We stayed here early January 2013 for 10 days.
Holidays wuith 2 young kids (4 & 7) are normally not a time for rest for the parents, but boy was this a welcome time for me to be proven wrong on that front.
I can make this review all about the wonderfull facilities at Trou Aux Biches Resort & Spa, which it certainly was.
But for me the fact that our kids WANTED to spend time at the Bob Marlin kiddies club, with all their exciting daily activities and excursions, allowed mom and myself to get some reading done, sip a few ice cold drinks by the pool side and basically just "chill".
I suppose the addage that " you are only as happy as your unhappiest child" holds very true.
I do not want to detract from the fact that the family suites were righ on the beach and they were beautifully appointed, each with their own pool.
The restaurants were brilliant and we did not have a single unpleasant meal during our visit.
The staff were friendly and always helpfull.
If I am to find fault, then it was that during morning breakfast (buffet) the service was a little lacking, but I suppose if you consider the amount of meals they serve and people coming through in the morning, then I can't really call that a complaint.
Be sure to take the boat ride (not included in the price) to go and watch the dolphins, well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius