Stayed at Legends for 8 nights in November '11 (now seems to be named Lux). For half board it is one of the more accessible 5* resorts price wise on the island, and on the whole great value for money and service.
The design and layout of the hotel is really well done, and food is amazing! One thing to note is that the other restaurants at the resort, aside from main buffet, are included in the half board rate - just have to reserve a table a day or two before. There was a bit of confusion on this with hotel staff whether a supplement was to be paid - this is just for 'specials' on the restaurant menus which are clearly marked. I think they had just changed this policy, as seen some comments about it on trip advisor previously.
Water sports and tennis are also all included on half board - we met a couple who had been told by their travel agent they wern't which is the only reason they paid full board. The water sports team are great and very patient!
Only down side was one night an outdoor cinema screen was put up on the grass outside our room. When we returned from dinner there was a movie (as per the indoor cinema, being shown with terrible French dubbing) blasting out. Unfortunately being inside our room didn't do much noise abatement so phoned reception - they turned it down and said this was the first time they had tried it - I think they got a few guests pointing out wasn't the best idea!
Couple of tips - everyone make likes the Germans, and all the sunbeds have towels reserving them before breakfast - if you can't beat em, join em! As half board we made a good call to stop off at the supermarket on way to resort to pick up some beers, couple bottles spirits and some mixers and shoved them in our bags - was a good move looking at the mini bar prices!
Also the hotels there seem to have some mafia like taxi service set up - a few dedicated cars for each hotel who don't seem to mind about doing the dirty on each other. If you get a taxi from airport or another part of the island, you can probably negotiate a better price.
Overall fantastically relaxing, beautiful beaches, secluded location, amazing food and great service. Plenty of activities and entertainment put on through the week which can take or leave as you choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your LUX* Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX* Grand Gaube Mauritius