6 times and it was never once cleaned (towels were refreshed though so they know it exists...).

The beaches are very small, but the location of the hotel on a little peninsula is very nice. Snorkeling on the house reef is pretty good, although there's a lot of dead reef. In our opinion, the reef did not compare, at all, with the house reef at the Conrad Maldives. House kayaks were nice and the house snorkeling equipment was in decent shape. Also took advantage of the house bicycles and cruised around Mahe for a day and stopped at a few beaches, which was nice (but hilly).

The Seychelles were nice and we're glad we made the trip, but not sure we'd return. It's a bit too far to travel from the U.S. for a beach location and although really beautiful, didn't compare with the Maldives (we did the day trip to La Digue and Praslin, which was nice). If we go back we'd do one of the Starwood properties that are a little better located, to give us more flexibility and probably stay on La Digue for a couple nights too. The day trip was too rushed.

I'm a Hilton HHonors Diamond member (I stay at at least 25 Hiltons a year) and for Diamond benefits we received breakfast and free internet (which was terribly slow). No better location for our villa. I think there was some welcome stuff we were supposed to get, but because of the room shuffles those never found our way to us.

At check-out they tried to charge us resort fees, which were included in our points rate. They manually adjusted it without issue, but keep an eye on your folio if you stay on points. It's aggravating to me when hotels try and pull that nonsense.

Overall the hotel was a decent value from a discounted points perspective. Is it worth the 300 Euro / night rate (which seems to be the cheapest rate they offer for their Hillside villas)? Absolutely not.

If they fixed their F+B options, completed a really deep cleaning, and compensated for their lack of on-property F+B selections (maybe offer some sort of Concierge service for restaurants) the property might be a destination worth recommending. As it is today, I'd suggest you look elsewhere if for no other reason than the cleanliness issues.

Feel free to ping me with any questions.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near reception / parking lot.
10 Thank Ipilly
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the room location, the overall cleanliness of the Villa, the fitness center condition, the value for price paid and the quietness of you villa did not meet with your expectations and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, I do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your valuable feedback and comments has been shared and discussed with my Management team to further improve on our services and facilities. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the property for a more enjoyable and comfortable experience.

Milano
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Just imagine the perfect holiday: it is there.
We spend 8 days at the Hilton and we also choose this as location for our wedding!!
Everything was super, the accommodations, the spa, all the services, food, cleanness, care for details….just a piece of paradise.
I am definitively sure this is one of the best hotel in Mahè.
A special thanks to all the kind people working in the hotel, we will never forget the moments we spend there.

3 Thank lalli77
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was extremely happy to read that you’ve had a wonderful experience during your with us; from the accommodation, the overall services and the team for making your holiday and wedding day a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise.

Leeds
Reviewed August 23, 2011

A lovely welcome when we arrived. We were at first disapointed to hear that we were not in an ocean view room but our room was higher up and had a fantastic uninterrupted view of the ocean! What an amazing room it was too: Very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was superb: massive shower, jacuzzi, separate toilet. Dressing gowns provided and fluffy towels. The balcony not only had a superb view but choices of comfortable seats. We did have to walk up many steps but it was worth it! The restaurant served breakfast (including champagne) and buffet dinner. As we'd had a lot of buffet dinners we booked ourselves into the a la carte for the first night. This is situated on a small balcony with only 5 tables overlooking the sea. Turned out we were the only one in there! Very romantic, very delicious dinner we had! The waiter even offered to go to our room to collect our camera! We were on half board and were refunded half the cost of the meal on our bill. The beach area is lovely, with great snorkelling along the rocks on the left hand side. You can borrow equipment for free if you don't have your own. The pool area is nice too, also overlooks the sea. No shade though, we asked for a parasol to be put up but were told it was too windy!

2 Thank Garforthsoulmates
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with your arrival experience, the space and services provided in your villa, the view of the ocean and you were very pleased with the dinner at our a la carte restaurant; Les Cocotiers.

I have well noticed your kind comments about your snorkeling experience in our bay and the pool area. With regards to the parasol, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenienced caused to you since you did not have any shade while utilizing our pool facilities.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 11, 2011

great location, very helpful and friendly staff, delightful rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

We were very happy to read that you were satisfied with the location of our Resort, the helpfulness and friendliness of the team and you were delighted with your villa during your stay with us.

Rest assured that all your valuable feedback has been shared with the team and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The Hilton Northlome Resort at Seychelles is a beautiful and serene place to stay. I and my very beautiful wife enjoyed our two days stay here. The lovely beaches were warm and welcoming. The pool here was also clear and beautiful. The staffs are great and the food was delicious. The freshly cooked variety of sea foods was simply mouthwatering. The ocean front villa where we stayed in provided a spectacular view of the splendid ocean. We had fun snorkeling at some wonderful locations. The views, the staffs, the cozy rooms, the cleanliness, the serenity, the beauty and the location make this resort the best place to spend one’s vacation at.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with the facilities at our Resort, the team, the sea food buffet and the view of the ocean from your villa were spectacular.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our stay was amazing!

We arrived very early in the morning and we arranged to get picked up by the Hilton people. When we arrive at the hotel, our room was not ready and the staff kindly invited us for breakfast. After this, our room was ready.

Rooms:
We booked a Ocean Front room and I must tell you they are amazing. Nice balcony with sun chairs, table and a sofa; great toilet facilities with a bath tub with a great bay view, nice large bed and small living room with a flat screen. They come to the room 2 times per day, one to clean another for preparing your bed for you to sleep. They left everyday a complementary typical sweet from the Seychelles and a small gift in our bed. Very thoughtful!

Hotel:
Very nice and small hotel, great (but small) beach, 5* SPA with 5* prices (they offered us a 1h couple massage), with 3 restaurants. Very friendly staff and all the hotel always very clean. The breakfast was included in our rate an it was really good selection, even serving sparling wine.
The only problem I had was a miss-understanding about a candle light dinner, but it was sorted out.
Internet it's also veryyyy expensive and slow. You pay over 10€ an hour for a 512kbs like speed.

Restaurants:
The restaurants are the only reason I don't give 5* to my overall evaluation. We chose to upgrade to half-board and save 20€ per night. The Hilltop restaurant buffet is good, great variety/quality and it's different theme every night, but for 35€ per person (with 10€ discount from half-board), you expect that at least soft drinks are included. They're not and you pay round about 6€ for a glass of wine. I think it's largely overpriced for what you get. We tried a few restaurants outside the hotel, but unless you like to eat pizza/pasta everyday, it's also expensive, although not as much as in the Hilton.
The Ocean bar has also central European prices, good quality but the service on this one was a bit slow. You'll get a great view while eating though!
Note that all the prices are NOT INCLUDING taxes and service. So to the overprices, you need to add an extra 10% for service and 12% for taxes. Very expensive...

We loved our stay there in the end. It was a magnificent experience. Perhaps the next time I go there, I'll rent a car and eat outside instead eating in the hotel.

One final note, try to have your tours sorted out before you arrive. It's not the Hilton's fault, but the tour operator they recommended Mason's, was a total ripoff. They charged us for a day in a catamaran which had a nice picture, but in the end the only catamaran was the Ferry from Victoria to Praslin and La Digue. So try to arrange it upfront.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joao_Amorim
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

We were very happy to learn that you’ve had an amazing stay with us. We have well noticed your kind feedback about your villa, the special gift everyday, the friendliness of the team and you were pleased with the quality and variety of the buffet themed menus at the Hilltop Restaurant.

I was really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the Internet service and the price paid for the food and beverages did not meet with your expectations and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Constance Ephelia
#7 of 35 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,334 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!