Stayed in room 224 from 11th to 25th November, 2013.
My wife and I have just returned from the most fantastic holiday of a lifetime and there are just so many great things to say about Veranda Paul & Virginie – it’s been amazing!
As with other reviewers here, we have been stunned by how nice, happy and respectful all of the staff are and absolutely nothing is too much trouble, from the top to the bottom.
The Food & Beverage Manager Rakesh and his team, Avinash, Sanjiv, Hamed, Man, Nitesh, Ashvin, Baccan, Awmee, Joe, Doorgesh, Alvinio, Billy, Kervan, Alfonso and Emily, plus many more.
The Kitchen Chef, Suraj and his team.
Entertainments - Dany & Dupont.
At the beach - Julien, Aldo & Lindy.
Our Room boys - Kiran & Ritesh.
Front of House – Usha, Matthew & Francesca.
Porters, Maintenance, Gardeners, Security, Shop and Spa staff.
I feel guilty for naming all of those that we have become so grateful to for making our holiday so special, when there are so, so many more who have contributed behind the scenes who we did not met. The company (Veranda) and it’s Hotel Manager Kaviraj, have an exceptionally wonderful group of people working at Paul & Virginie, the likes of which we have never encountered anywhere else on our travels.
Despite comments in other reviews, we found there to be a wide choice of food suitable for all tastes.
For men, dress code in the restaurants after 7pm is long trousers; this is not just about maintaining standards (which I totally agree with), but it also helps to reduce the risk of insect bites.
Our room was bright and spacious with air conditioning; it was cleaned and made tidy every day, with clean towels also available daily. There is a safe for valuables and there seemed ample hot water for showers, etc.
The Wi-fi had good signal and despite being told that you could not pick up the connection in the hotel rooms, we always managed to get a signal. The computer in the communal lounge is a little old, but is adequate for keeping in touch – it could just do with a little TLC and maintenance I think.
The grounds are kept impeccably and the resort facilities are well-maintained. The beach is small (fine for the amount of guests), private and clean and there was a wide range of free water sports available.
We also had a ‘full-works’ body massage at the Spa which was great and they do like to offer you the opportunity to purchase some of their products!
This hotel is not for party-revellers; it’s a small boutique haven where you can unwind and enjoy quality, private time with your partner. We also met a wide variety of other couples from England, France and Germany, some of whom we have exchanged contact details to keep in touch.
We didn’t go on any excursions, but that’s because we just wanted to relax and we know that we can do all of that next time.
It seems very unfortunate that some other visitors have had some small issues during their stay here, because if you are considering the Indian Ocean as a destination, I cannot believe that you will find anywhere better than Veranda Paul & Virginie on Mauritius.
Thank you so, so much guys. We will definitely be back to see you all!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the picturesque village of Grand Gaube, Veranda Paul et Virginie is the new intimate and tranquil 4-star address for couples in Mauritius, designed to encourage total escapism. Tandem ride in the village, duo massage on the water, all-day breakfast in room, surprise apéro and private dinner under the stars, exclusive cruise on our catamaran, every moment is crafted for the most unforgettable memories. Sea views from all rooms, endless panoramas to the faraway islands and turquoise lagoon, fresh and light contemporary decor blending to authentic mauritian architectural features such as stones, wood and thatched roofs, punctuated with sepia illustration of famous couple Paul et Virginie… discover the perfect cocoon to host an idyllic holiday, just for two. The new infinity pool, back-dropped by the vivid turquoise blue lagoon invites guests to experience the simplest pleasures of life, like being together whilst soaking up the sun and the island light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel Grand Gaube
- Veranda Paul And Virginie Hotel & Spa
- Veranda Paul Virginie Grand Gaube
- Paul Virginie Hotel
- Veranda Paul Et Virginie Hotel & Spa Mauritius/Grand Gaube