“Good atmosphere and good food”
Review of Le Pescatore

Le Pescatore
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have tried this restaurant in a group of 11, everyone from the group enjoyed the night very much. The french fusion cuisine was top notch, everything was very tasty and good quality. The chef was very innovative with the ingredients and sauces. My wife and I tried 2 different tasting menus and shared the food, so we got to try at least 8 different dishes. The staff and the owner was very attentive and nice. One of the tasting menus we tried has 6 different tapas (small dishes) as main course and every one of them were unique and tasty. The deserts were also very nice and not too sweet. The pineapple tart I had was very memorable. I highly recommend anyone to visit this restaurant.

The location is by the sea and the deco of the restaurant was tastefully comfortable, felt like enjoying a home dinner in a nicely decorated cottage by the sea. I would rate this restaurant at least one Michelin star if they have Michelin in Mauritius. But this restaurant is not cheap in the Mauritius standard.

• Visited April 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice setting and excellent food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had dinner at Le Pescatore in December 2012. The setting is very nice, especially if u get a front table by the sea. The food is excellent, but it is expensive. But overall it was a very nice experience and I recommend it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mayya13
grand baie mauritius
“The place for special occation”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having visited the Le Pescatore for special celebrations and the set 8 dishes dinner is excelent and is our top favorite. We can highly recommend this to you.

1 Thank jsj_200
mauricup
“the best of the best”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

not afraid to spend some money on GOOD food? then it's the Pescatore. I'm Mauritian, on vacation now in Mauritius....Our table was sea front, really pied dans l'eau; the fish comes right from the big game fishing club next door; Try the palmiste with truffel...UN DELICE ! Great service;
I new the Pescatore from 25 years ago and somehow "forgot" about it , as so many restaurants came out in Mauritius. We keep trying them all out... but now it seems we have found our favoured one back again!

• Visited January 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“good food but expensive”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had dinner here with friends in December 2012. The setting is stunning with great view over the water. I found the service a bit stuffy, the waiter was hovering around our table. Maybe they were bored as it wasn't that busy in the restaurant. The food is expensive, but they do give you value for the money with ample supply of bread rolls and bread sticks, a nice sorbet and chocolates and cookies at the end of the meal. My tuna with risotto was really tasty.

• Visited December 2012