“They are soooooo nice!”

Tropical Attitude
Brussels, Belgium
“They are soooooo nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've gone there one week and it was fantastic. A perfect tropical and bright room overlooking the sea , a garden, a nautical center, a perfect beach , the village at walking distance and the staff bilingual English/French is extremely nice and helpful.A pure pleasure for an extremely reasonnable price and you get comfort and much more character than in an international resort that could be anywhere in the world. I asked to be picked up at the airport at 4 am, after a 15 hours flight and it was perfect. I had a fresh juice when I arrived and my room was ready !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Londra_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Offaly Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed in La tropical for 18 nights in Oct.Nov.I was travelling alone and a bit apprehensive .
From the moment I arrived at the hotel until i left it was just an amazing experience.
I have travelled a fair bit alone so could compare.
The staff at la tropical could not have been better .From Banoo who did my room to Sunny
who managed the hotel.Friendly helpful and genuinely interested in making sure i enjoyed my holiday.
The all inclusive was very good and several times I was asked if I would like an alternative as i do not eat fish.
I loved the relaxed ambience of the place and the lovely lady at the spa was amazing.
I particularly remember Divali and the transformation of the hotel.
It was incredible.I had travelled to Mauritius intending it to be a once only visit.
But after my amazing holiday i cant wait to go back again.Yes ! next November i will be back in La tropical.
With sincere gratitude
Breda

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Bredaoffalyireland
St. Helier, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

The thing I like about Trip advisor, is you can get a good range of reviews before making a decision on where to stay. So, having read the reviews for Le tropical, I was very much looking forward to my trip to Mauritius.
To be honest, I think a lot of these reviews may be tainted with just how great the island is in itself, rather than concentrating solely on the hotel.
I've given it a 3/5 as an average. I didn't think it was "amazing" or "wonderful", but I certainly didn't think it was "terrible". As a place to base yourself during a trip to the island, I'm sure there are far worse. We felt ideally positioned for day trips (having hired a car) and, having driven around the whole island during our visit, decided that the location was great. Excellent views over the ocean across to Ile aux Cerf. Ok, the beach isn't brilliant, but just a little further up the road at Palmar or Bel Mare, you get some great snorkelling, etc. Just watch out for the sea urchins.
The facilities at the hotel were average but to be expected for a 3-star.I'm not sure where all these great reviews regarding the staff came from, as we found them to be quite miserable, hardly ever ready to smile. In fact, we heard a few guests even asking for a smile!! I'm not really sure you should need to ask for one.
We were on an all-inclusive package and got the feeling that we were being given just enough service to keep us relatively happy. The food was plentiful, but not always great, so you don't really feel like getting seconds. The plates were not warmed, so the food went cold quickly. i know, I know, I'm being picky and I shouldn't expect more from a 3-star, which is why I'm not exactly complaining.
The waiter service was a little hurried and we felt rushed through our meal. I do like to finish my last mouthful before my plate is whipped away from me.
Without going on too much longer, I would say that, for a simple break with no frills you could do a lot worse. However, do not expect opulence.
I'm still scratching my head as to why other reviewers would say the staff are amazing (???). They pretty much do their job and that's about it. No extra mile awards necessary.
The chamber maids were VERY ready to service the room. So much so that they kept asking when we'd be ready to go, despite it only being about 9am. Ok, I like a lie-in, but wait until I head out for the day or put the "please service my room" sign up. I also got the feeling that they didn't change the sheets as regularly as they could have. Either that, or they felt they needed to replace the sand that I had left by my feet!
Final point - the drains were a bit smelly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Dave C
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

The le tropical hotel was exactly as we saw it in the site ,we made the reservation via Ocean Island Tours.
The hotel staff is the best by far we can meet all over the world!!Very helpfull,very kind,very good hospitality.
The food was a lot and good (to much carry and coliander!!!) but the great was that you could eat every day fresh fish, the chef is very good!
You can go every day twice for free to the ille aux cerf wich we think is the paradise on earth !!!
The hotel is very comfortable,clean and vey quite,all the rooms are in front of the sea,.
Be carefull about what period you choose to go,our winter in europe is their summer,our fall is the end of their winter and it has a lot of winds!!!
if we go again to mauritius we will stay again!!!
Very good choise....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mary_mtl
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

What more can i say that other reviewers haven't said already. My girlfriend and i chose this hotel through trip advisor reviews but like most people we had to check out the negative reviews first and all i can say to those who gave them is "are you sure you have the right hotel?"
The hotel itself is beautiful, the grounds are immaculately kept and the beach, well, yes it is small (non existant at high tide in fact) but it is cleaned on a daily basis of any sea weed (i mention that due to a previous review!)
The rooms are functional, spotlessly clean and the beds are HUGE !!!! We had a ground floor room which we requested as i thought it would be more convenient for access to the sea, however after arrival, it really wouldn't have made a difference as it would have been no great hardship to walk down the stairs !
The food was fantastic. Breakfast had a selection of fruits, cereal, toast, eggs cooked for you however you liked, as well as pancakes, sausages, beans, fried potatoes(bit odd for brekkie i know but they were very nice) Tip: If you fancy bacon just ask and they will cook you some. Lunch was either a selection of 2 or 3 dishes to choose from, if they didn't take your fancy you had a range of toasted baguettes to choose from which come accompanied by chips and salad. There is also a self serve salad bar and desserts. For the evening meal, well, WOW, ranges from buffet to 5 or 7 course meals, even the set meals weren't really 'set' you could pick and choose from a couple of choices per course. And if you don't fancy anything on the menu, the staff will be more than happy to cook something for you. We actually did this the one night, not because we didn't like the menu but because we had been on an all day tour and just wanted something fast before a few beers and bed and we were given a generous portion of breaded chicken with chips and salad. Another Tip : The blue cocktails are lethal, they made me miss breakfast the one morning lol. I may appear to have gone about food quite a bit but this is due, once again, to a previous review about lack of food.
Now onto the staff. we have stayed in higher rated hotels around the world including 5 star Superior hotels in Dubai and whilst these were efficient and proffessionally faultless, we have never had such quality and genuinely friendly service as we did at Le Tropical. A phrase has appeared a few times on various reviews which sums it up perfectly " A 3 star hotel with 5 star service" Every member of the team are fantastic which really is a credit to the hotel. Whenever they asked how we were, they appeared to actually want to know, they weren't just being polite, they knew very quickly what your favourite tipple was and where you preferred to sit at meals. Its these little things that can make a holiday that extra bit special. Always happy and very hard working. It was my birthday while we were there and even though this fell on Divali, all the staff came over to give me birthday wishes, even the kitchen staff came out who made me an excellent cake !
We would happily go back to Le Tropical in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank thetravelmonkey
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hi me and my family stayed at Le Tropical hotel 17th October, and all I can say is first class service. The food was great and rooms more than adequate. But the thing that made the stay was the service and the geniune warmness and friendliness of all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and from the minute you arrive you feel like you are getting 5 star service.
The hotel is quiet and low key and it just makes you feel relaxed from the minute you arrive. We were lucky as we were at the hotel for Divali ,and the hotel was completley transformed and made the evening a real special night.
We booked through Best Travel which was the cheapest, £1600 for 10 nights all inclusive great value, even the house wine was great as was the Phonix beer and cocktails.
Sunil Prayag very friendly but all the staff great including the boat house staff, thoroughly recommend, great time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Prayag1
market harorough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at the hotel in mid august for 15 nights. This hotel is ideally situated on the beech front, stunning views. Although this is the only thing that lets this hotel down is the beech, take a 5 min walk around the corner and you will be greeted with a long white sandy beech which is stunning. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff are amazing, they can not do enough for you always polite and cheerfull. The restruant mananger is brilliant, if you dont like something on the menu just ask him and he will offer you another dish, steak, chicken, pasta. The food is stunning lots of choice and very well cooked. Sunny the manager of the hotel is one top bloke, if you have any problems, which i doubt you will just see him, so helpfull. When we were checking out at 12.00 our all inclusive finished, but he offered us dinner and drinks free of charge until our departure at 4pm. This just finished off our holiday.
For us,this hotel is one off the best we have stayed in for food and service, better than many 5 star hotels we have stayed in all over the world. Although the decor in the rooms are not 5 star everything else is, the rooms are comfortable and clean.
Once again thank you all for a great holiday.

Trevor Janine

LUX* Grand Gaube
LUX* Grand Gaube
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,335 reviews

Been to Tropical Attitude? Share your experiences!