“Amazing wedding proposal and holiday!!!”

Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Trou aux Biches
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had planned 6 weeks in advance to take my girlfriend to this amazing hotel and propose in a romantic setting.

The views are out of this world, magical even! The whole hotel staff was in the loop regarding the proposal, they looked after us well and the Chef delivered the ring to the table with champagne after a romantic beach dinner :)) - my girl friend was speechless!!

Everything was spot on throughout the whole weekend and the most important dinner I've ever had couldn't have gone any better. We had a magical weekend, the food, welcome and scenery is amazing - I even left the engagement ring with the hotel team to surprise my girlfriend so she receives it as desert... everyone really went the extra mile to make this a night and a weekend to remember :D

..and most importantly the lady said yes hahaha, we'll definitely be back.. fully recommended for any holiday but specially for couples looking for a romantic escapade!!

Thank you for the experience!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeanPhilip11
Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here for a week and a half. It was quite good. Reason I can't say it is amazing, amazing, amazing, is because I think the place is not quite such good value for money. The food and drink in the hotel is expensive, disproportionately so to other hotels, bars, cafes etc. Rooms are brilliant and the bathrooms are amazing. Also the hotel has some bikes to use, but you can only use them on the hotel grounds, which is ridiculous and a little pointless having them. Also the taxis will rip you off as soon as they realise you want them to take you back to this hotel, as it is probably the most expensive in Trou aux Biches. The taxis the hotels organise are over-priced, just walk out on to the road and get your own, don't book their taxis. I would definitely recommend going to the Sugar Museum (not for the museum) but for the restaurant that is attached to it and the shop. Bizarrely, the restaurant by the side of the musem is one of the best ones we ate at the whole time in Mauritius. You must have a dessert there. The shop there also has some good things to buy. The hotel is a little out the way, and is a 10-12 minutes taxi ride to Grand Baie - which is quite good to go to for food (although you'll need to know which restaurant you want to go to, as they are quite spaced out and you can't walk between them easily).

Staff were all very attentive and polite. The water sports stuff was ok too, but they were incredibly over the top with safety....they made me put a life jacket on to go wide surfing in about two metres of water. The Thai restaurant in the hotel is very expensive - save your money and go to Sakura in Grand Baie - it is amazing - reserve a table where they cook the food for you - it is brilliant.

If I was to return to Mauritius I would be unlikely to return to this hotel, but wouldn't necessarily suggest others not to stay here. Main reason for not returning is, because you could be anywhere in the world, sat in some fancy(ish) hotel on the beach. It doesn't give you that Mauritian 'feeling' and is too far away from anything to mean you can experience Mauritius properly. If you want to pay quite a lot of money to feel like you are sat anywhere in the world on a beach, then stay here....if you don't then don't.

Room Tip: The lower the number of the room, the nearer you are to the beach, if you're in suite 502, you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I visited Mauritius with my mother for first time and choosed to stay in Trou Aux Biches from 22/6 to 2/7 2013. From the very first minute I steped my foot in this Hotel I realised that I had made the best choise!!!! It is like Paradise on earth!!! Although the weather was not very good (was cold and did not have the proper cloths with me), In this hotel I forgot about it!!! It is situated in a huge garden full of palm tress and other beautifull plants. Outside the hotel in walking distance there is the village with very good shops for shopping!!! Could'nt stop walking among the Palm trees, looking at the ocean, dreamming while watching the sunset!!! My room was a big family suite with external shower, behind the Il Corallo restaurant. It was beautiful, very big, and felt like I was at my home!!! The hotel stuff is excellent and I made many friends!!! I want to thank everyone, and especially Fatima, for making me feel wonderfull and treated me like I was a queen!!! Also many thanks to the restaurants, because they took care of me and my allergies! The food was delicious!!! I also visited the SPA , which is very beautiful, and had some great treatments that really helped my body!!! I highly recomend Trou Aux Biches to everyone who wants to have the perfect vacation in Mauritius!!!

1  Thank MariaAgrinio
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent 9 spectacular days at this very special five star resort and spa. This was a holiday that surpassed all expectations. The exquisite beach, beautiful crystal clear water, amazing sea life, with winter weather that allowed us to be in the sun and sea every day, will be a first choice for another beach holiday. There were pedal boats, kayaks, sailing boats, glass bottomed boats all on tap, any time we wished to use them, with friendly and knowledgable nautical staff to assist around the clock. We water skied every day too, and snorkelled with colourful fish. We even swam with dolphins, what a treat! The staff were always ready with a smile and nothing was ever too much trouble. Fatima and Sophie were always there to ensure that all was well. The suites were spacious and luxurious, and the food was delicious, 6 restaurants to choose from and a buffet breakfast every morning. The hotel is beautiful and the layout unique! We left with heavy hearts, but we are all counting the days till our return. We will not sample another hotel in Mauritius after this! Lindsey Tucker, Cape Town

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'm back form a family holidays in Trou Aux Biches hotel in Mauritius.
It's a great Hotel. The rooms are fantastic 5* Suits. great level of comfort. The hotel restaurants are great, all the a-la-carte as well as the buffet one. the personnel shows dedication and really want to help.
A special mention for the nautical activities. there are some kayak, windsurf and hobbie-cat ready to be used and the boat-house team are ready to put the boat in the water, three times a day they have a boat ready to go snorkelling at the ref barrier plus a glass bottom boat. On top of it they provided Water-sky at no extra cost, and they boat drivers/instructors are really kind with everybody, those learning as well as those who already know how to do it.
Summarizing, even in Mauritius winter when weather is a little bit un-predictable, the hotel is still a paradise.
I did not use the SPA services but it looks great... like the rest of the Hotel.
The customer relationship Manager Fatima was there on every dinner and lunch, she knew who we were by our names and kept asking the most popular question at the Hotel "Are you happy?" and the answer was clearly "YES".
I would also recommend it for Honeymooners and families.

Room Tip: Chose a junior suite with outside shower. Well, in fact any room will be great!
2  Thank Ramon G
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been to Le Victoria and we have been to Trou Aux Biches -- so have compared two different hotels (just 15 minutes drive apart). I have to say that Trou Aux Biches is a massive cut above Le Victoria in both facilities, rooms and the beach. The beach has clear turquoise water and is not rocky, and the rooms are modern and upmarket (with outside showers too). The restaurants (six of them) are beautiful and the food is excellent. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and is more of an intimate stay than compared with Le Victoria. We will be back and cannot recommend this hotel more highly. The staff and manager were absolutely awesome... alert, friendly -- we were treated like kings. The manageress popped around constantly to see how we were doing. She is an asset to the hotel, and it made our stay that much better. Thank you for a PERFECT stay.

6  Thank MatthewBuckland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A luxurious holiday which had a very fine mix of upwardly mobile hospitality, great food and beverage experiences, world class water sports facilities, well kept and modern rooms and an extremely serene ocean front setting.

Would love to be there again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trou aux Biches
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!