“Good Budget Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Trou aux Biches
Navi Mumbai, India
“Good Budget Hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel between 15th May to 22nd May 2013. It is a good place to stay with family . The staff of hotel was very polite & courteous. The overall service & food quality was good. The cleanliness was maintained. If you are looking for budget hotel then this is the place. The location of hotel was good . You can travel there by private buses to go to Port Louis & Grand baie since bus stop is very near. Hence overall good hotel
Vilas Abhyankar

Room Tip: Take room facing towards Sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vilas A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Rampur, Himachal Pradesh, India
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Location of the hotel was good, rooms with the sea facing fronts were good. Rooms were clean but the furniture need to be replaced and a bit renovation also. Services were average. You can find a good Indian food in their restaurant but variety is limited. Most embarrassing experience was candle light dinner and floral arrangement of room on arrival which was below than average. candle light dinner was arranged in the restaurant only with the two candles and self service food. if you are looking for a budget friendly accommodation and with the family or friends & want to spend more time in exploring Mauritius rather than relaxing at hotel than it could be a choice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing sea view are calm and adorable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fond du Sac, Pamplemousses, Mauritius
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It's a good place to live at,services are great and the staff are so amazing.They are very friendly to you,i enjoy my stay their,it was so good..Food was delicious,the room was so romantic,with faded lights.The only problem is the size of the room,its a bit small but for the price,its the best place to go ! Even activities are offered freely

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool is very cool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Del K
Northleach, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you are looking for bargain accommodation and don't plan to spend time at the hotel, then this could be a choice. The rooms were clean, adequate and functional. And there was free wifi in the reception area.
But the pool was small and dirty and the grounds were scrubby - not a place that you would stay and relax in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank janequelch

Travelers are raving about these Trou aux Biches hotels

mauritius
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed @ Le Grand Bleu hotel during November vacations. we selected L.G.B.H. based on reviews, rating and amenities available on different websites related to zis hotel.We needed a gd inland hotel for family to relax n enjoy school holidays. At first look, its bright, eye pleasing and freshly & uniformly painted buildings attracted our attention. Its located near one of the most popular seaside Mon choisy and our dream village Grand Baie. In fact we visited Grand Baie everyday during our visit[new mall-Woolworth]. Talking about ze hotel, so as soon as we reached zer, we had a warm welcome by Mr Simon, manager, and his helpful staff. We were offered a glass of juice on arrival n didnt hv to wait 4 long b4 we were conducted to our appartment-a 3 room appt.my 3 kids like their room wiz a bed 4 each vry much. Ze rm 4couple ws also nice wz all ze basic necessitiz-hygienic rooms, toilet n bathrm.Our privacy ws respected.The rm lighting ws dim n romantic n I liked it. Whenever i complained ab anythng 2 Simon or other staff, ze readily made necessary arrangemts e.g.my kid wanted zoom channel on digital4, n Simon solvd ze problm @ 1ce. I hd 4gotten mu purse @reception, n on calling zer, Nashreen a staff member returnd my purse. The 2swimming pools is small bt we cd manage as zer were hardly ozer ppl @same tym in ze pool. Regardiing the food, its an exotic cuisine with gd variety of Mauritian, Indian n continental food. We wr on 1/2 board n cd relish on delicious open buffet@breakfst n Dinnner as well. However a group of pple ws annoying as ze constantly made noise in restaurant b it @ breakfast or Dinner. Sailesh, ze chef gv particular attention to us. He ws warm n welcoming.keep it up Bro! Nazim,hotel manger ws also warm n kindly replied 2our queries. Table tennis n billiard availabl 4 leisure act. A massage n spa saloon available nrby 4relaxation n beauty care. Sega-local folk dance 4 entertainment 1ce/wk.Recommendations 4 improvemnt-(a)2 add free Sauna & Hammam+ Jaccuzi4 a fixed time;
(b)Regular musical program n entertainment(c)2 add new equipment in ze gym 4 motivation e.g electronic treadmill, eliptical trainer,sit up bench, slimming machine. Zat wl provide sm gd leisure activitiz esp 4ladies! In general we hd a vry nce stay, so cheerz n keep going guys.

lots of love
Malini <3 Vinay
Mauritius

Room Tip: if u are looking 4 family room, go 3 rm apptmnts including 2 separate bedrooms,ideal for 2-3kids n p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had a look at places online. To be honest I did not spend much time at the Hotel but it was the best value for money out there.

Service- Staff were very friendly. Upon checking in we had to wait for a few minutes and whilst waiting we were served a glass of juice. 5 minutes later we checked into our room and someone kindly took our luggage to the room for us.

Room- was nicely sized double bed with air conditioning. Bed was comfortable. The only downsize to the room itself is that it could do with a little more lighting. Shower was large. To be honest I dont thing you could get anything at a better price.

Facilities- I could not rate the facilities as i did not get to use it but we were told about the options. Swimming pool was small but nice.

Location- The beach was a 5 minute walk away and I had family staying in a villa 15 minute walk away so thumbs up for that. Its off of a main road but then all hotels based around here are. Noise was fine and barely heard anything.

Food- I only had breakfast. I would say it had a half english breakfast. There was a variety of choice from cereal to bread, eggs/omlettes, baked beans,croissants and pain au chocolate.

Transport- Buses go from here to the capital and towards Grand Baie easily accessible.

In all honesty people I had a look at some of the reviews prior to this and was reserved about booking this but for me it was the best bang for buck. If you are spending a lot of time outside and on the beach/travelling around mauritius then I would strongly recommend it. All you really need You pay what you get for and we had a nice room with good service and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunjhoon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have to say this is the very first time I was misled by the reviews on Tripadvisor. I used to read reviews here as very reliable source and at the moment I am totally disappointed. I can’t understand where the good opinion about this hotel come from.

At check-in I was writing on the counter covered by sand. I literally felt the sand under the check-in form. The boy who was around the reception (I’m honestly not sure what he was doing there) had bright, creamy kind of colour shirt with literally brown, from the dirt, collar! I was disgusted when I looked at him. Staff were however very friendly and helpful, but the dirt was unbelievable. We were waiting in the lobby for ages, with no reason at all. After all night flight I just wanted to take a shower, but I was absolutely scared to go to the room.

We went through quite nice garden, but the swimming pool was absolutely disgusting – full of leaves and dirt on the surface and on the bottom. I couldn’t imagine to swim in it.

And finally the room - no 205 ground floor (as far as I can remember) – I’ll make it short … claustrophobic small, dark just like a dungeon, with even darker bedclothes and courtains, smell of damp with mould on the wall, dirty, with chair covered by sand, dirty bathroom, broken toilet, bed with stained bed clothes and full of ants, wardrobe with u-shape shelves made from plywood, were I wouldn’t be able to put anything! Even shoes! There was tv set in the room but no channels at all – we found only one cartoon channel in strange language.

I went to the reception and asked for different room as I’m not staying in this room. There was no problem, we’ve got one – no 208 ground floor – almost exactly the same like the first one, but with brighter, yellow bedclothes and even more stains in the sheet. I started crying as it was too much for me to cope with. I said I’m not staying in this hotel.

We left all our languages in locked room and went to looking for another hotel. I wouldn’t stay in there even if they will pay me for it!

No honeymoon, no holidays, you can spend your sentence in this hotel!

Room Tip: do not stay there for the world!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank MarzenaDublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trou aux Biches
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Resort
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Res...
#3 of 10 in Trou aux Biches
Tarisa Resort & Spa
Tarisa Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Mont Choisy
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Le Grand Bleu Hotel? Share your experiences!