“FANTASTIC HOLIDAYS”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Trou aux Biches
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“FANTASTIC HOLIDAYS”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friend and I (2 women) just spent 13 nights at this fantastic hotel and loved every minute of it. The crew was great, the food excellent, we loved all the sport activities as well as the Spa and the courses. The restaurants were wonderful so was the whole setting and the room. The only negative thing is that the prices for the drinks and the suplements are rather high/ pricy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Viviane A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We could not fault this resort. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Couldn't have asked for any more. The wedding day was out of this world, again they couldn't do enough for us. I would give them 10 star rating if I could.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a wedding in paradise.
Food was wonderful as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Di P
fleet hampshire
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to trou aux biches hotel and it was just as wonderful as our first visit.

The staff are truly wonderful so kind and thoughtful I love this place.

Everything about the hotel is fabulous and food is divine and service is top notch.

Fatima you are wonderful running a truly fabulous 5 star hotel where you are made to feel so special and return home with amazing memories

Children's mini club is the best I have ever experienced and my children didn't want to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank joannabodie
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my 14th trip to the island having previously stayed at Four Seasons ( used to be my most recommended), St Geran, Le Toussrok, Sofitel, Sugar Beach, Le Telfair, Paradis etc

We booked a senior suite and boy was this room better than the Four Seasons. Check the web video.

The beach is on par with Paradis, which I previously rated the best on the island. There is a choice of 6 restaurants and the service unbelievable. Special mention goes to Leckraj and Fathima.

I would go so far as to say this is probably one of the best all rounded resorts on the island. Did I mention an amazing beach and room.

Be wary of using Mautourco. They messed my transfers from Le Victoria to TaB and I had to chase them to confirm my transfers to the airport. Even when I arrived they were unfriendly. Would not recommend this company at all.

Room Tip: Senior suite - only choice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seedat
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to my fellow view as our unforgettable Wedding was held on this paradise island. The hotel has a stretch white sandy beach and several private pool.
The main pool is cascade of water giving a great view.
Rooms was well clean and Resto was very good. The main buffets Resto was nice.
Attraction for sea sports is nerveless the best place to be

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are a couple with our teen girl (14) and we were lodged on a Beach Front Senior Suite with private pool.

Let me summary our views on main points:
Hotel and surroundings
Tropical hotel with individual pavilions and villas.
My congratulations to the hotel designer and for the landscape gardener. Obviously also congratulations for the people who take care every day of all the different plants and trees.
Very, very nice and nite.
The outside pavilions and villas with African inspiration are also very beautiful.

Apart from the main infinity pool (fantastic), there is some other pools, each one for a number of pavilions (very practical because the large extension of the resort). With luck, you will enjoy alone of the whole pool.

Less positive is going from restaurants or main pavilion (which includes the hall, reception desk, concierge, jewelry and a gift shop) to villas when it rains... (there are golf cars, but sometimes you are not in the reception building and then you have to take your umbrella and run, since the distances are considerable.
Tennis courts which we enjoyed very much.
Spa very beautiful, but we didn’t use it.
The beach is nice with available hammocks (very comfortable) and some sport waters free.
Too much vendors, some of them very annoying.
On the other hand, as the beach is public (although the hotel has security staff) it is very easy that anyone come in the hotel property.

Villas:
I do not know how the suites in the pavilions are, so I can not give an opinion.
Our beach front senior suite has a big living room with a nice screen TV, 2 sofas (one of them was my daughter bed) and an armchair, big coffee table, fridge, Nespresso machine…
Our bedroom has a very good size, with another huge TV screen, one armchair. The bed was big and very comfortable. We slept like babies…
The bathroom is also enormous with nice round bathtub, separate shower and separate toilet.
Big wash basins area.
Also we have a big closet (enough for 3 adults) and a corner with a dressing table.
Nice outdoor shower, nevertheless we hardly used it due to not very hot August temperatures.
The suite combines elegance, modernity and comfort. I like it very much.
Bedroom and living room lead to a big balcony with nice furniture (nice tables with a trunk as base) and a beautiful swing.
Downstairs the balcony we have our private pool with correct sizes and also an area with 2 loungers. The water a little cold…

Restaurants:
In general we enjoyed very much our meals and the staff is attentive.

-Blue Ginger restaurant (Thai). Good quality, but we didn’t repeat it.
-Mahiya (Indian). Very nice atmosphere and nice food. We repeat it.
-Il Corallo (Italian). Excellent antipasto. We also repeat it.
-Le Deck (seafood). Excellent. We repeat it.
-L’Oasis (buffet). Nice, but we only went when they did the thematic Mauritian night. Rest of days we prefer the other restaurants. The breakfast is served here and the quality of it is just passable.
Negative points in restaurants:
*Too much courses with overprice.
*During the breakfast a l’Oasis, the birds catch all they can and I find it very unhygienic.
*Le Deck is placed outside and every time we have dinner there, we have to run with chairs and tables under cover and we find this very unpleasant. It messed up the dinner.

Let me mention the person in charge of refilling the minibars (I didn’t remember his name), but he was super pleasant and well-mannered (without typing him). He deserves a salary rise.

All in all, we enjoyed very much this fantastic hotel. We hope to repeat very soon!

Room Tip: If you can pay it, our Beach Front Senior Suite with private pool was very nice and in front of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ponsCatalunya
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a 5star chillaxing holiday. Overall service and stay was excellent. Professionalism at all levels of interaction with staff. Lots of entertainment. All water sports right on the beautiful beachfront with miles of white sandy beaches to take a nice stroll on. Awesome Spa treatments.

• Stayed August 2012
Constance Prince Maurice
Constance Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!