“Wonderful Resort”

Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We moved to Abu Dhabi from NYC and have traveled the world, staying mostly in 5 start hotels/resorts. The resort is beautiful but it was the service that made it the best we've ever stayed at. We have 2 kids, a 2 and 4 year old who aren't great travelers and it was our 12 year wedding anniversary.

When we arrived to our room we had:

> Complimentary champagne (happy anniversary to us)
> Tee shirts for the kids
> A fish and turtle for the kids
> Kids snacks
> Robes and slippers for the kids (and us of course)
> Kid bath/body products including wipes - wonderful (good sized bottles, not the tiny ones). And diapers which would be GREAT if our youngest was still in diapers.
> All staff knowing our names Where ever we went, everyone knew our names and the kids names. It made it feel so personal.

Then as the week went on, so did the attention to detail which made our stay even better:

> Staff not only knew our names but would often ask how our son was feeling and i.e. "how did your helicopter ride go". Still puzzled how they keep track of guest details.
> Complimentary snacks everyday for us and kids in our room
> Flexible kids club - they were so welcoming for both kids
> Speed of delivery of room service and ice. We love a fresh bucket of ice and had one within a few minutes of ordering (an sometimes it was delivered proactively)
> Staff friendliness - you can tell when a staff is happy and enjoys what they do - epitomy of service with a smile. EVERYONE was so friendly and did everything they could to provide perfect service.
> Beach 'handouts' - washcloths, smoothies, fruit, etc. AWESOME touch.
> Taking 'take out' from the breakfast buffet - my husband had to stay back in the room for my son one day and the waitress gave me take out containers and told me to take what I wanted back to him (odd but this is usually frowned upon at a buffet breakfast)
> Loved the fresh juice/champagne at breakfast :)
> Flowers everywhere - carts, bathrooms, towels at the pool, our room (love the detail)
> Kids cups, kids beach toys (this is so helpful), coloring pages for the kids
> Beach service - staff ran to move our chairs, set up towels, bring us new towels, help with the water activities.
> Being able to charge everything to the room - i.e. taxi, helicopter ride.

Side note: even the dress code of staff was great (love the croc's flip flops).

To top it all off, we had a 8:30 pm flight out and we were allowed to stay in our room without extra charge until we had to leave (we understand it's off season but still). We both feel that the resort staff and management did everything to make our holiday perfect. What a great way to end a perfect week!

It's a great resort to stay at with kids but it would also be a perfect location for couples without children because the rooms are SO private.

3  Thank Sara M
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Dear Sara M,
Thank you so much for your incredible review. There isn't much I can add, as you seem to have covered it all! It's so great that we could make your special anniversary holiday special for you and your husband, and make sure the kids are given the VIP treatment too. It's wonderful to receive such stunning feedback, and Bob, the Resort Manager, and I have shared it with the whole team.

It gives us great pleasure to create such a lasting impression on our guests, so thank you for sharing your feedback.

We hope very much to welcome you and your family back to the Resort soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had a great stay at the Four Seasons. The resort and the villas are excellent. The service is great. Though in-villa dining takes around 35-40 minutes, though they informed us every time we placed an order. We were with kids (age: 2 years and 3 months). They made special food for our 2 year old as we ordered it.

The buggy service is good, though on the last day of our stay, we had to wait for the buggy to arrive. The other 3 days it was very prompt. You require the buggy to go anywhere around in the resort.

Dear gjain13,

Great to hear that you had a great stay with us. Sorry to hear you had to wait a little longer than normal for a buggy on the last day - we always try to have enough available, but sometimes a rush of a lot of buggies moving at one time may catch us out. We are always striving for excellence in our service, and look into any issues in timing of service when it happens to see what we can do to avoid it happening again. I hope the warmth and personality of our buggy drivers made up for this delay.

We are very lucky to have a resort which is set in a large plot in such a beautiful part of the world, giving us great privacy and amazing views, but the topography also lends some challenges with getting about on foot. If you are looking to avoid using the buggies and like to walk around the Resort, then can I suggest that a Garden Villa might be a good option for you? Set close to the beach, Kannel and ZEZ restaurants, a Garden Villa is a great option for those who prefer to explore the resort on foot.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to the Resort again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here recently for five days with our young son before movie on to Lemuria on Praslin which will be reviewed shortly.

We stayed in a hilltop villa which had a fantastic view over the bay and was very well appointed with outdoor pool and shower, fantastically brightens spacious and secluded. Club cars are on call for moving around and arrive before you put the phone down.

We visited all the restaurants during our stay and the food and service were superb and I couldn't fault it in any way. All the staff greeted you with a friendly smile and nothing was too much. Great beach and management.

My son went to the kids club for a couple of hours and loved it.

if you want a fantastic hotel and service, look no further, we will definitely be back with friends!!

Room Tip: On cliff top for seclusion and views

Dear cooldudes1,
We really appreciate guest feedback, and make sure we follow up on all our comments on TripAdvisor, so thank you for taking the time to post a review, which we appreciate as much as potential guests.

I'm so pleased you liked the villa, buggy service and food in our restaurants, but it makes me especially pleased to see that you found our service and staff to be of such a high level. We are very lucky to have such a fantastic team. The Kids Club is really fantastic, so I'm glad your son got a chance to go along and enjoy the fun!

We look forward welcoming you back again soon, and look forward to introducing your friends to our little piece of paradise.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Amazing resort!!!! Outstanding service! The villa was really hidden in the forest with a stunning view over the sea. The restaurants are just perfect: food is great!!
Beach facilities are great ! In the evening just before the sunset, you will enjoy the birds concert and the bats ballet'
JUST GO THERE!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to going back to this beautiful resort soon!!!!

3  Thank comtessedelphine
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear comtessedelphine,

Thank you for your charming review! We are so flattered that you gave our restaurants and beach service such high praise, alongside our beautiful villas. We are very proud of what we do, and are always striving for excellence, so to have such great feedback really means a lot to the whole team.

We can't wait to see you back at our beautiful resort soon. We will make sure the birds are in fine voice and the bats have been limbering up ready for you. Just be sure to come back during mango season again, so you see the bats at their best!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

.....you need a golf cart to take you everywhere. The property is stretched out over many acres and though it is offers total privacy, it does not allow for easy access to restaurants, gift shop or the beach.... It is a total up hill - down hill affair.

Staff were pleasant, very pleasant and helpful.

Nonetheless, an overall good experience.

Recommended!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear MoyaDubai,

Thank you so much for taking time out after your stay to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. Great to hear that you had a good overall experience but, unfortunately if you are staying in our villas with ocean views then you will rely on the buggy service to get you to the main body of the resort. The Resort covers an expanse of 170 acres across jungle-clad hillside, which is what gives us our unique aspect over the beautiful Petite Anse bay, and the amazing privacy we can offer all our guests in their villas, outdoor living space and private plunge pools. For those guests who want to be able to walk around the Resort without the need to tackle any inclines or rely on our speedy buggy service (complete with our fabulous bellman - each one a character, as I'm sure you discovered!) then I would always recommend one of our Garden Villas, which are close to the beach, restaurants and bars, but they do lack the spectacular views of the villas further up the hill. Hopefully this will help anyone thinking about coming, or if you yourself decide to visit again. If you do then please drop me an email alex.porteous@fourseasons.com, and I will gladly advise you on the best villa for your needs.

Thank you once again for your kind words about our staff and for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The experience was out of this world. The resort is beautiful beyond belief. We can not imagine a better honeymoon destination. Alex and team delivered an amazing stay for us, by far the best run hotel we experienced. Can't wait for the return trip!

Dear Hakush,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our beautiful resort. I'm so glad to hear that you had an amazing honeymoon, and the team and I are very flattered by your amazing review. It gives us great pleasure to exceed your expectations during your stay, and consider ourselves very lucky to work in such an incredible location. I am very pleased to hear that you leave with such happy memories.

We look forward very much to welcoming you back very soon. We are glad we have set the bar so high and look forward to create an even more "out of this world" experience for you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from our 3rd year anniversary trip at the stunning Four Seasons Seychelles! This is probably the most involved trip we have ever taken, first traveling from the US to South Africa where we spent a week on a safari and in Cape Town, then headed to the Seychelles to spend a week of total relaxation!

We chose the Four Seasons because of the stellar reviews here on TripAdvisor, and being our first time in the Seychelles, we really wanted to stay on Mahe and take day trip from there to the other islands. We are a couple in our early 30’s without children and we knew from past stays at the Four Seasons that it would be an amazing resort with impeccable service! And that it was!

We traveled from Cape Town to Johannesburg then took an Air Seychelles flight into Mahe. The only bump in our trip was that Air Seychelles canceled our flight and re-booked us at a later time, so we lost a night at the Four Seasons. But despite that we were on holiday and nothing was going to ruin our trip. We decided not to use the transfer service from the Four Seasons as it was going to cost about $500 USD, and that was just outrageous to us, so instead we hired a private driver which cost us around $80 USD. They picked us up at the airport and we arrived at 5am at the Four Seasons. On arrival, they were expecting us, and opened the car doors welcoming us by name…what a way to impress right from the start!

The hotel is amazing! From the lobby you can see stunning views of the ocean and the surrounding hills leading into the ocean! It was breathtaking. The resort itself is modern and crisp, as we expected it would be! We were taken to our room by buggy and my jaw dropped when I saw our lovely room! WOW! The villas are built into the landscape of the hills surrounded by lush vegetation. We booked an ocean view villa and stayed in Villa 501. The villa itself was perfect. The deck is huge with a cabana, sundeck and the most amazing plunge pool I have ever seen….I mean it was just perfect. I never expected to get such an amazing view of the ocean; it was more than I had hoped for! The outdoor shower had a deck that led to the pool, and the large deep bathtub overlooked the pool, both with spectacular ocean views!

I could go on and on about how beautiful this place is, but you can see yourself from the pictures. What really sets the Four Seasons apart is the service! We took a buggy almost everywhere and although I was hesitant about this at first, they always arrived a few minutes after we called and they were present 24 hours a day, willing to take you anywhere on the resort. The staff driving the buggies are so friendly and kind, always smiling and willing to help in any way! There are 2 restaurants and a sushi bar. I loved breakfast as it always came with a view of the ocean and a wide variety of food to choose from. We enjoyed the Creole buffet night, which was really entertaining with dancers and music, as well as the Indian and Japanese Buffets. We also ate off the resort at two restaurants, Anse Soleil and Maria’s Rock Café, both of which I highly recommend. I thought that it would be difficult to get to these restaurants but again, the Four Seasons just excels in service, and provided us with transportation to and from both restaurants! Selwyn was the main concierge and saw to it that all of our requests were met.

The beach is stunning with white, powdery sand and blue waters that are easily swimmable. The beach was a bit crowded at one end, closer to the bar/restaurant/pool area, but there were plenty of spaces open further down the beach and even though you are away from the beach bar, the staff would still come down often to take your order, offer you a free pitcher of water, and often free refreshing drinks. I also liked that there were chairs off the sand a bit, into the shade, which gave more privacy. We didn’t really spend a lot of time at the resort pool, as there were always a good amount of kids, but that didn’t bother us because that’s what our private plunge pool was for!

There is also an activity center at the beach were you can get snorkel gear, kayak’s and learn to paddle board. I was most excited that there was a PADI dive center on site, as I am a new diver. I booked a morning dive but I was a bit nervous, as this would be my first dive as a certified diver. The staff reassured me and we were picked up by boat and taken on a short trip away to our dive site. I was joined by 5 other divers and an instructor who knew I was new at this and he was very supportive and encouraging the whole trip. It was great, we saw sharks, a turtle and an abundance of sea life!

We took 2 day trips, one to Victoria and Moyenne, and the other to Praslin and La Digue. We booked both trips easily through the concierge at the Four Seasons. Both tours were private although we initially booked a group tour to Praslin and La Digue, it was canceled the night before by the outside tour company. We received a call at 8pm that our trip had been canceled due to too few numbers and we were so disappointed because we thought we were not going to be able to take the trip. But the Four Seasons pulled through for us and within 30 minutes Claudia had a full private trip booked for us the next day!! I was so impressed! Here it was at 8pm and she found us transport and guides for the full trip the next day…I mean from being picked up at the Four Seasons to Victoria where we caught Cat Cacos over to Praslin, and from there a guide was waiting on us to take us to Valee De Mai then to Anse Laizo. From there we caught the ferry to La Digue where another guide met us… it really was remarkable! Thank you Claudia!

The Spa was fantastic! It is the highest point of the resort and we spent 2 sunsets here. Now we had an amazing sunset view in our Villa, but the view from the spa is not to be missed! It was very quiet and only a few others were up there at sunset. It is very peaceful and relaxing. We actually had 2 couple’s massages there, and the hot shell massage was the best I had ever had!

Lastly, our Anniversary Dinner on the beach. It was perfect in every way! We were transported to the beach at sunset where we relaxed prior to dinner. We pre-ordered our dinner from a choice of 3 menus. The dinner was fantastic and there was so much food! The sunset was beautiful and it was the picture-perfect way to spend our Anniversary. At the end we had a fabulous surprise to light lanterns in the sky. Now this completely amazed me as it has special meaning to both my husband and I of memories of the Loy Krathong festival in Thailand the year before. I was so excited that we would be able to symbolically celebrate our anniversary by lighting the lanterns and reflecting on our past years together and make a wish for our future! And our waiter, Buddha gladly took tons of pictures as we shared this special time!

The Four Seasons Seychelles was everything we expected and more! There were more kids and fewer couples than I have experienced at other Four Seasons resorts but it is still incredibly romantic with a stunning beach, spectacular views, and our course outstanding people and service that makes the Four Seasons stand out above the rest!

Room Tip: Room 501- Excellent daytime sun, expansive ocean view with partial sunset view.
2  Thank PegasusStar

Dear PegasusStar,

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for highlighting the great work from Claudia, Buddha and Selwyn. I will pass on your gratitude to them. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us in Seychelles, so thank you for the feedback. I'm glad we could pull your trip to Praslin and La Digue back from the brink, with the aid of Claudia's speedy work!

Great to hear you were so impressed with our arrival experience. Just to highlight your concern with regards to the pricing of our BMW airport transfer service, transfers are available from 100€++, giving you the Four Seasons service as soon as you arrive, which is something that a taxi will not necessarily be able to provide. Enhanced arrival experiences including additional amenities and Fast-Track arrival are also available for an additional charge. We also have an airport greeter on hand to offer assistance to all of our guests once they land in Mahé, whether they have opted to book a transfer with us or not - particularly helpful to smooth over the bumps if you have experienced delays or cancellations with your airline, as I'm sure you will appreciate after your slight delays in getting to Seychelles!

Congratulations again on your anniversary. We hope you will come back and spend future celebrations with us in the years to come.

With best personal regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baie Lazare
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!