“Breathtaking hotel”

The St. Regis Mauritius Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Le Morne
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had the most amazing stay at the St Regis.
We stayed for a week for our baby moon and really enjoyed it. We travel a lot for work in various luxurious hotels around the world but were amazed by the St Regis (I am a photographer and my boyfriend is creative director in advertising). Every single detail is being thought of for you to enjoy your stay and even more. It's better than you could wish for.
The quality of service is remarkable. Staff will do anything to make you happy without you noticing them. It makes you want to stay indefinitely on the island and in the hotel (do you have a spare room for a few years please?).
There is peacefulness on the island that you don't find anywhere else. And it seemed that even if you don't leave your deck chair in the sun you get that mix of culture and a taste of the island.

Food in any of the restaurants was delicious and at a very high standard quality.
We had Japanese, Thai , French cuisine...I dream of some food I has there that I wish I could taste them again.
I have to mention that breakfast is probably the best we have ever had. What a difficult task to make a breakfast that will be remembered. Compliments to the chef.

The hotel is located on one of the most beautiful white sand beach of the island.
A plus for my boyfriend, it also happens to be located right by the main kite spot. What more do you want than waking up facing One eye and the Indian Ocean (that's what he says).
We did the trip to see the wild dolphins. It was unbelievable. The captain managed to get me to swim with about 10 dolphins! They were no less than 50 centimeters from me. It was the most beautiful experience. Not to mention the boat we were on. For connoisseurs, it's a Bennington boat. It's the most luxurious and comfortable boat. I felt like a princess on it.

I would never have enough words to describe how I felt during this 5 days at the St Regis. My only regret is that it went too fast. I wish I was still there.
I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sophie e
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear sophie e

I was very emotional when I read your comments this morning because we are entering our ninth month of operations and everything is gently falling into place.

We believe that excellence is in the details and we are trying to build a beautiful mosaic to put all your senses in levitation.

I have to admit that I have not found time yet to experience the dolphin swim and I cannot wait to meet the Captain who made you swim with 10 dolphins.

I will also pass on your comments to Jean Pierre Henry the Captain of the Bennington which is as comfortable as a Bentley and we are happy that you felt like a Princess.

We cannot wait to welcome you both back and wishing you a nice summer

Bernard and the team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We love travelling and after our skiing in St Anton and Lech this year we have just finalised our trip to South of France next month. Planning of our next fabulous holidays reminded me of our latest amazing experience we had at St Regis last Christmas and i wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the spa team, Dr Arun and especially to Francine Auffray.
She listened to my special request and organised with Dr Arun a very memorable experience. Francine was very attentive and co-ordinated the day superbly. I was looking for a luxury hotel who would offer not just a luxury spa treatment but a luxury spa day for 5 spa day lovers. I have approached few resorts here in Mauritius but finally it was an easy decision to make to have a spa day at St Regis as Francine has made everything very special and definitely exceeded my expectations.
We received valley parking, champagne was waiting for us on the arrival, we were served delicious lunch on the balcony, the treatments were out of this world....so how not to enjoy these fabulous six hour of pampering!!! It was an unforgettable experience with attention to detail and that is what makes the difference! Everything was perfect however as i had mentioned to Dr Arun it is important that the door of the treatment room is closed at all times to avoid hearing people walking outside while enjoying the treatment.
In fact, we are looking at booking 3 Junior suites, beach front for this August. Francine told me St Regis suites are exquisite and also recommended that we try Inspiration or The Chef's Table which will be an amazing experience to elevate our senses and we are already feel "l"eau a la bouche". She has also suggested we taste Frapin 1888 cognac after dinner. We discovered that Frapin 1888 is ONLY available at St Regis in Mauritius. Something to think about before taking our decision!

Thank you again to Francine , Dr Arun and the Spa team.

PS: I have rated the 'Rooms' based on the spa treatment rooms,'Breakfast' i have rated on the lunch we had and 'Sleep Quality' i could not rate as i did not stay in the hotel room yet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alma S
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Alma

We are so grateful for your review and we believe that true luxury lies in the emotion and the details.
I am glad you all enjoyed your day at our Iridium spa and specially the seamless service delivered from the heart by Dr Arun and his team.

I have also passed on your comments to Francine Auffray for the beyond call of duty service to you and your friends. She always goes the extra mile and executes brilliantly.

Dr Arun has read your feedback on the treatment room door with great interest and I can confirm that Francine has booked your Junior Suites for your stay with us this August.
Vikram our head sommelier is looking forward to introduce The Frapin 1888 to you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The property was absolutely amazing. Breathtaking the moment you walk in, as it looks like a film set. The rooms are all in villas of four suites, carefully situated to make sure that no one sees each other and so everyone has a lovely private vista out towards a lawn and either a full-on or peek-a-boo view of the Indian Ocean. Some teething problems were still being evidenced, as mentioned on previous reviews--the next door room's toilet backed up and we ended up with about three inches of water in our bathroom. It was cleaned promptly though, and as we discovered it about half an hour before we were supposed to be at an event, they swiftly arranged us another suite to shower and change in (though nothing in terms of perk for the inconvenience). Our Starwood Gold status really meant nothing in terms of special treatment--the annoying BA flight timings meant we arrived early on a flight from the UK and were made to pay an early check-in fee, as well as an extra night for our departure from the hotel at 3 AM.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for an oceanview suite or a larger room unless you really need to. Ours was a st...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BaylorLondon
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear BaylorLondon

Thank you so much for your review and I am glad you find our property ‘like a film set’.
I will pass on your comments to our designer who will be delighted.

I am pleased we were able to solve your issue and move you to another suite. I have addressed your comment regarding your SPG Gold status with our Director of Guest Experiences; please email me separately on stregismauritius@stregis.com to give me more details.

Looking forward to welcome you again and I take this opportunity to wish you a great summer

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just returned from our 12day holiday to Mauritius and stayed in the St. Regis Le Morne.
From beginning to end we have been treated like VIP's. We arrived at 6 in the morning and had our immediate check-in in our own roon. No waiting, no lines, just a "private" check-in.
We had a wonderfull large room with an amazing balcony were we could enjoy our own private sunset every day. Rooms and bathrooms are big and clean and the view is amazing.
But the difference has really been made by the staff. Every one, from concierge to buttler to restaurant staff to gardeners: everyone was very friendly and helpfull. And also management was friendly and really interested in how we experienced the hotel.
Breakfast was probably the best we ever had with all the food and drinks you can think off.
Except for the Japanese we had dinner in all the restaurants and they were all very good. Our favourite however was the Boathouse grill (especially for lunch) because of the nice location at the beach and the friendly manager. You can order anything you want, even when it is not on the menu, and the chef prepares your favourite dish.
Our favourite sommelier said to us: 'a hotel is just a building, it is us people who have to make the difference'. And they really did!
The only 'negative' we can think of is that prices of wine are really high. Other than that we can only say we hope to come back. We definitely recharged our battery!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anja R

Dear Anja R

We are all delighted that you felt you were treated like VIPs and that you find our resort comfortable.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed each of your interactions with our Associates.
Our Associates are the most important component of our success as they deliver day after day a seamless service with great human touch and try their best to elevate all the senses of our discerning guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon in your home in Le Morne

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let me just start by saying that my partner and I have never been so relaxed in our entire lives. We stayed for 10 nights late May/early June and left feeling calm and rejuvenated.

The butler service was great, thanks Amedee and Geerish. They made sure to get in touch with us each day which was really nice.

Room: Our room was upstairs with a vaulted ceiling and a private patio. What is really nice about the rooms is that the patios don't face other rooms. You really have a sense of privacy!

Food: The food was so delicious, kudos to the pastry chef. The morning pastries were delish! Breakfast was so special that we looked forward to getting up every day. Lunch was so good too! I think I had the Mauritian chicken and prawn curry at the Boathouse about 4 times. We tried dinner at all of the restaurants and I don't think we had one bad meal. Thank you Fabienne, Ajali, Stephaney, Vikram, and so many more. The staff in the restaurants were all ready to please and made our restaurant visits so pleasant and comfortable.

Activities: We took advantage of the snorkeling tour, the kayaks, and the paddleboats. So fun. We also did a bike tour around Le Morne peninsula. But....our favorite thing to do was eat breakfast and then go find a quiet shady spot (there are many) on the beach to relax. We did this almost every day. We enjoyed wading in the water right in front of the resort and found many creatures right there including several seahorses, an eel, etc.

I cannot wait to return to the St. Regis Mauritius! I am going to tell all of my friends about this place.

Thank you Bernard and team! Well done!

~Patrick and John

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaTraveller32

Dear Patrick and John (AtlantaTraveller32)

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
I am pleased you felt the same as Mark Twain after he visited Mauritius as he said: "Mauritius was made first and then heaven; and heaven was copied after Mauritius."

As you are aware, the Butler service is the secret ingredient to the success of our Iconic brand. I am glad you have truly enjoyed our epicurean journey and I have passed on your comments to Jerome and Kevin heading the pastry department, as well as to Fabienne, Ajali, Stephaney and Vikram.

On behalf of all of us at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, your new home in the heart of the Indian Ocean, we would like to express our sincere thanks.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was absolutely outstanding! The staff, the food, the views, the beach were all incredible. I can't explain in words how much I enjoyed my stay with the St Regis, it was exceptional. The staff go out of their way to offer excellent customer service. I had an amazing time, thank you!

There was just one thing missing, an iPod docking station in the rooms. However I am told this a topic for discussion.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tash92_13
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Tash92_13

I have read your comments in our morning meeting with great pleasure because they summarize what we are aiming to do, which consists of providing our discerned guests with an area of peace with a seamless service and outstanding amenities delivered with human touch.

We are looking at the possibility to add an ipod docking station in our suites.

Wishing you a fabulous summer and looking forward to welcome you again soon

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We are coming to the end of a two week holiday at the St Regis and have been blown away by the exceptional standard of this hotel. It was a toss up between the St Regis and the One and Only but I was drawn to the St Regis by the huge choice of restaurants that are included in the half board package unlike the One and Only and the fact that children are allowed to eat in the restaurant after 8pm!

The location of the St Regis is hard to beat... The backdrop of Le Morne is stunning and its hard to imagine a more perfect white beach and clear blue water in the lagoon with crashing waves in the distance... Picture perfect and the stuff dreams are made of.

The check in was faultless with cold towels and a welcome drink and then escorted to our room by buggy where a welcome bottle of wine was there as well as a plate of fruits and sweets for our son with his name inscribed on the plate. The room is 1st class and really benefits from everything being new.... The most comfortable bed ever imaginable.... Brilliant view of the beach and sea from the spacious balcony....huge bathroom with large bathtub and powerful shower but it was the little touches that made a difference like a little bathrobe and slippers for our son Jack which many other 5star hotels don't even think about.

We are big foodies and really appreciate great food....and again the St Regis has not disappointed us. The quality of the breakfast is exceptional with anything you could ever want imaginable ... And if its not the chef will make it for you. Even the choice of fruit juices with between 7-10 freshly squeezed juices is mind blowing.... And to top it all there is complimentary sparkling wine available should you want it. We have eaten in all of the five restaurants and the food quality and choice is as good as you would get anywhere in the world...and if you would like something that is not on the menu they will happily make it for you. The floating market restaurant has an amazing Monday buffet with as much sushi and sashimi as you want. We enjoyed the Indian restaurant as well although thought it was a little pricey compared to top establishments in London including the chefs own restaurant.

The kids club is exceptionally well managed with a full program of great and well thought out activities throughout the day.... Including things like intro water skiing... Glass bottom boat trips... Cooking lessons. All of the staff in the kids club are exceptional and we would have no hesitation leaving our son with them... Although our son is only 3 and kids need to be 4 to be left there unattended by parents.

The facilities of the hotel are too numerous to mention but highlights are... A huge gym with technogum equipment.... A massive HEATED swimming pool... Most other hotels pools are not heated and boy do you feel the difference.... Free watersports including waterskiing .... A games room if the weather is not great.... Floodlit tennis court.... It goes on and on!!!!

And finally the staff at the St Regis have been amazing.... Nothing is too much trouble..... I won't mention any one person as the overall consistency has been great from the butlers through to the concierge to the golf buggy drivers to the watersports team.....

After starting a new job this was our first holiday for over a year and I needed a totally relaxing experience that allowed us to get away from it all.... And the St Regis has delivered..... I really don't recognise some of the earlier trip advisor reviews.... This is a great new hotel that must be the very best in mauritius and is up there with any of the best in the world....we'll be back and have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: It's all on personal taste... The balcony rooms have great views but the ground floor rooms have...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Heesey3
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear JamesHeese

Thank you so much for your comments which have been shared in our morning meeting.

I was delighted to meet you around the pool to thank you on behalf of all my team.
We have been very touched by your kind words and we are pleased that the three of you have been able to rest.

It is so rewarding for the team to read such emotional comments and to see that we have succeeded in creating an area of peace for you and your family.

Hope to welcome you back very soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Morne
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
1 mi away
Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The St. Regis Mauritius Resort? Share your experiences!