All reviewsoak restaurantperfect place to enjoyboutique hotelgas burnercooking facilitiesquiet weekbeach frontresident managerwhite sand beachspecial thanksseafoodperfect hotelclear waterwhole weekrooms are bigsmall kitchenlarge hotel
Reviewed December 3, 2017

The room was comfortable with independent cooking facilities. The situation was exellent being able to walk out onto the beach. The staff were generally friendly and helpful. It had a bar and dining room. Breakfasr was very good. The menu for lunch and dinner was very restricted and lacked appeal

Room Tip: There are many good restaurants nearby Try for a room nearer the beach, preferably upstairs
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
DigitalMHP, Communication Team at Le Sakoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear William R,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to learn that you loved the location of the hotel with direct access to the beach. We have shared your kind review with our team members and they are glad to learn they have made your stay a memorable one. We have taken good note of your comment and we will work on improving the dining experience. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.
With warm regards,
Sakoa Team

Reviewed December 3, 2017

The Good
- The property is right on the main road, easy to find, near the supermarket
- large room and balcony

The OK
-They gave us a cake for my spouse's birthday. We didn't ask for one though
- The location is on the beach

The Strange
- The toilet is in the shower, which has wooden slats with 1cm gaps between the slats. The damp wood is odd to sit on while on the toilet
- The kitchenette had square UK style outlets. The toaster and kettle provided have round plugs. What is even the use of providing these?
- The noise from the road is pervasive. In room#6 someone on the ground near reception or from another room can see straight into the bathroom and room.
-On the second morning I was there, a member of the staff approached me at the breakfast buffet and quite rudely asked me what room I was in. Then he repeated this in disbelief.
-After I sat down at a plain unmarked table that nobody else was sitting at, I was asked to leave. I could see this member of the staff pointing at me from afar, instructing another man to ask me to move.
I was told the table was "reserved" and that I must not sit there. There was no sign that the table was reserved .

I have never been so humiliated in my life. No body said sorry. No body cared. I was left crying in the middle of the breakfast area, a plate of fruit in one hand and a man telling me to get up and move.

In retrospect I should have had the courage to refuse, but i was too shocked and scared to say anything.

Was my not being white the reason for this rudeness? Does Le sakoa not want non caucasian customers?
Having been to 32 countries and enjoyed non-racist behaviour in all of them, this was a rude awakening.

No rapprochement from management. Nobody cared that a patron was left in tears and checked out of their hotel 2 days into a 5 day stay.

Having been made to pay upfront I lost 3 days' money. I asked to see a manager and was told nobody was there.

I am so shocked and humiliated even now, a week later as I write this.

Also, the outside of the metallic dustbins are covered in a weird brown grime.
The make up mirror has greasy fingerprint on it just after housekeeping.
No shampoo or body wash was provided on the first day, but was there on the second.
The tea cup and saucer in the kitchenette were unclean - the saucer was stuck to the cup!

Room Tip: Rooms near the road are very loud.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NeelimaJ
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

We had a great room, nr 15. The honeymoonsuite the nearest to the beach. Lucky as we were we enjoyed our 3 day staying. Very spacious room with kitchenette and nobody above us.
The wc and shower is in the same corner, little wet... you walk directly into the sea from your room!
The restaurant is more than ok. Breakfast good, choose your kind of eggs fresh prepared. Enough fresh fruit and bread.
Friendly staff in the hotel willing to help you with everything they can. Kayak and other wateractivities are included.
This place is highly recommended;
4,5 stars

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
DigitalMHP, Communication Team at Le Sakoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear Nick V,
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read that you loved your stay with us and the honeymoon suite. We are also glad to learn that
you liked our chef’s delicacies and the water activities proposed. Our team looks forward to welcoming you soon for another great holiday in the paradise island of Mauritius.
Le Sakoa Team

Reviewed October 29, 2017

We stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it! We have been to Mauritius many times and this was by far the best, The location was fantastic and the staff and the hotel were amazing - would recommend this hotel to anyone. Cannot wait to go back

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family

Dear SamAdd44,
Thank you so much for sharing this lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you loved your stay with us and that the location pleased you. We have shared your comment with our team and they are absolutely delighted to learn that the service provided made your stay a memorable one.
The entire team of Le Sakoa is impatient to welcome you back soon!
Le Sakoa Team

Reviewed October 29, 2017

La Sakoa is mid size resort located at beautiful and lovely beach of troux aux biches. One may think its slightly expensive for its size and amenities, but it get justified with the location it is.

Checkin- Took around 1 hour after we came in afternoon to get the room ready. Took a stroll around the beach that time. Once room was ready it was quick, and since it was small resort it was easy to move to room quickly.

Room: It is single room with attached toilet and sitout with table for four. Room is spacious with all basic amenities. There is a kitchenette, but the gas burner was not working. We was not planning to cook anyway. Like most hotels in Mauritius, there is hardly many consumables provided like water, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb etc. You need to buy them your own. Just a walk outside there are couple of stores which sells all these, but around twice or thrice the actual price. We went to super U mall and bought all the necessities at actual price. For instance water is 18-22 mur for 1.5 litre in super U, and it can be 40-50 mur in shops around resorts and in resorts it can be any price left to imagination. Same is applicable for every other thing.

Food and service: There is a restaurant at beach side which provides all meals and beverages. Menu seems limited for both food and beverages, probably due to small size of resort. If you need some variety, you can still go out to couple of restaurants outside within walking distance. Streets are not that crowded and walkable.

Staff: Staff were ok kind of I would say. Not that thai welcome smile nor rude. Felt like they are just on their job. They did resolve any issue faced and very professional on what they do. Just an advise to your staff, please stop asking "which country are you from" for lot many reasons.

Amenities- It is small place with awesome beach and boathouse nearby. Pool is really small one, like a plunge pool probably, just for chillout, not ideal for swimming since its really small. There are plenty of beachbeds, and massage room at beachside.

Beach: It is probably the best in Mauritius, with clean water and fine sand. Its ideal for swimming with hardly any waves and small gradient of depth. Weekends it maybe bit crowded, weekdays its really few souls around. Snorkelling, glassbottom, pedal boat and kayaks are free. There is a list of activities free and paid in the hotel room. One need to book them in advance.

Checkout- It was hassle free checkout and quick.

Overall I would strongly recommend this hotel, especially for its location. It is relatively bit affordable property compared to others in same beach. So go for it! If you are looking for 4/5-star amenities and services, then this may not fit you.

Room Tip: beachside ones
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
DigitalMHP, Communication Team at Le Sakoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear P J,
Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, we sincerely apologise for all inconvenience caused to your holidays. We have taken good note of the points you’ve brought forward and kindly rest assured we are working on improving our guests’ experience.
The entire Le Sakoa team hopes to welcome you back soon for another great holiday.
Sincerely yours,