“Best place to stay in Imlil”
Review of Dar Tighoula

Dar Tighoula
Ranked #3 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Imlil
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at Dar Tighoula for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Ahmed was an excellent host in welcoming us and making us feel at home at the Riad, directing us to the waterfall on the first day and was lovely day,
The food was lovely here. The room (suite) with nice view was clean and large enough for our needs.

In short, we would recommend this Riad and it's of no surprise that its so highly rated on TA.

Room Tip: Reserve the suite with terrace , nice views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mathieu g

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This darling little guesthouse is tucked away in a leafy orchard just off the main road. The room I stayed in made me feel as if I was in a tree house, with the wind rustling the leaves and the birds right outside my window. It was so peaceful, and the room was beautifully decorated in shades of green, blue and pink, very funky! The family who runs it is delightful, and cooked me the best meals I've had in Morocco thus far. They're incredibly helpful but also know when to leave you alone. I really hope I can come back next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The guy who wrote the last review must have been suffering from altitude sickness. Staying here was the highlight of our Moroccan holiday. They arranged our transport from Marrakech, greeted us with tea and fresh fruit, told us the best places for walking and buying souvenirs, cooked us an amazing and huge vegetarian meal; their hospitality knew no end. The place is just outside the center of the village in a walnut grove, so if you want peace and quiet, I definitely recommend it without reservation! And I should also mention that the owner, Ahmed, is as honest as the day is long, in our experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are delightfully decorated and each one is unique. The whole place is very quiet; the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Bad experience right from that start. The guy who met us told me the place was full with a tour group so I needed to stay in his more expensive place. I asked to see the other place and surprise no tour group but it was not very nice. So grudgingly we agreed a price (50 euros for two doubles) for the more expensive place. Staff hovered around us all the time. Owneers kids screamed half the night. When we came to pay a different guy told me it was 60 euros and that I had talked to the wrong person previously. I gave him 50 and told him to shove it. Basically we were lied to from the start and the took every opportunity to rip us off. Avoid, go somewhere else with at least a little honesty.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here the night before we climbed Toubkal, and again for another night once we had come back down. Loved our stay at this guesthouse owned by the nicest family in Morocco! We had a beautiful, very clean room on the terrace, and had lovely dinners and breakfasts cooked for us. Ahmed and his wife were great and very helpful; we muddled through with a combination of English and very bad French on our part, and they were so friendly. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed May 8, 2012

What a perfect place to stay - the family are so lovely and provided the very best customer care including:
* wonderful accommodation
* amazing veggie food (even though it is much more difficult to prepare)
* Oma - our amazing guide for a 3 day trek
* boots (size 5!!) as i was so unprepared
* the best memories.......
THANKS, good luck and we hope to see you soon for more trekking and chilling, inshallah!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kabpfc
Reviewed March 26, 2012

OK, I fell in love with Imlil, but it wasn’t just the beauty of the mountains; it was the Berbers themselves.

I only stopped here for an afternoon and had lunch (staying in the same family’s gite in nearby Armed) but the service here in this rustic, traditional Berber home was outstanding.

They really care and make you feel part of their lovely family. A wonderful Beber family establishment

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business