We stayed in the hotel in January for 10 nights 5 of us with parents and our son and we truly loved it! It was one of our best holidays ever. We generally travel a lot and like high standard of service, accommodation and food, and this place covers it all! Hotel is beautiful, spreader in amazing gardens full of plants and flowers - well kept. There are beautiful pools spreader through out the resort so you can swim anywhere you like all the time. Rooms are nice and spacious with very minimalistic design, but you have all you need. The only thing I would add here is some colour or a flower to lighten up the rooms. We had half board and we were really nicely surprised with the selection and quality of food and service, you can eat in all 6 restaurants where all have great food and big variety. Service is excellent! What is nice surprise is also a prices of wine for example as prices are very generous and selection of very wide. There is not a one complain about the restaurants or food - well gone.
Beach is relatively narrow and very long all along the resort with nice walk path around the beach. The only concern we had were many corals on the beach that are not always pict up or can not be easily picked up, so when going with kids its recommended to take a water shoe as some corals are pretty sharp. Also be aware that this beach is public so you see many local crafts and cloth salesman walking and offering stuff which at time can be a bit annoying, but can be ignored. The hotel itself is closed by to a small tourist town Grand Bay, nice place to visit for souvenirs shopping or restaurant experience. We rented a car also so had nice experience driving around the island - highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trou aux Biches, a legendary hotel for couples and honeymooners, is where guests experience the true tradition of Mauritius. Set in a palm-shaded grove, on the island’s North-west coast, Trou aux Biches has earned a reputation for true Mauritius hospitality, warmth, friendliness and the highest standards of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Beachcomber Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Beachcomber Trou Aux Biches Resort & Spa Mauritius