“Great place”
Review of Haras Du Morne

Haras Du Morne
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of the Morne Brabant mountain which counts as part of UNESCO’s World Heritage, a team of experienced professionals from the "Haras du Morne" offers to take you on a horse trip or by carriage, to discover exceptional landscapes.Arriving at Le Morne, you will climb this mythical mountain at your horse’s easy pace, soon to admire the breathtaking 360° view. To the North lies the Benitiers islands and to the South Fourneau Island, both circled by the endless magical lagoon. All around you, the forest stretches, astonishing and almost unreal for its lush green and calmness.Off the beaten tracks, you should be lucky enough to see the stags and get close to them, thanks to the animal link established over the years between your horse and these wild animals.After this wonderful experience, do not miss the ride along the water line, and enjoy the splashing in the waves with your horse.Then, after you have unsaddled, experience the unreal and refreshing feeling when swimming in the warm waters with your horse! These animals, like many others, are natural swimmers. The horses from the Haras du Morne particularly appreciate their swim, almost daily. If you have a camera, one of the guides from the Haras du Morne will happily take snapshots of these rare and valuable moments...
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We did a lovely beach tour on horse! A bit pricy for Mauritius prices, but they picked us up from the nearby hotel.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Anniina_1982

Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Top Choice Attraction for Family”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Fantastic horse riding experience in an amazing setting at the foot of the mountain and along the beach. Highly recommended even if you are a beginner as our 14 year old daughter rode her first horse under the care of the guys - a lovely memory she will carry with her forever. Our 21 year old instead got re-aquainted with riding. We were in Mauritius 45 days researching for a travel book so we had a good chance to try many attractions, but I will only review the best one here, and that is Haras de Morne. After the first ride, we arranged for a package of lessons and visited as often as we could: excellent people, happy horses, and absolutely stunning setting.

Visited July 2012
8 Thank prossett
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience and very professional!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had a private hack along the beach which was AMAZING!!! I rode when I was younger but this was my first time back on a horse for a number of years, the instructor watched me ride in the paddock first and built up my confidence again with trotting and galloping and then we both went for a ride along the beach. The horses were all very well kept and the stables were clean and well maintained. All of the instuctors wore professional uniforms and I was given a pair of chaps and a helmet. The whole experience was brilliant, I was even given a nice cold coke when I finished!

Visited July 2012