“wonderful butler service”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Le Morne
Brisbane, Australia
“wonderful butler service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

me and my husband had a superb experience at St. Regis Mauritius Resort Le Morne around Chinese New Year! amoung the most, I thouroughly enjoyed their butler service. Thanks to our butler Ravi--THE BEST BUTLER EVER, he is so warm-hearted,devoted,detailed, happy and thoughtful mauritius local! according to his suggestion, we tried dophin watching, scuba diving, quad at bird park to see the magnificent vacolno, snorkeling with tropical fish, horse riding, just name a few. I really loved to swim with dophin and have private boat in a quite reasonable price. Christopher is our captain and he knows exactly when we should jump to the water to see the dophin swim beneath us ! I think this hotel is the best location to do dophins swimming and horse riding! la morne is a mysterious and beautiful mountain visible from all different part from hotel.
for the food, i liked the breakfast at le memoir(the french restaurant but correct me if i made a wrong spelling)! also for floating market i enjoyed the Thai cuisine. for the boat hourse, we found the light is a bit too dim at night and we cannot even see our dish clearly and barbeecue was not that intriguing~

we missed our time there, five nights six days. the staffs who worked hard and alwaysattention to the very detail but always smile to you and make you feel very homely everywhere. the beautiful pictureque scenery and best butler service-Ravi!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Le M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your recent stay in our resort. Rest assured that I will convey your thanks to our Butler Ravi for his excellent work.

Le Morne and the entire island are indeed full of incredible experiences and history one can never get enough experiencing.

We look forward to have you back for your next holidays on the island.

Warm regards,
Damon Page

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chengdu, China
Reviewed February 7, 2014

St. Regis Mauritius Resort is wonderful. I spend 6 days here and the most incredible part is the Iridium Spa. It's the best massage ever. I have done all the massages and body treatments with Selvee, a very sweet girl. She's got very professional skills and knows what I need. I will come to St. Regis specially for her.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank yun l
Dear Yun l,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on our resort.

Selvee from the spa will be glad to hear that you appreciated your time spent at The Iridium Spa and in our resort and is really looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Damon Page
San Jose, CA
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were very excited about going to this resort but were disappointed overall.

- Great location. It has a really nice location with nice long beach
- The property itself is very beautiful
- Food and service was good at Spice market (Asian restaurant)
- Japanese restaurant was decent too
- Beautiful pool areas
- Nice bar and restaurant by the main pool and beach

Not so nice:
- The service is clearly the worse part of this resort. Less than 25% of the staff appeared to be interested in providing great service. The remaining 75% of the staff had an attitude of ‘could care less’
- Breakfast service at the restaurant was very poor
- We never saw the general manager. One of the guests who we spoke with and had come for 10 days said they saw the general manager for the first time half way into the stay when the general manager had come to the restaurant with his family for breakfast. This may partially explain the indifference of the staff due to lack of proper tone on the top.
- Indian restaurant was very disappointing (more so considering it is run by a two Michelin star chef and was very expensive)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CAWorldtraveler
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear CAWorldTraveler

Thank you for your review.
It is a pity that you waited so long to have provided us feedback following your stay in November 2013 as we could have benefited of your very constructive comments. I did not meet you during your stay as I was on a business trip to the Middle East. My family also lives in Europe so perhaps you received some incorrect information. Notwithstanding this you can rest assured that my executive team and I cover the resort from 8am –midnight every day. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and design of the resort especially the Floating Market and Atsuko which always receive good feedback. I however am saddened about your perception regarding our excellent Mauritian team.
As you know the island is famous for its hospitality and it is the genuine caring nature of our associates that have ensured a successful first year of operation. I have read this morning to our senior leadership team to reflect on your perception and to ensure that this experience is never witnessed in this resort as we all take immense pride in taking care of all our guests and to try to elevate their sense and tastes as well as providing a seamless service .
We would be delighted to welcome you again at the St Regis Mauritius Resort and that I will have a chance to meet you personally to show you the dedication of the team for success.

I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for 2014.

Warmest regards
Bernard and the team.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This review is based on our trip in October, I was unable to review earlier as Trip advisor does not allow a second review within a certain time frame. However I was determined to give a review, and after reading some of the previous reviews, I am shocked, how anyone can call this hotel less than magnificent is just unbelievable!
The hotel is absolutely wonderful, we had a Junior suite, which is literally 20 steps to the ocean. Not only is this hotel in a wonderful position, the staff fall over themselves to assist you, the management team, especially the wonderful French F & B Manager, (sorry its been a long time, your name escapes me) she seemed to live and breathe to maintain standards, and to greet guests and spend time with them, well in a word she was fabulous!. We enjoyed each restaurant, our favourite being the Manor House, and the Boathouse at lunchtime was truly wonderful, to sit and stare at the ocean whilst having a glass of wine, was just breathtaking.
If we were to be critical of anything, Ice seemed to be an issue at the Boathouse, and asking for ice for drinks seemed to hold problems, not sure why?
The only meal that we felt lacked imagination, was the beach barbecue, but being South African, a barbecue always has a fantastic piece of steak somewhere to be seen, the choice of different kebabs, fell short of what we expected. Other than those very small nit picks, its a picture perfect setting, fabulous service, you feel welcomed throughout your stay, great food, and rested and relaxed and sad when its time to leave! We are planning another trip, very, very soon, and it will be our quick get away, when we need a little R & R!

Room Tip: Request a Junior suite, close to the Manor House, and directly on the beach, well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen H
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Karen H

We felt very emotional with my team when we read your review during our morning meeting.
We were touched by your strong belief in the success of our Resort and by your continuous support. I have passed your comments to all the Associates you mentioned and specially to Fabienne Fillon, she is as you say Miss Fabulous.
We have taken your comments on the Boathouse ice cream cart and the selection of the kebab on the newly launched beach barbecue.

Thank you once again for your support, you are a true Ambassador of The St. Regis Mauritius Resort and we are blessed.

Warmest regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Before reviewing comments from TripAdvisor, we booked our resort trip to St. Regis Mauritius, then found out that the comments are extreme, and now i understand why after experiencing it myself.

The architecture and setting of the hotel is great, with Le Morne as a backdrop and facing the sapphire ocean. However, the service and amenities were disappointing.

The Cleanliness:
- the shower in our room has stains and it was a bit smelly, and the faucet was broken and not being repaired
- I also see stains on the pillow case on the bed
- For twice, at the restaurants, I saw dirty utensils and needed to ask for exchange

The Service:
- the amenities in the bathroom were never replenished
- the bottle waters were not replenished everyday
- the server gave us a menu at the beach but never came back for orders, and so
- we went to the Boathouse bar and ordered drinks and a club sandwich to share, it's unbelievable that we waited an hour for one simple club sandwich, while other guests who arrived later were almost finished eating their pasta. In the meantime, we talked to 2 staffs about it; after the first 40 minutes wait, one just replied "it's coming", then another 20 minutes wait, we thought it's just unacceptable, we just grabbed one passed by staff and described the situation. (Ricky- later found out that he is in the entertainment department) Soon after that, Ricky finally brought us the sandwich and apologised and said he would mention this to the manager. After we finished eating, Ryan came and apologised and said the meal is on the house.
- during check-in, they would ask about allergies on food, but it's totally meaningless because the restaurants basically function separately from the guests service, and I almost ate something that I am allergic to

The Spa:
- we called to book spa for each of us, which we specifically read out the full treatment names that we each wanted to do (1hr30mins), when we arrived, not until I asked about the details of my own treatment to found out that they have mistaken our booking as the 50mins ones
- then they quickly rearranged, which will be a 15mins delayed from our original appointment, we were fine with that, they offered us to use the steam and jacuzzi while waiting, which was nice. But when i entered the changing room, there were lockers but no keys, then I needed to go out again and ask for it. Then when i got the key, it's just a key and was not attached to any elastic band that you could ring it to your wrist, so we got to be careful and not dropping it into the jacuzzi.
- they didn't mention that the steam area is used by both male and female, nor asked us if we have our bathing suits with us. It could be very embarrassing if you didn't bring or wear your bathing suits while using the facilities
- when one was supposed to be relaxing in the spa, there was some kind of construction outside which totally disturbed the peace and I cannot relax one bit, so I talked to the masseur and she said she asked them to stop already, but the noise persisted, so I asked her to close the door leading to the balcony
- after the spa, the manager came to us and we explained about the noise problem and he gave me a cosmetic pouch as compensation

The Butler:
- the butler service that is a key highlight of the hotel was not up to standard in my opinion, I can never reach the butler by phone directly, and
- I asked one of the butlers to help update me on the reply from the travel agency, which needed a prompt reply, I told him that we will be dining at the Boathouse bar by the pool, please find us there once he's got the reply, ended up we only found a note in the room which we discovered too late and plans for the next day tour became a mess
- it's funny that the butler didn't even know our date of departure

The Food:
- Breakfast was so so, many varieties but not very high in quality
- Dinner at restaurants are generally high in standard, especially le Manoir, the chef certainly deserves the merit

The Staffs:
- Attitude was extremely. Some were very courteous and always carrying a big smile on their face especially the senior staffs; moreover, Ricky is one to mention, always being friendly and helpful. While some staffs were not very friendly and seemed to feel annoying for anything you ask

We have been to many different resorts from Maldives to Tahiti, and those with butler service too. Sadly, I would say that the stay at the St. Regis Mauritius is below standard, and not value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank tochimami
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I think it would be fair to say that my stay at the St. Regis Mauritius was far from perfect. It is a relatively new resort and understandably, is still therefore ironing out “teething” issues in my view.

That said, it is a wonderful resort located in a breathtaking setting. In particular, the staff are excellent and from my perspective, it is this element which makes or breaks a great resort. I wish to thank the resident manager and the butler service for their efforts during my stay.

I have no doubt that the St. Regis Mauritius will very quickly develop into an outstanding resort. The fact that I hope to go back one day should demonstrate my feelings towards the resort. I therefore highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S D
Dear SD

Thank you for your comprehensive, very frank and extremely constructive review.
Rest assured that my team and I are working around the clock to ensure we slowly but surely iron out the last teething issues within our service.

I am glad that you find the resort wonderful and you fell in love with the setting. I have passed your comments to Ronan Fearon and to Lisa our Director of Butler service; we were over the moon by your kind remarks.

Thank you for your good wishes and I take this opportunity to wish you both success for 2014.

Warm regards
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

To conclude a very hectic and active 3 week holiday in South Africa, we chose to unwind in Mauritius - and St Regis was our choice. We stayed there from 23 November to 6 December 2013 - and in no way were we disappointed. it met and surpassed all our expectations. The food, the accommodation, the service, the staff and the facilities were all first-class. At the St Regis we found our own private part of paradise with the unspoilt and uncrowded beach - white and sandy - with the Indian Ocean lapping minutes from our accommodation. The gardens were lucious and well tended and a joy to walk through. The large outdoor heated swiming pool was an added bonus. All staff were extremely courteous and very attentive to all our needs - they were simply charming. We enjoyed eaing in the variety of restaurants on the complex, and found them all excellent. We have to give special mention to Fabienne (the Food and Beverage Manager) who paused in her busy dining room schedules to chat to us, and to have the kitchen prepare unexpected treats for "Her Pink Pensioners" - the cake and chocolates added a special and personal dimension to our holiday: We had 2 wonderful Butlers -Jerez and Kanen who covered our room - Kanen was saw the most - he was a perfect gentleman, who could not do enough for us - nothing was too much trouble for him - and he too was a further contributor who made this holiday so special. We could findno fault with St Regis - and would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Our room was 213 - and it was perfect - minutes from the Ocean, and all facilities and restuarants w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary S
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear RosemaryS

Thank you…Thank you for these stunning St. Regis comments. My Team and I are over the moon with your kind comments. Fabienne was very pleased with your kind comments. I passed your comments over to our Butlers and especially to Kanen who is a true gentlemen.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future

Fond Regards
Constance Le Prince Maurice
Constance Le Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq
Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The St. Regis Mauritius Resort? Share your experiences!