We returned this year to Paradis and still found it exceptional. Of course, the rooms had not changed. I strongly recommend ground-level room if you are with children.
The food was still delicious, especially in the main restaurant. Having breakfast at the smaller Blue Marlin restaurant is a nice alternative. Lunch options are not very large, but it is easy to take an electric car to the neighbor hotel Dinarobin. Their beach restaurant is - in my view - slightly better than the Palma restaurant at Paradis. Eating dinner at Ravanne is also pleasant because more intimate and cozy - although the buffet food at the restaurant is still better.
This year, we really appreciated the live music played most evenings at the bar. We also took full advantage of the electric car to go to the restaurants. Indeed, the hotel can be big, especially if you have mobility issues (e.g, a kid stroller or just tired from golf).
The swimming pool and the beach are still exceptional. If I could make a wish: less boats cruising across the beach. The hotel cannot prevent it, but it can be bothersome, especially if you are snorkeling in the most interesting areas which are exactly where boats are moored.
Other small suggestions: distribute beach towels at the swimming pool, because sometimes you start snorkeling and you want to exit at the coral reef area. Then you are left without towels. Minor remark, but since the hotel is nearly perfect...
Final special thanks goes to amazingly friendly Ramesh at the front office.
For those with young children, consider a visit to the Chamarel park and/or to La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes (for the latter, do remember to put on lots of mosquito spray). We ate really well at the Rhumerie in Chamarel.
We hope to return to Paradis for a third visit next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate leisure resort in Mauritius! If you are looking for outstanding luxury family holidays in Mauritius, look no further than Paradis Hotel & Golf Club. One of the finest luxury hotels in Mauritius, Paradis enjoys a superb location on the island's south-western tip. Situated on Le Morne peninsula, the resort is set against the backdrop of the iconic Le Morne mountain and edges onto one of the most scenic shorelines on the island.The greatest leisure resort in Mauritius, Paradis offers superb accommodation in rooms, suites or villas fringed by a pure white sand beach and the island's largest lagoon. Le Paradis is adjacent to Dinarobin, a neighbouring Beachcomber hotel of the same category. Both resorts share their facilities and create undeniably, one of the island's greatest attractions in terms of quality and variety. A stay at Paradis heralds a fantastic culinary journey as the resort has four restaurants to choose from. The hotel is not only perfect for leisure seekers, but also for families travelling with children. A true sporting paradise in Mauritius, Paradis offers an extensive choice of complimentary land and water sports plus the opportunity to play on three championship golf courses in the vicinity including its very own 18-hole international golf course. The hotel also has a golf academy welcoming beginners and seasoned golfers alike and a Spa which provides the perfect setting to soothe the body and mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradis Hotel And Golf Club
- Paradis Hotel Le Morne
- Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne