In short, although we were initially a bit frustrated with our experience at Dinarobin and with Beachcomber, things ended up to be satisfactory - but this is large high volume impersonal resort, so don’t expect much in the way of personalized service.
Upon arriving at the Dinarobin, the facilities are immediately impressive, very beautiful and inviting - with the backdrop/location of the resort as the most stunning feature. We decided to pay for ‘The Club’ which was disappointing, its a bit stuffy, the food selection any time of day is sparse and a very limited drink menu - and no matter what anyone tells you, there is no way to use Club benefits outside of the small club (there is priority service, etc). Our biggest frustration and disappointment was being told when we arrived we had to eat at the buffet that night (which was mediocre at best), because all restaurants were full, but that we would be able to make reservations for the rest of our stay the following day at the front desk. When we met with the reservationist the next morning she told us it was unlikely we would be able to get in anywhere, and laughed when we told her our top choice was Blue Marlin. We left with the expectation we would have to eat at the buffet the next 4 nights of our stay. We ate at the buffet again that night, but after complaining via Twitter we had 2 nights of reservations at Blue Marlin and La Palma - which were both good. The most infuriating part of the entire experience was when we did dine at the 2 Paradis restaurants we realized even though they are so unwilling to give you a reservation the restaurants are only about ½ full on average during their hours of 7-10pm each night. We almost brought our camera to take a picture the second night we were so astonished. We did use the hotel concierge services for multiple things and they were all very helpful and friendly.
We stayed at the Oberoi and Dinarobin during our stay in Mauritius and in comparison we would do the Oberoi 10 out of 10 times again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The symbol of tropical elegance An elegant five-star resort in Mauritius, Dinarobin Hotel Golf & Spa is a haven of peace and tranquility - the ideal setting for your luxury holiday in Mauritius and the perfect sanctuary to renew your body and soul. Cascading pools dotted with islets bright with flowers, spacious wooden decks, terraces designed with sea views and tropical gardens planted with exotic trees make Dinarobin the symbol of tropical elegance in Mauritius. Located on the most scenic shoreline in Mauritius with the spectacular Le Morne mountain acting as a dramatic backdrop, Dinarobin offers an intimate village setting. The resort features luxurious all-suite accommodation that blends harmoniously into the lush tropical gardens. Dinarobin and Paradis, an adjacent Beachcomber resort of the same category, share facilities. Guests of Dinarobin have access to the 18-hole Par 72 golf course at Paradis and to eight inviting restaurants, four at each hotel. Dinarobin also offers a range of complimentary land and water sports and access to two additional championship golf courses in the vicinity. The Spa is without a doubt the most beautiful spa in Mauritius and the ideal place to relax and be pampered. The resort's fabulous setting is complemented by world-class service. The ever-attentive staff attends to your every whim in the restaurants, in your suite or on the beach as you relax in the shade under your straw parasol. For absolute indulgence during your holiday in Mauritius, choose Dinarobin, a resort that offers new standards in luxury, a place of calm and beauty that will soothe your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dinarobin Hotel Golf And Spa
- Dinarobin Hotel Golf Le Morne
- Dinarobin Hotel Le Morne
- Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne