LUX* Grand Gaube
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
4,569 results
All reviewsabalonemain beachbeach restaurantour honeymoona la carte restaurantsjean phillipeoutdoor cinemamessage in a bottlecoffee barbanyan restaurantjunior suiteall inclusive packagethe banyan treewater sportsbanyan poolherb gardenisland kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked this hotel mainly for the sports activities in special sailing which I was interested. Wonderfull staff always smiling and ready to help making you feel a VIP. My only regret is that at this time of the year the sea water was cold ( that is my fault). Apart from that there is no complain about the hotel whatsoever......Try to book between october and december if you can....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Eduardo P
BriceLunot, Directeur général at LUX* Grand Gaube, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Eduardo P,

We loved your review – few words that said it all. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything you needed for a wonderful holiday.

Rating your stay as a fantastic experience is the greatest reward that we could have hoped for and thank you for sharing same on this platform. I am sure other fellow travelers will get inspired by your review,

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at LUX* Grand Gaube, hopefully in a not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is just a perfect place to relax. The whole area of the resort is pretty extensive but at the same time very private. It offers a lot of activities which you can enjoy during your stay (e.g. golf, tennis, gym, water-ski, kayaking etc.). The staff makes you feel very special from the firt step into the LUX Grand Gaube. They really care about you and are very helpful in every matter. Serving lemonade, fruit, cucumber or wet towels while tanning was so amazing and caring! The food was excellent. From the wide variety of the breakfast, many options where to have lunch and also delicious dinner. Regarding rooms, they are very well-maintained, clean and spacious with their own balcony or terrace. No matter in which room are you staying you still see the sea or beautiful garden of the Hotel. I really recommend this Hotel, it is worth of your visit, excellent place to relax.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Martina K

Dear Martini K,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for highly recommending LUX* Grand Gaube!.

We take your comments at heart and your views are our barometer , in a bid to maintain and constantly revise our standards.

I am so glad to read that our team members put you at the center of their activities which ultimately made your stay even more enjoyable.

Our team members understood that we are in the business of helping people celebrate life and I am humbled to say that they work with much passion.

Thank you once again for choosing us and looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

A lovely, spotlessly clean and private resort with great all inclusive facilities and spa. The main appeal however, was the genuine warmth and attention to detail of the entire team of staff who bent over backwards to make us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel. So many to mention but David the assistant front office manager, Satish in the coffee bar, Vijay in the bar, Vickram in the main restaurant and last but most definitely not least, Vickram in the driving range made us feel particularly special. I can't recall ever feeling as sad as I did to end a vacation or making as many friends as I did here. Our first visit to Mauritius but not out last.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Lynn W

Dear Lynn W,

Thank you very much for your beautiful comment on LUX* Grand Gaube!

People like Satish, David, Vijay and Vikram are some of the pillars that make LUX* Grand Gaube what it is and thank you for recognizing their services. Rest assure that I will convey your compliments to them personally.

I really hope to have the immense pleasure of welcoming you again,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice location, the staff is very friendly especial thanks to Michel at the reception who help us a lot, the Indian and Asian buffet was amassing at the "kitchen restaurant " thanks to kervin and vikram(hope I wrote the name correctly for vikram ) who makes us very comfortable during the dinner time, there was a huge selection for breakfast, the milk and fruit smoothie is delicious and not forgetting the Lux Cafe! Marc help me to choose the best one and it was wonderful,there were lots of watersport facilities and the boathouse team was very kind with us, we go for lunch at the "Beach Restaurant " it is an Italian restaurant ,you can admire the nice sea view while you are enjoying your meal as well you can also watch the chef preparing your food! Me and my familly wish to thank Ricardo for his great service and also the chef Giovani for the great and tasty food, A big thanks to all the team member who makes our stay memorable ,keep it up ,we will come back again :-)

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Vellee
BriceLunot, Directeur général at LUX* Grand Gaube, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Vellee,

We are humbled by the title of your review,

I wish to thank you for your kinds words and for recognizing so many of our team members.

"People" is indeed one of our main pillars and I am delighted to read that they truely made the difference during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcome you back to LUX* Grand Gaube in a not too distant future,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

What a great place to visit and stay. very nice in just about every way and such great staff. a pretty good location to explore the island from, but it takes time to get down to the south and I suggest you avoid Port Louis if driving. There is so much to see and do or just relax in the resort facilities as they are great. its not as good for snorkelling as other places as its shallow, the reef is a long way off and the water can be a bit stirred up. that said its not bad. we would go back very happily no question.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Thank you for posting a review on this platform,

We are so glad that you chose us to celebrate your 40th birthday and thank you for trusting us.

It is true that in period of low tides and with the water receding, it makes it slightly more inconvenient to snorkel, however our Boat House organizes two trips per day to the nearest scenic snorkeling spot which is around the Coin De Mire island and I hope you did make use of this complementary facility.

I wish to thank you for your highest ratings in all categories and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon,