We did a LOT of research before booking our trip, and Trou aux Biches did not disappoint !
It was a very special occasion for us, as we got engaged during our stay here (on my birthday). 8-)
The food and beverage Manager (Gerome) pulled out all the stops in helping plan the perfect ambiance for us on the beach for me to surprise my girlfriend (now Fiancée) ;-) Music, local Mauritian dancing, privacy, romance, champagne and a phenomenal personalised menu.
The staff struck the perfect balance between providing a personal service whilst being perfectly professional, giving us the personal space we needed when appropriate.
The quality of the food overall and choice of restaurants was excellent. Our favourite was La Caravelle, where the presentation and quality of the food was second to none.
We spent the second half of our stay in Mauritius on the East coast, and we found the weather and particularly the beach in Trou aux Biches to be a step above other areas.
A huge thanks to the team for taking such great care of us (Gerome, Nathanielle, Allain, Sanjay, and Sandrine).
Tips: Bring your mosquito repellent, and practice your hawker 'non merci' wave, both of which you'll use to a significant degree here, but will get used to pretty quickly. Secondly, and more importantly - take the time on arrival to book your meal reservations in advance. The restaurants are busy during high season / shoulder season, so book soon after your arrival to avoid disappointment.
Summary: Would highly recommend Trou aux Biches: You're sure to enjoy your stay if you decide to book here for a romantic break away in Mauritius!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius