Selected the hotel from 'If only' brochure on the basis hotel hand picked for quality and service as special birthday treat. Hugely disappointed. Have had much better holiday stays in South Africa, Kenya and cayman Islands than the high cost and disaapointing service at this hotel.
Room was lovely and always a surpirse floral display on bed on return. However the service at the bars and restaurants were very slow and dis-organised. Took 20 mins often to get a drink or a course. One evening it took 2 hours for 2 courses. Having booked all inclusive the menu was very limited and there was no flexibility to pay extra rather than the full cost for upgrading the wine. Often we had to wait for a table for dinner in the evening. Then they brought in a booking system so you book a time for dining. However the staff did not monitir this so other guests sat down at tables wihtout booking - we then found that there were no free tables for the time we had booked. Despite giving feedback that all was not well thesituation did not improve.
The gardens and view were beautiful but the hotel did not provide a basic quality fo service. Other UK guests also expereinced the same issues.
In summary I would not recommend this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Paul And Virginie Hotel & Spa
- Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel Grand Gaube
- Veranda Paul Virginie Grand Gaube
- Paul Virginie Hotel
- Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel & Spa Mauritius/Grand Gaube