All reviews authentic berber tagine stunning views high atlas mountains arabic french hosts climb hospitality pros accommodation cons preparation village mule guide refuge
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Gite Atlas Mazik for 4 days and we loved it! We dont usually leave reviews but felt the need to for this place because we were so pleased. Everyone was SUPER friendly and did everything they could to make us feel welcome. They didnt pressure us to go on any tours either which was nice. Also, the food was amazing. And the views were spectacular. The place can get a little cold at night so bring warm clothes, other than that it is wonderful! You will not find a better place to stay or friendlier hosts. We will certainly be returning to climb Toubkal!

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Very beautifull vievs from terrace, you can eat traditional maroccan eating,
rooms clean, calm, and in good style,
close to road on jebel toubkal, you can get from host a lot of information about mountains.
Ideal place for rest after trekking, i miss to Imlil;)

Room Tip: upstairs close to the terrace
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2016

My friend and I stayed two nights here, and it was divine... very peaceful! We spent many hours on the terrace overlooking the mountains & community gardens, watching the sunset... Woke up to the birds & fresh bread, olives, eggs & sweet tea for breakfast.
Hussein, his father and his younger brother were very friendly and helpful. The kids running around are gorgeous.

We were able to leave our baggage at the gite overnight when we hiked up to the summit of Jebel Toubkal (for me, this meant leaving a laptop!) and everything was very safe. Wonderfully hot shower, big tasty tajine & fruit for when you get back down the mountain!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2015

I went to Gite Atlas Mazik with my boyfriend on may. The family that runs the hostel is very kind and helpful. They will be happy to help you with any doubts you have. It's a really good place to stay and to do the treking to the Toubkal. The terrace of the place is very beautiful and the views are breathtaking. The sky looks amazing at night. Breakfast is great and they are ready to do it for you whenever you need it during the morning.

I would hardly recomend to stay at Gite Atlas Mazik.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2015

Unfortunately this property wasn't suitable for me as I'm 66 so I had to move down to the city, but for young people wanting to walk & explore for the price & location would be perfect, but one thing I have to stress is you will not find nicer people than the owners no matter where you go, they will do absolutely anything to help you which is why I have given it an excellent rating. They don't just check you in & leave you to get on with it, baring in mind it was after midnight when I arrived they were willing to stay up all night to help me & the following morning when I knew I wasn't staying they spent ages arranging transport for me for free to get down far enough for my taxi to pick me up & the father came along with me to make sure I would be safe...to be honest if it hadn't been for the fact I wouldn't have been able to get about I just wouldn't have had the heart to leave, also I didn't realise it was a hostel but that's because the company I booked with advertised it as a hotel....I should have known better for the price including breakfast. I still feel very bad for not staying though! I just want to say sorry to the owners especially the father that I couldn't stay!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo