We have been staying at this resort for the past few days as part of our honeymoon. Everything has been great - service and attention to detail is amazing.
But unfortunately the food was just quite sub par for the most part. Breakfast was so-so and same for the poolside restaurant. Most disappointing was the room service food. Just that the flavors are a bit off and I found myself constantly have to season my dishes all the time and I'm usually quite okay with blander dishes. It makes me wonder if the chefs had the taste buds or sense for something that is served at a 5 star restaurant. We were so disappointed with the food that we had to get a taxi to eat out (and taxis are quite pricey. Easily 50euros round trip just to go to a restaurant).Tonight we were too lazy to go out and went to ZEZ for their Italian buffet dinner (surprisingly they do not offer any a la carte options). The buffet was surprisingly okay and I'm pleased that the food was actually decent.
I don't know if we are just being too picky but the food at outside restaurants are just so-so as well and we had already ventured out to highly recommended restaurants on the island. Obviously the hotel is pricier even with the taxi fare included but after tonight we concluded that it is better to just eat at the hotel vs going out. Though of course we wished the food was of higher quality. Maybe the food in Seychelles is just generally below standard in many ways...
I will still highly recommend the four seasons as the hardware and service has been amazing. Spa treatments were also quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island