All reviews chef franco jean pierre sea view shuttle boat junior suite rain shower special thanks free boat hotel is beautiful restaurant staff short stay special mention visit mauritius mont choisy main building half board all inclusive package
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2019

Pros:
- Staff at this hotel are 5*, nothing is too much trouble, they genuinely take an interest in you and your day, they are very knowledgeable and polite.
- The hotel is small and not a big commercial resort.
- Good range of free watersports equipment and free boat shuttles across the bay (set times), free bikes to use.
- Spa is excellent value for money.
- Free parking available.
- Food is good quality and tasty/gourmet. The sushi restaurant and chef are excellent! The food is pricey if you're not all inclusive though.
- The hotel is located on the quieter, windier side of the bay, nice if you want to be out of the busy town center, not ideal if you haven't got a car, the hotel can arrange taxis for you though.

Cons:
- This hotel is not a 5* in my opinion, maybe 4*, having travelled from the 3* Veranda Tamarin hotel, I felt they provided better facilities and a better room despite being of a lower rating.
- The sea view suites are the only rooms in the main part of the hotel, all the others are in a separate building on the other side of the road.
- The gym is not part of the hotel but is an independent one 5 mins walk down the road.
- I had numerous issues with my room (upgraded sea view suite) most of which were rectified, but I shouldn't have had to keep having and I stopped reporting in the end. The room felt well used and a bit tired, the overall finish although looking good on the hotel pictures is not of a 5* quality.
- My room was on the side of the hotel with the resteraunt and cleaners office, this made it extremely noisy - try to get a room on the other side of the hotel or 2nd floor.
- Overall this hotel is not very good value for money, I stayed in the Veranda Tamarin and Solena Beach, Belle Mare both lower rated and cheaper but 10 times better.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank cocotwist
Reviewed August 13, 2019

We absolutely loved our two-week stay at Baystone. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and were constantly asking how our stay was and if there was anything they could do. The room was amazing and was very clean. Stephanie in particular was great and made sure our stay was enjoyable. On two occasions we left very early in the morning (before breakfast) to go on trips and both times we were given a little takeaway box with some breakfast. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

I am here with my husband and we enjoy our staying in this boutique hotel.... The lady at the management very professional her name is Stephanie.....she make you feel at home..... Great hotel.... Great service.... Clean and very friendly staff.... I really love the place and raccomandet. Will come back for sure.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2019

To start with , I will highly recommend this place.
From the reception to the restaurant , the staffs are very welcoming.
The food presentation and taste are great.
The view while lunching is simply a unique experience.
Will definitely not hesitate to spend days over there.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

Communicate your likes and dislikes to hotel staff. They go out of their way to accommodate requests.
Awesome stay. Rooms are comfortable and serviced daily. Breakfast has every day been to my specific dietary requirements.

Date of stay: June 2019