Came back last week from a fabulous 6 day trip here. This has to be one of the best resort hotels we have ever been to. We have been on several of these types of holidays in various countries. Not sure its very Mauritian though as you could have been anywhere in the tropical world! We opted for the lowest room category and were pleased to get upgraded. Thoroughly enjoyed the tropical shower! The room was huge, exceptionally clean with all the extras you could ever want. The bed was massive and very comfy. The whole resort was in first class condition. We ate in all the restaurants apart from the night buffet. Every meal was excellent. We made reservations one day in advance as we wanted to make sure we could try all the restaurants. Each night we ate at 7.30pm because you choose your table on arrival at the restaurants so being one of the first to arrive meant we got the best table every night. Ended up eating in the most amazing locations. Found virtually all of the staff to be very efficient and friendly. We chose the full plus package and think we did it justice. Ate so much and the wines on offer were very pleasant. Had been concerned about weather forecast before we went but we had one cloudy day though it still was a beach day and the rest were fine. Had a few showers but they only lasted about 5 minutes and it was really refreshing to have some rain fall on you. The hotel only own the beach to high water mark so it's a public beach. It was good to see local people also getting to use their own beach and not just tourists who can afford to pay. It was brilliant for people watching. Unfortunately whilst we were staying there was a group of at least 60 Italians at the hotel being SO loud joining together in large groups, totally spoiling the calm ambience of the beach. The top part of the beach where the sun loungers are placed was perfect but it is a narrow strip. This then gives way to rougher sand with loads of dead coral which extends right into the sea. Once in the sea there are patches of softer sand but still lots of coral and some small rocks. I cut my feet several times. The hotel staff did rake the beach daily to remove some of the coral but being a natural phenomenem there is little that can be done. It is a shame because we came across some much better stretches of beach on our morning walks up the coast. You can walk for several miles. Having a perfect beach is really important to me and this would be the only reason that I probably wouldn't return. Everything else really was first class. The hotel was so lovely that we didn't want to take too much time away but we did take a trip to Grand Baie using the taxi organised by the hotel. We felt the taxi was extremely overpriced. The driver waited in Grand Baie for us even though it was only about 10 minutes away which is why it cost 1000 rupees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius