We travelled to Mauritius to get married and honeymoon and after looking through brochures decided Legends it was. After reading a few bad reviews of the place on this site we were a little dubious, but we def needn’t have been! The resort is gorgeous.
From the landscaped gardens, to the quiet beaches and amazing restaurants, you really can’t fault the resort. The service is excellent, they go as far as spritzing your face with cold water and cleaning your glasses round the pool, to bringing food and drink to you on the beach as well as being offended if you pour your own drinks!
We booked a deluxe room but were upgraded to a suite which was lovely, pretty big with a big balcony overlooking the Indian Ocean which had two big sunbeds as well as a table to dine at and sofa’s. What with this, the all inclusive mini bar that was stocked everyday and the free room service- you needn’t leave your room!
The organisation of the wedding was made very easy for us, and they even organised the table decorations and nibbles for before our guests sat down to eat in the evening. If you are looking for a stress free way of getting married, then I would definitely recommend doing it abroad.
The Spa was very relaxing and we both had two treatments as part of our all inclusive package. There were five of us ladies who wanted our hair done on the big day and we were all easily fitted in, we had the salon to ourselves to drink champagne and relax before the ceremony and they were pretty swift with finishing the styles too.
Word of advice- you must go all inclusive, it is so worth the extra money as the only way I could fault this hotel is that the prices are extremely hefty if you are not AI! Plus the AI option means you can eat in all of the restaurants…..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your LUX* Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX* Grand Gaube Mauritius