“An amazing experience in the high Atlas”

Imlil Trek Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 37 Outdoor Activities in Imlil
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Trek In Morocco: Specializes in treks in Morocco into the Atlas Mountains: Toubkal, M’Goun, Sirwa and Sahro ranges and Amezmiz valley, which can be tailor made to suit your needs, from a one day guided walk to complete treks. Our itineraries can be adapted to the number of days available, size of group (from single travelers to large groups), level of fitness and accommodation required.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our experience with Jamal and el Houssain started pretty well with the preparation of the trip. Jamal answered all our questions and was very specific with the details of the tour. Then el Houssain, Jamal's father took over as our guide. He was very attentive to each one's level in the group. He always chose fantastic spots for Lunch breaks. The places we stayed at were relatively confortable for the standard of living of the place. The cook was excellent and the portions were extremely generous. El Houssain was always in a very good mood and never panicked when someone was too slow or when he noticed that we were too late. We even got a little berber music show on the last night. After the three days tour finished we felt like staying longer. We got attached to the place and the people. Thank you so much el Houssain & Co for having made our experience in the atlas unforgettable!!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

After finding these guys through a internet search we arranged a 4 day/3 night trip through the mountains around Imlil. All was done via e-mail and everything went exactly to plan. Jamal and his team are professional and knowledgeable. The trip was exactly what we were after and we were looked after superbly, every step of the way. The food was excellent (you'll never go hungry!) and the view and route taken fantastic. Even when one us us fell ill (not their cooking I must add) they were attentive to our needs and accommodating with the itinerary. We highly recommend Elhoussain and Jamal Ait Bahmad and want to give a big thanks to Hussan and Mohammed.

1  Thank SalandSean
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I arranged a guided tour with Jamal for part of my Moroccan adventure. I was able to customize the guided tour and I received a very reasonable price which was all-inclusive (car, meals, gas, accomodations etc.). My guide, Jawad, and driver, Mohammed, were both excellent company and Jawad had a lot of great insight to offer on the many sites we experienced.

The trip included a drive to Zagora for a camel trek and sleep in the desert, as well as a drive to Imlil for some amazing trekking in the high Atlas mountains. It really was excellent value for my money and next time I would be syre to spend more time in the Imlil area as it is breathtaking.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Imlil Trek Day Tours service to any of my friends or family.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I pre-booked a day trip of walking in the high atlas after contacting Jamal through his website. We were picked up from our hotel at 9am by taxi and driven up to Imlil where we met our guide Hassan. His english was excellent, and I believe he also speaks French and Dutch. He gave an interesting insight into the local area and culture and was clearly passionate about both his country and the lifestyle in the high Atlas, this resulted in a very personal and educational experience. The area is beautiful and it was lovely to get some relief from the heat of Marrakech. We stopped for a delicious lunch and enjoyed great conversation with Hassan and Jamal's family. I would highly recommend a trip into the Atlas mountains with Imlil Trek, possibly for longer than a day if you can.

2  Thank Johanna K
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My friend and I discovered Imil Trek Day Tour Company online. We booked a tour from Marrakech to an overnight stay in the Sahara and return to Marrakech. Jamal (our guide) and Mohammed (our driver) picked us and our luggage up at our riad. My friend and I didn't know what to expect. We were two women traveling alone in Morocco. We could not have been more pleased!! The drive to the edge of the Sahara was absolutely breathtaking! Jamal speaks perfect English French and Arabic. He and Mohammed are perfect gentlemen. They played some traditional Berber music on a cd along the way, stopped at a restaurant for a traditional lunch, and pointed out some interesting spots. We really learned a lot form them! By the time we arrived at Zagoura we became friends! The camel trek and overnight camp in the Sahara was an experience of a lifetime! We had so much fun!! We were served a wonderful meal and had a traditional tea service. On the way back to Marrakech the next day we stopped at a Womens' Argan oil Cooperative. We learned so much about Berber life from two wonderful guides. I highly recommend Imil Trek Tours! Jamal and Mohammed are genuinely good people. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Lynn M