Lamantin Beach Resort & Spa
$97
  • Pool
$147
$132
Hotel Keur Marrakis(Mbour)(Great Value!)
$53
Travelocity
Palm Beach(Mbour)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdinner buffetchecking inkids clublounge chairshotel experiencefresh fruitseafoodgood sizememorable experienceprofessional stafflovely pooljet skiingswimming poollovely hotelcomfortable roomshalf boardcrepes
Reviewed January 14, 2014

When we arrived in the resort we had some bad luck with the room (no hot water, safe was not working, etc)
After complaining it was solved immediately and compensated very well by the hotel management.
The atmosphere is almost enchanting; the staff is amazing and interacts as a happy and close family. Rarely I saw such sincere friendly people trying their best to make your stay an amazing experience. It far exceeded our expectactions;
with special thanks to Kadija and Eric for their fantastic hospitality.
I will return there for sure and advice everybody to experience this oasis of positive energy in Senegal!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our first hotel experience proper in Senegal, and the one I was least looking forward to, due to the size of the place. We didn't get off to the best start, with us still waiting to get in to our rooms after 5pm and discovering that my room was still occupied at 5 by a guest who had been given late check out despite us chasing for a time for a few hours. Management sorted it out quickly once it was clear there had been a mix up.

As several reviews make clear, it's a resort of two distinct choices- a pool hotel or beach experience and a buffet or a la carte restaurant experience. On the pool side, it's my idea of hell, but plenty of families with young kids seemed to be having a great time.

The beach, although certainly not the cleanest or most aesthetically beautiful coastal strip I've visited, is restricted to the lamantin and the impressive houses dotted along the 20 min walk, and at many times in the day was almost deserted with an incredible warm Atlantic breeze. Water too cold and current strong so not ideal for swimming and no life guards.

Recommendations for improvement - I would say jet skis in such a small strip by the loungers is way too noisy and detracts from a relaxing beach experience, plus I'd suggest sun loungers and towels are managed on the beach so that guests don't have to get up at 730 to "reserve" a good spot when you realise half of them are "towel and magazine down" reserved and then not used for half the day as those greedy guests sit around the pool all morning.

The à la carte restaurant was more "Cannes à la croisette" than I was expecting, and with a broad menu was a great way to spend a few hours each day. We tried the buffet on 3 of the nights, which theme-wise were a bit cheesy but the food was consistently good, and on one occasion, really first rate.

Rooms were immaculate cleaned each day, simple but stylishly designed, and it does feel like a new property. Beds comfortable, 2 twins together in mine, and aggressively effective aircon.

Wifi- pretty awful throughout. 2 networks beach and lamantin,equally problematic. Very slow- not enough bandwidth for the # guests. Will improve with time, I'm sure.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights over Christmas.The hotel was full which meant that the pool area
and the restaurants were very crowded.The rooms are good but very close together and we
certainly had a feeling of claustrophobia.Having read the brochure about the hotel we were
rather disappointed as this is certainly not my idea of "paradise".We went there after having spent
2 nights at "the sister hotel" in Niominka which is a 4 star hotel but very superior in our opinion.
There's no accounting for taste and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I liked it very much, regular 5 star hotel, no doubt. Front desk not so friendly as many others described here, also non-French speaking customers usually could have some troubles, anyway, most of the things were close to perfect. Everything was very clean, food very, very tasty. Wifi availability in whole area. Rooms very quiet, nicely located, very well equipped. I recommend this hotel, although seems to be little bit overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2013

A hotel where the staff is utmost friendly and helpfull. The rooms are spacious, well cleaned each day. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and enough choice. The lunch and dinner buffet has enough choice for everyone and main course can be choosen out of grilled/baked fish or meat on the spot, and several dishes which were prepared in advance.
The pool is large and very well organised. The seating near the beach is excellent, and first and foreall the service and security is top.
I will go again !