“Beautiful resort!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Beautiful resort!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at Kempinski along with my wife for the honeymoon. Excellent property, with both sea view & hill view rooms. I had stayed in a hill view room. Though I couldn't enjoy the beach view, the hill view is equally good. Rooms are excellently maintained. The housekeeping staff were helpful, with no sign of annoyance. The beach facing the resort is good - long enough to have a good morning/evening walk with your partner. Even if the beach can't be compared with the awesome blue beaches in this island nation, it's still a good one. Besides these natural assets, Kempinski offers a short paid helicopter trip around the area - atleast when I was staying there. For snorkeling lovers, the resort offers snorkel, fins (shoes) etc. for free usage - not just within the resort beach, but also allows you to take them with you when you go around the island. The hotel staff definitely needs a special mention. They guided us with all local information that you need - like good restaurants etc. Also, they helped in planning our day tours, provided us with all that needed for the tour (like towels, snorkel etc.). Not to mention, the breakfast in the resort was awesome for us to start the day. Besides, the resort has the standard stuff - like Spa etc., which I didn't use though. Overall, it was an awesome time in the resort for us. Thumbs up to Kempinski!

Room Tip: The property is vast. So if you are a beach lover and want to be in the beach most of the time, choo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanMarcMichel, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Amal Joe,

Thank you for the wonderful review that you posted about our Resort. It is a real pleasure to read that your stay with us was delightful.

The Team Members and I are delighted to know that you have carried back fond memories of your stay. We are particularly pleased to note that you have enjoyed the various aspect of the resort. Your positive feedback will further motivate us to ensure that we continue our efforts to meet and exceeded the expatiation that our guest rightfully wait from us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our resort in the near future.

With warmest regards from the Sunny Seychelles,
Jean-Marc Michel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel with awesome rooms and views. What made our stay even better was the staff and their willingness to go the extra mile for the guests. And that was right through from housekeeping to the front desk, IT, waiters etc.

• Stayed August 2013
JeanMarcMichel, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Nadia,

Many thanks for choosing Kempinski Seychelles Resort, as the place to spend your vacation in the Seychelles. It was a pleasure welcoming you and ensuring the highest quality of service during your stay.

We appreciated so much your lovely comments which have already been shared to all our Team Members. Our Guest’s comments mean a lot to us and help us to move forward in the right direction to exceed our guest’s expectations. Our aim is to satisfy our guest by providing the most personalized service with highest standards and courteous manners.

We hope you were able to experience the true magic of the island and take home with you to South Africa, so many happy memories.

Sunny regards from the Seychelles,

London
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I hate to be an iconoclast but the Seychelles really didn't do it for me. The islands are lush because it rains a lot, something the tourist blurb forgets to tell you. The honeymooners pretend it's all great because they don't want to look like mugs. If you need guaranteed sunshine, laughs and relaxation you'd really be better off going to Spain or Greece.

The local Seychelles people are alien to customer service, it's just not in their blood so service always feels awkward and uncomfortable or even worse faked.

The Kempinski is a resort hotel whose delights also passed me by. It started by arriving very early morning in July in a freezing shower of rain to be met by two members of staff dressed inappropriately in white cheesecloth uniforms and straw hats offering a cold drink and a cold flannel. Just what you need on a freezing cold morning. Didn't anyone think to offer a hot drink and a hot towel?

I will say that the room was gorgeous. You'll love the rooms, which is just as well as this is where you will be most of the time. Seaview or pond view, they are all really nice and spacious.

Someone may need to measure the swimming pool as it doesn't appear to be an Olympic size pool. Short by about 3 feet. It also doesn't really look like a pool. I'm guessing it was just a water feature in front of the restaurant in a previous incarnation. Do you really want to swim right under the noses of people eating?

The restaurant too has hygiene issues. I found a 3 inch long human hair baked into my bread roll. I got a £5 discount when I complained. I had to insist on a discount. The surly, miserable waiter treated it as if 'no one else complains about the hair in the rolls'.

Also regarding hygiene the friendly pool attendant cut open a fresh coconut for us using a knife out of his pocket. He didn't wash his hands or wash the knife. The holiday could have been ruined with serious tummy bugs had we not secretly put the coconut in the nearest bin.

The evening entertainment is miserable. That's a fact.

The general manager was unfriendly and cold. I bet he hates all of us.

If this was my honeymoon I guess I'd be divorced by now. Admittedly, there are better hotels on the island.

If I was going back to Seychelles for some reason I would definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mr_Nomad
Dear Mr Nomad,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad that we had a chance to host you, for your vacation in the Seychelles.

By reading your comment we realized we did not exceed your expectation and we want to express our sincere apologies for this. Should you decided to come back to Kempinski Seychelles Resort, pleased do not hesitate to contact me personally, which I will ensure that your expectation will be meet to the fullest.

With my best regards,

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at Kempinski Seyshells for a week in August loved the resort and enjoyed the peaceful, friendly environment of the hotel and the surrounding.
Rooms are nicely furnished and very clean with the luxury bed and exceptional room management.
Friendly staff in every corner answering all our requests.
Would recommend Seychelles as destination with Kempinski hotel and definitely would visit again.

Dear Vanderstar,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us such a great review! We are happy that you’ve enjoyed your stay at the resort and you have felt much relax in our peaceful environment.

Our dedicated Team Members are always delighted to hear that our guest’s stays with us have been a memorable one. I have already passed your compliments to them on how a professional, yet personal service can make such a difference.

Our main objective is to provide you with an exceptional service and overall experience so that you would return to our property and recommend us to family and friends.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 14, 2013

well i could be committing blasphemy...by saying Seychelles is an over rated holiday destination...but it is...super expensive for no reason...

I spend 5 days...at the hotel...honestly nothing to see in Mahe and I am sure in the other islands too...I was super disappointed with the cuisine too...

Now to the hotel...great property in terms of views and facilities...nice spaced out room...walk in wardrobe...an average but well laid out bathroom...a decent balcony with good views of the hotel grounds...very poor housekeeping...and one of the worst spas in terms of services...i think they got a bunch of trainees...very sweet people who do not know what they are doing...

I spend 4 days out of the 5 having club sandwiches...and that too i had to chuck aside the chicken pieces...

well what i loved...wonderful people...and the rum Takamaka...but well that you can get at any duty free...

Room Tip: well many choices...all views are nice...
Dear Manoj,

Thank you for taking your time in posting your comments on Tripadvisor in regards your recent stay in the Seychelles and at Kempinski Seychelles Resort.

I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and the view of the resort. The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being address, so that we can make swift adjustments accordingly and guarantee the best experience for our future guest.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Sunny regards from the Seychelles,

London
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in the Seychelles for our honeymoon. Our first 3 nights were spent in the Kempinski Resort & Spa, before moving to Praslin, La Digue and Sainte Anne.

It really was a 5 star resort. The staff were super friendly, the best we experienced in the Seychelles, greeted with a cold lemongrass drink on arrival. We arrived early morning, way before check in time but the staff made us feel at home until our room was ready.

We stayed in a Beachside room which, whilst it wasn't the most spacious room we stayed in, it was tastefully decorated, with the most comfortable bed in the Seychelles! A 10 second walk to the beach with beach views from the comfort of your own bed.

The food was good with an excellent selection and separate 'grill of the day' outside each evening offering seafood, meats etc etc.

We hired a car on Mahe which meant the 2km long driveway (keeps the riffraff out) wasn't a problem but anyone wishing to explore on foot may have to walk a while before coming across anything! Once again tho, not a problem as the Kempinski is nice enough not to want to leave!

I would easily go back.....

1 Thank liamkirkham
JeanMarcMichel, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Liamkirkham,

Thank you for this wonderful comment that you have posted about our resort. It was really nice to read how much you have enjoyed the start of your honeymoon which has gone by without fault.

We hope that during your time with us, you have experienced the true magic of the Island of paradise and were able to return home with many happy memories. We are pleased to read that our Team Members had made you feel at home, with the professional yet friendly service. We are delighted to read that we were able tickle your taste with our variety of food offer and you had enjoyed the comfort of the room.

I certainly would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to Kempinski Seychelles Resort in the near future for another relaxing holiday.

With sunshine regards from the Seychelles,

Qatar
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights at the end of Aug 2013 and it was amazing. Perfect weather - warm with nice breeze. The hotel was fab, staff were very very attentive and friendly and best of all our 4 year old daughter decided she wanted to go into the kids club every day - leaving mum & dad with some quiet time by the pool. Food was excellent - although not for my vegetarian husband - but a little word with Christian the chef and every night he got his own little menu cooked for him.
Oh how I would love to go there very year for a little rest. The rooms were lovely, we were upgraded from hill view to beach view. WiFi a bit complicated to use but manageable.
I have 2 tiny criticisms - the pillows were awful and the cost of local produce extortionate. I can understand buying imported beer paying a premium but a small bottle of local beer worked out to be about £5. That is expensive in my view and I live in a very expensive part of the world - but when you are supporting the local economy I think the prices should be fair. Once I got over the shock of that and cut down on my expenses - it truly was amazing.

Room Tip: We were in a downstairs room and it was great. You tend to have your curtains closed all the time so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tiny,

We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful time in the resort and appreciated your compliments about our Resort, as well as the friendliness and helpfulness of our Team Members. Your comments are surely an encouragement for all of us to keep delivering highest service to our guests. We are delighted to read that your daughter had enjoyed the comfort and the facilities of the kid’s Club. We definitely try our best to diversify the children activities to satisfy their desire.

I have passed your good praise to our Chef, in regards to compliments about the food and how grateful you are that he had personally taken care of your husband. Our Housekeeping Team welcome the constructive criticisms in regards the pillow and will try the best to have some alternative. In regards to our Price of beverage that we offer are in line with the rest of the 5 Star Resort.

I do hope you and your family will return to Seychelles in the near future and I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Kempinski Seychelles Resort.

Warmest regards from Seychelles

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baie Lazare
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Banyan Tree Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort & Spa
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Been to Kempinski Seychelles Resort? Share your experiences!