I have always maintained that Mauritius is a great value for money destination, particularly if you take the all inclusive package. Veranda Grand Baie is yet another great example that supports that train of thought.
We did have a few minor issues, but nothing that could not be sorted out:
1. Upon arrival my party of six were given two double rooms instead of two comfortable family rooms that had been booked in March, and were told we could move to the family rooms two days later after the weekend as they were fully booked. Eventually we stayed in the rooms we had as they were closer to the pool and dining area which was easier for the oldest (78) member of our party.
2. From day two we were being eaten alive by unseen insects. We used the mosquito mats provided in the rooms but were still taking hits. On the last day we were there the hotel had fumigators in so somebody else must have complained and they did take action.
3. Upon check out we received a hefty bill, which i pointed out was mainly for items included in the all inclusive rate, so someone serving in the dining area must have made a few mistakes. This was subsequently reduced substantially to a more agreeable figure but was stillnot 100%. Tip for travellers, don't let the kids sign for food and drinks. Check yourself that these bills are zero.
Otherwise we had a great time. Made use of the glass bottom boat several times to go snorkeling. There was good nightly entertainment. We put the tv on once and never again as there are only a few local channels, but there was no need for tv. You can watch tv back home.
Staff were always friendly and helpful. Room were always clean, had great service from the bar andin the dining area. I would have liked to see a little more seafood on offer as we were right at the beach. But everything we ate was fantastic.
There is also a spa if you want to be pampered, and there is a publich beach next door (2 minute walk) with anice sandy beach. Also note there is a diving school there. If you take the short walk to town, to the right, you will pass agents on the beach road for undersea walks. We booked for our last day but this was cancelled due to weather and we received a full refund. The bazaar (market) is also close by and worth a visit. There was free wifi in the lounge area.
Despite the minor hiccups we had, i would have no problems going back there and would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN OASIS IN THE HEART OF BUZZY GRAND-BAIE Veranda Grand Baie Hotel and Spa nestles in a beautiful bay at the heart of the lively village of Grand Baie - with its restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops at your door step. This is the ideal place to immerse yourself in local life or yacht out to the beautiful islands of the north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel Grand Baie
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel And Spa
- Veranda Hotel Grand Baie
- Grand Baie Veranda Hotel
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa Mauritius