Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
$269
Villa Bambou(Baie Lazare)
TripAdvisor
1,179 results
All reviewsbuggy serviceour honeymoonhilltop villaoutdoor showerzez restaurantplunge poolpetite ansebuggy driverssushikids clubbeach serviceday bedwhite sandincredible viewsbeach barocean viewthe general manager
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Did not stay the night at the hotel... But had one of the best dinner experiences of my life so i wanted to give a big thank you to the seychelles four seasons team.

After a problem in the reservation process, i made a complaint and, in typical four seasons way, the entire staff, including the manager, do all they can to really make you feel well taken care of. They turn any problem into a positive experience. Special thank to Alex Porteous in particular

Facilities in genral looked great, the restaurant was fantastic and the landscape and beach also looked amazing!

Looking forward to enjoy the hotel fully someday!!!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rstalves
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Rstalves,

Firstly, my apologies again for the issue regarding your restaurant reservation, but my sincere thanks to you for posting this charming review. I'm so glad we could wow you, and make the dinner such a special occasion.

We also hope that you can come and visit as a resident guest very soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed in the FS Seychelles with my husband for 4 nights and it was a dream vacation. Although short we enjoyed every second of this great property, great service and fantastic country.
We stayed at a Hilltop Ocean-View Villa, ours was the most elevated from its class which provided a great view over the resort and the ocean. The bedroom from inside is very nicely decorated, the colors were very relaxing and the furniture is beach chic. The Villa’s pool is quite big, you can have loads of fun in it plus the view from the pool is very panoramic.

The property in general is breath taking yet the service in the hotel is out of this world. No complaints what-so-ever about any person we interacted with in this hotel. I would like to point out the superior attitude and service of the buggy drivers, it’s such a joy chatting with them, they were all incredibly nice. Plus all employees of the restaurants especillay a gentelman who i cannot exactly recall his name but i remember he was from The Maldives.

Food in this hotel is impeccable, starting with the breakfast @ ZEZ (make sure to arrive a bit early to Breakfast to get a table at the edge with the panoramic view) to Kannel and their excellent menu. Even the beach bar is excellent if you’re not in the mood to leave the beach.

Lke any great FS we were introduced to the GM upon check in and we could spot him several times around the property which gives you a sense of how serious this man is about the hotel’s service.
one thing I want to remind everyone planning to visit that hotel to do, while swimming in the sea just take some time to gaze at the hotel from the water, for me that was one of the most relaxing moments during our stay.
Don't miss on the SPA and make sure to get your relaxing tea at the terrace on top of the SPA. that is the highest point in the report thus the view is fantastic.

Now, this FS is a family hotel with a kids club, when my husband and I decided on it as a vacation spot we had little to know of that fact and for our good fortune there were very few kinds at the time and we enjoyed our stay. If you’re someone who prefer couple only hotels for your romantic vacations, this is not the hotel for you. If you don’t mind few kids here and there then I highly recommend this hotel, I believe they have the capabilities to create a very special experience for every guest staying with them.

Room Tip: The Hilltop Ocean Vew Villas are outstanding. make sure to ask for an elevated one because the view is diffrent
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear noorsliman,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our wonderful Resort. The whole team really appreciate the recognition from guests who pass on feedback like this via TripAdvisor.

The villa, the buggy drivers, the food, the Spa... you've got it all covered!

Many of our guests are couples, and our resort is perfectly set up for a private, relaxing stay for them. We do have families visiting during the traditional holiday periods of Christmas and Easter, but we don't have so many little ones during the rest of the year, and are well looked after by the excellent team in the Kids Club; leaving parents and other guests with plenty of time to enjoy the peace and seclusion.

We hope to see you again soon, and look forward to creating more special experiences for you on your next stay.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Four Seasons in the end of July for a week for our wedding. This is the most picturesque beach I have been so far after 1)
Phi-Phi island in Thailand where we' ve been for excursion and 2) the Jalousie Plantation beach in St.-Lucia, where you are just by the Pitons. The sand is just amazingly white and light, almost like flour. And yet you are surrounded by the green hills. As it's in the bay, the water is calm and you can actually swim properly.

The resort is enormous plantation with wild vegetation and every single villa is descreet. We were in 502 hilltop and we felt it was as discreet as it coud have been for honeymooners.

The infinity pool is about 18m by 5m and the view is just amazing since te villa was positioned almost in the centre of the whole resort.

Although you are uphigh, te buggy service i s exeptional. Not only they are fast and descreet, they know who you are, where you are going, what you are up to and what you might need in a moment.

Now, the food and the service - these are two most important things for me. Food: overall very good, breakfast is exceptional, lunch needs working on. Invilla lunch is very good, but Kennel lunch menu needs improvement. Everything is overslated (for exemple tuna carpacchio), the choice is limited. Choice of vine by glass could have better. Dinner is much better, we have been happy most of the evenings apart from one where I had a lobster from the Zez restaurant. It was overcooked and potato mash that it came with felt likr from the dry mixture sachet.

With this I have to say that if you tell the chef that you prefer less spices or salt they would note that. Another dissapointment is that whilst Zez lounge served sushi, it was only for dinner, while it they served it for lunch as well it would have been just the right thing.

Service itself was exeptional. They would not only do anything for you (virtually the word "no" does not exist here) but they would also think for you in advance.

Although the cost is very high, you get a lot if extras for free. Every day we got a littke something in our room after lunch, and every time a member of staff in the restaurant or bar heard that we were getting married, we would get complementary glass of champagn each. You also get fresh fruit, minim cocktails and smoothies every two hours or so while you are on the beach.

Spa: breathtaking view. Descreet and professional.

Now to the wedding: absolutely spot on to have the wedding at. I have to say that we had a "just a two of us" wedding, so there was no much prep to do. But Claire, the wedding planner, has actually been more helpfull, organized, fun and easy to worked with the my London Connaught's planner. No need to care about anything at all, not need to call or remind, or even think about anything. Hotel's photografer though needs to work on a personal touch a little to match the 5 star rating.

Room Tip: 502 is just ourstanding
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Tanialapteva,

Firstly, congratulations again on your wedding. I hope you are both enjoying married life together. I'm so glad to hear that your wedding was everything you hoped it would be, and your comparison to your previous experience is very flattering, and we will certainly look into your comments about the photographer at your wedding.

Thank you for your great feedback. Some great suggestions on ways we could improve. If you had any other specific feedback or suggestions then perhaps you could drop me an email to Alex.Porteous@fourseasons.com. We know our guests are our best critics, and love to hear their suggestions.

Thank you for all your kind comments. We hope you will return one day to our beautiful Petite Anse with your husband - perhaps to renew your vows again for a special anniversary?

Reviewed September 5, 2012

A truly beautiful resort hotel set on the hillside overlooking a spectacular bay. The staff couldn't do enough for you but they didn't drive you mad by being over attentive which can be annoying. The villas are beautiful and well thought through. This was our second visit and the villas this time were just as good as on out first visit. I love the outdoor sunbeds and double bed pergola. A great place to watch the sunset. The buggy service to get around is prompt and readily available. Our two sons (age 12 and 15) had plenty of water sports to keep them entertained (all non motorised) which meant that everyone was happy. The food quality is excellent and I loved the 25 minute in room dining option for a quick snack. The only downside is that you can't dive from the resort but have to be taken by boat to meet up with others and then taken to a dive site. The snorkelling however is excellent. A great hotel that I have no doubt we will visit again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't opt for a garden villa as the views from the hillside are wonderful. The garden rooms are also very close to a large pond which will attract the mosquitoes! Don't worry about travelling up and down the steep hillside as the buggy service is excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mel B

Dear Mel B,

So wonderful to hear that you and your family had such a great stay, especially that you could make the most of the fantastic watersports we have on-site. It's especially nice that you chose to write a review, even after your second visit to the Resort.

It's very pleasing to hear that you found our service attentive, but not overbearing. We know our guests are here to relax in a beautiful and luxurious setting, so we try and ensure our service reflects that, and allows them the space to relax and enjoy their time in our little piece of paradise.

We hope you will be back again soon for more beautiful sunsets from the hillside.

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The place is a piece of paradise, white sandy beach and incredible blue water. The villas are very spacious and nicely furnished, with private pools and offer very beautiful sunsets ( we had a hilltop villa which deffinetly worths the money ).
The breakfast was nice, and the dinner even better.
On the other side, we were disappointed about the service comparing to other Four Seasons we have stayed in, they were very slow and we didn't find the attention we were expecting.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Esther_W2012,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We know how much our future guests value reading guest reviews, and we find them to be a great tool to get further feedback from our guests.

Great comments about our food, villas and location, but I was disappointed to see that you didn't find our service to be up to the standard of other Four Seasons properties that you have visited. It would be great to find out a little bit more about the specifics of your experience. If you could find the time to drop me an email to Alex.Porteous@fourseasons.com I would really appreciate it. I hope we can resolve this issue, as we are continually looking for new ways to improve as we strive for excellence across the board.