We moved to Abu Dhabi from NYC and have traveled the world, staying mostly in 5 start hotels/resorts. The resort is beautiful but it was the service that made it the best we've ever stayed at. We have 2 kids, a 2 and 4 year old who aren't great travelers and it was our 12 year wedding anniversary.
When we arrived to our room we had:
> Complimentary champagne (happy anniversary to us)
> Tee shirts for the kids
> A fish and turtle for the kids
> Kids snacks
> Robes and slippers for the kids (and us of course)
> Kid bath/body products including wipes - wonderful (good sized bottles, not the tiny ones). And diapers which would be GREAT if our youngest was still in diapers.
> All staff knowing our names Where ever we went, everyone knew our names and the kids names. It made it feel so personal.
Then as the week went on, so did the attention to detail which made our stay even better:
> Staff not only knew our names but would often ask how our son was feeling and i.e. "how did your helicopter ride go". Still puzzled how they keep track of guest details.
> Complimentary snacks everyday for us and kids in our room
> Flexible kids club - they were so welcoming for both kids
> Speed of delivery of room service and ice. We love a fresh bucket of ice and had one within a few minutes of ordering (an sometimes it was delivered proactively)
> Staff friendliness - you can tell when a staff is happy and enjoys what they do - epitomy of service with a smile. EVERYONE was so friendly and did everything they could to provide perfect service.
> Beach 'handouts' - washcloths, smoothies, fruit, etc. AWESOME touch.
> Taking 'take out' from the breakfast buffet - my husband had to stay back in the room for my son one day and the waitress gave me take out containers and told me to take what I wanted back to him (odd but this is usually frowned upon at a buffet breakfast)
> Loved the fresh juice/champagne at breakfast :)
> Flowers everywhere - carts, bathrooms, towels at the pool, our room (love the detail)
> Kids cups, kids beach toys (this is so helpful), coloring pages for the kids
> Beach service - staff ran to move our chairs, set up towels, bring us new towels, help with the water activities.
> Being able to charge everything to the room - i.e. taxi, helicopter ride.
Side note: even the dress code of staff was great (love the croc's flip flops).
To top it all off, we had a 8:30 pm flight out and we were allowed to stay in our room without extra charge until we had to leave (we understand it's off season but still). We both feel that the resort staff and management did everything to make our holiday perfect. What a great way to end a perfect week!
It's a great resort to stay at with kids but it would also be a perfect location for couples without children because the rooms are SO private.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island