“An absolutely amazing hotel”

Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Le Morne
Reviewed January 1, 2009

We stayed at the Dina Robin for 10 nights following our wedding in the UK. As soon as we arrived at the hotel having taken a private transfer we were presented with cool towels and a refreshing welcome cocktail. Far from any holiday I have taken previously we were seated in reception and guest services came to us to take our details.

We were taken to our room on one of the hotel buggies. We had requested a 2nd floor room having read Trip Advisor reports, I really would recommend the same as it gives you high ceilings and a glimpse of the sea. We had champage, fruit and honeymoon gifts awaiting us which were lovely.

The room was very spacious and I really couldn't fault it or the excellent service from the staff who cleaned our room, gave us fresh towels twice a day and turned our bed down whilst we ate our dinner.

We ate in the L'Harmonie, Saveur Des Iles,Le Morne Plage and The Blue Marlin at the Paradis. Food was exceptional in all especially Le Morne Plage in the evening (although the premium £50pp for Barbecue night was a little excessive). We benefitted from honeymoon lunches each day which we tended to have at Le Morne Plage overlooking the ocean - amazing.

I agree with a number of other comments that drink prices are excessive, we managed to spend £650 on alcohol (I was drinking local Mauritian Green Island Rum!) and were only drinking 4-5 drinks per day. I think this is why the evening entertainment has not taken off due to lack of atmosphere and people in the bar.

I would like to comment on amazing service and attention to detail, the staff especially Audrey can not be praised highly enough, I have never experienced such good customer service.

For anyone wanting a quiet, luxurious get away from everthing holiday, this is the place! Nick at Travel Designers, Clapham offers very good rates, book now!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whirlypop
Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed December 19, 2008

We had the most amazing honeymoon ever. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms, which are like little cottages spread around the grounds, were large, luxurious and very clean with enormous balconies and verandas, a maid came in each evening whilst we were eating to change towels, turn down the bed and tidy the room and in the morning to make up the room. The staff were amazing and genuinely warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for us, they brought us nibbles and canapes each evening whilst we were getting ready to go out to eat, champagne on our arrival and presents of a beach bag and some t-shirts. The beach was beautiful, white sand with turquoise sea and the backdrop was a huge dramatic looking rock which made the surroundings stunning. We only left the hotel one night to go next door to the Paradis Hotel, where we could use our full board meal plan to eat, we took a boat to one of the restaurants there which was very romantic. The Paradis is much bigger and there was more going on there but we preferred the tranquility of the Dinarobin. We did find drinks expensive but we knew this before we went and I would recommend taking a hairdryer as the one in the room is not very powerful.

4  Thank ReadingGoody
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Having relied on Tripadvisor to book this and other trips, I thought it was long overdue that I posted a review and the Dinarobin seemed a perfect place to start.

What can I say that has not been said before about this stunning hotel? As someone recently pointed out, most of the facts have already been covered. So all I can do is comment on the feel of the hotel.

We expected a lot from this trip and we were not disappointed. It started well with a private transfer getting us smoothly to Dinarobin. Six months of changing jobs, moving house and a wedding had left us ready to relax and from the moment we stepped out of the car it was impossible not to.

Highlights for us:
• The Staff – they were superb – none of this cloying, obsequious service you see in so many “5 star” hotels - just a genuine desire to help you make the most of your holiday.
• The Club – well worth it – just as a place to escape (if that’s the right phrase?!). A chance to take a drink – including afternoon tea - and be well and truly looked after by Clifford, Arnaud and team.
• The golf course – a buggy delivered to your suite 30min before tee off and a good challenging resort course, with something for everyone. Take plenty of balls to Mauritius though. How much for 3 Titleist on a course with that much water?!? Just be prepared that as a couple or a single player they will tend to pair you up.
• The Spa – I was dragged there on day 2 and by the end of 11 days had been there more than the wife – fantastic and a real luxury
• Food – choice and quality. I challenge anyone to say that they couldn’t find what they wanted at either the Dinarobin or Paradis restaurants. The buffet in Dinarobin was of an exceptional quality every night, but we also enjoyed Le Morne Plage and the Blue Marlin – just insist on a table at the front.

I hate to use the phrase lowlights but in the interests of a balanced review……
• Late night entertainment – the real shame here was not the entertainment, which on a number of nights was superb, but the lack of guests coming into the bars – if you are looking for a crazy late night life this isn’t it.
• Drinks prices – OK I know we are on an island in the middle of the ocean but some of the drinks prices were a bit silly. South African and regional French offered the best value on the wine list.
• Saveurs de Illes - the fine dining restaurant. Food quality was of Michelin standard but the atmosphere was somewhat lacking. Can't put my finger on it.
• The beach – is alright but there is a strip of rock running in front of the beach – Paradis was slightly better. The pool was far far better

But I am nit-picking - overall it was simply stunning. This was our first experience of Mauritius and we loved it. For 11 days reality was suspended and we were treated like kings and queens. Fantastic!!

3  Thank DJP2007
Reviewed December 14, 2008

We had our wedding at the Dinarobin in the first week of November. I would highly recomend this hotel, firstly because of the beautiful resort and location but also because of the staff. Sonya and Audrey were great but a special thank you to Sarah who spent time with us ensuring our day was exactly how we wanted it. Sarah went through all the different choices with us and the hotel delivered on the day. The food was first class and every night we had something different, if I was to be picky I would say the lunchtime menu is a bit boring but the evening meal more than makes up for it. The grounds are immaculate and the beach very beautiful. The nights were perfect for us as it allowed us to spend quality time together over a glass of wine or two in the gorgeous, peaceful surrondings.

We used trip advisor to make our decision, we have added some photos of our wedding hopefully giving others a chance to see what it was like. Other guest reports seem to capture the hotel and surroundings well but dont show too many pictures of the wedding day so hope this helps.

Would we go back, already in touch with Sarah to sort out our next trip!!

5  Thank Headmoss
Reviewed November 26, 2008

As it was my 30 year birthday my boyfriend and I decided to visit a 5 star resort in Mauritius and we were recommenced the resort by a German friend

When arriving to Mauritius you are surprised by how beautiful and green everything is.

The hotel is located close to a big mountain and the setting is just beautiful. Nice garden areas and an OK beach. The beach is not perfect but OK. The beaches on the other side of the island should be better but I haven't tried them

The restaurants are just perfect! I had lobster everyday for lunch at the La Cabanon. And once a week they have a 'lobster' party evening at this bar. i can highly recommend this!
At the La Ravanne restaurant ask for the table 'in the sea'. We spend my birthday there. Sitting on a 'mole' by a round table alone surrounded by the candle lights, the sea and the stars. Just perfect!

The rooms are beautiful and I loved the outside sitting area. We had booked a Junior Suite

I went to the Clarins Spa several times and i LOVED it. It is absolutely one of the best hotel/resort Spa's I have been to in years!

I highly recommend this hotel

Rating set to 'Above average' as the beach isn't as expected

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled as a couple
4  Thank loa380
Reviewed November 15, 2008

I don't think there is much factual information to add that other reviewers haven't said so I will stick to my own views.

I have stayed in many hotels across the world at all levels of cost and quality but the service and staff at the Dinarobin beats them all. A special mention to Sonya who did a brilliant job of organising our wedding and the guests.

The food choice and quality was fantastic, the leisure facilities were better than I expected and so was the golf course which I wish I had played more than once.

Had a free upgrade to a senior suite which was very spacious. The beachfront rooms are worth the extra cost as you get the Club included which will save you a fair amount on the drinks bill as they are expensive.

Our wedding was followed by a honeymoon at Sainte Anne in Seychelles and then the Burj Al Arab, these are both very special hotels but I would return to the Dinarobin above these and all other hotels I have ever visited.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank JB30
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Absolutely fantastic! Nothing more to say! The weather was just fine, not too hot.
The staff of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Accommodation was great, big room with a nice terrasse.
The spa is worth of all money.

Highly recommended!

The St. Regis Mauritius Resort
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
11 mi away
Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa

Been to Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!