“merville stay”

Merville Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Grand Baie
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very nice and exciting experuence at Merville beach. Definitely recommended with your loves ones. Nice beach, nice people and all with a stunning view over the sea. Awesome experoence at Merville!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tony D, Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for staying at Merville Beach during your stay in Mauritius and for your recommendations.

Simple words are always sincere ones, and I would like to thank you on behalf of my team.

I trust to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our shores in a not too far future and should you require any further assistance; please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Yours faithfully,

Tony Duval.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,587)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just returned from Merville Beach. This was our third time of staying there and things have never changed, still a very beautiful beach location, the hotel is looking a bit tired, but, it is one of the oldest on the island. The staff are amazing, always smiling and very friendly. Must give a special mention to Krish in the beach bar terrace and also to Kialash in the restaurant, he was there last time we went and it was lovely to see him and he made us most welcome. Also must mention Fazal at the boat house, again one of the staff still there. All the boat house staff are great and very helpful. We had a trip to swim with dolphins and the two boys on the boat were fantastic. On the day we left the resident manager, Kailash and a few other members of staff along with the band came to wish us Bon Voyage it was such a lovely send off I ended up in tears. On second thoughts maybe they were glad to see the back of us. All in all a very memorable holiday. Thank you Tony.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Tony D, Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Sir/Madam,

It was a real pleasure having you with us again and seize this opportunity to thank you for your fidelity during these three years.

I am so touched by your very nice comments and I shall without further delay passed on your kind remembrance to the team, particularly to Krish, Kailash, Fazal and Sylvio.

We all wait to see you back on your forth visit to Mauritius, hopefully in a not too far future.

In the meantime; do rest assured of our hospitality at all times.

Regards,

Geraldine.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Firstly for anyone thinking of booking to go to Mauritius do consider booking through Mauritius holidays direct, a uk based travel agency who are just simply excellent, efficient and value for money, the holiday was cheaper than several high street travel agencies.

The stay at the Merville beach was booked as a present for my parents, and I can not fault the hotel in particular Vikram Mutty ( manager front desk) for his prompt communication and patience!

My parents thoroughly enjoyed the hotel, they were allocated a bungalow which they said was comfortable and cleaned twice a day to a very good standard. Perhaps changing the towels twice a day they felt unnecessary and were able to say so.

The food was of a very good standard, varied and plentiful. The evening entertainment excellent.

My parents commented that everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful, friendly and willing to do what they could to make the stay enjoyable.

Overall a very good 3 star hotel, that said, they did feel it perhaps needed a revamp as some of the hotel was rather dated in their opinion. It did not however spoil in any way their stay.

Lastly my parents said could management please look at those irritating guests who put their towels out on the sun loungers and are then not seen for hours on end. They know it happens in a lot of hotels but it is so annoying.

Room Tip: The bungalows are a good choice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Sir/Madam,

We were delighted to have your parents staying with us on the special occasion of your mother’s 80th birthday celebration.

Thank you for mentioning Vikram who is so touched by your comment and appreciation.

You are absolutely right, it was not necessary to change the towels twice a day. In fact we do place in the rooms an energy saving tool in form of an Asterix . On this asterix all the steps are clearly indicated in case the guest wants his towel or his bed sheets to be changed. I realize that the procedures were not followed by our team members and I shall ensure that we launched refresher training in the matter.

Although there is a note on the notice board of the hotel and in the weekly program about the fact that booking of Sun beds with a towel is strictly forbidden, this communique is unfortunately not respected by some guests. However, we are pleased to inform you that we have already ordered more sun beds so as to meet our guests’ expectations.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you to Merville Beach and please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

my room was 30 metres from a faboulus and quite beach. rooms was average but you can enjoy a confortable garden all around the hotel.service was very friendly by local people working in the hotel. food and beverage side need an improovement, food was nothing special. the beach is really really nice.

Room Tip: choose ground floor rooms near the beach
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1000lovefood2014

Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at Merville Beach during your stay in Mauritius.

I am happy to see that you were amazed by the beach and the garden but still feel sorry that the food and beverage were not to your expectations. However, we do also provide a menu which is served at table in case the buffet is not to our guests’ expectations. May be this information was not communicated to you and I wish to apologize for this oversight.

I will be happy to see you back on a next trip to Mauritius and do let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am a hoteliers nightmare!!!
If I do not receive service down to the smallest of detail I complain.
This hotel and its staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. In one instance I was unhappy with a sandwich which I ordered. There was probably nothing wrong with the sandwich but what was served to me was not what I was expecting. It was no problem to the bar supervisor who took the sandwich back and returned 5 minutes later with exactly what I wanted. I know this appears to be a small matter but it indicates the level to which the staff will go to make your stay enjoyable.
I do not say this lightly but the customer service at the Merville Beach Hotel is excellent and unquestionable.
Some guests have expressed reservations about the decor and the furniture but we did not have any problems with it.
I do not usually bother to review my holidays but I would be remiss not to tell potential clients about our experience at this hotel and I would strongly recommend it to anyone
The location is excellent and the food is good.
The only thing that we could complain about is the transport from the hotel to the airport but I am not sure if this is organised by the hotel or the travel agent. I have discussed it with our travel agent.
We are already planning our next trip to Mauritius and the Merville Beach hotel.
Thank you very much to the staff and everybody who made our holiday so good!!!
I

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cllrGerryBoyle

Dear Mr Boyle,

It was a great pleasure having you with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to give us feedback on your stay.

Your encouraging words towards our team member are much appreciated and I wish to thank you on their behalf.

I wish to apologize if we did not get the sandwich right the first time and thank you for your indulgence.

The whole team and I cannot wait to see you back and do rest assured of my personal attention at all times.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Travelled March, for our April wedding, lovely resort, wedding all ran smoothly, staff, food good.
If went back to mauritius would probably opt for a newer more, more modern hotel - but price wise the Merville does offer value for money - just be aware that the rooms although clean and spacious could do with a bit of an upgrade, and more choice in restaurants would be good, decent location for walking into Grand Baie for a small selection of shops and bars.
Good hotel, but much better can be found if you have the budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mauritianbride
Tony D, Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Sir/Madam,

It was a real pleasure having you with us last year and I take the opportunity to congratulate you once again for your wedding.

I am glad to tell you that the bungalow, deluxe and superior rooms have undergone soft refurbishment works since last year. I hope these changes will be to your liking during your next trip to Mauritius.

In the meantime , please rest assured of our hospitality at all times.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 11nights in January 2014 in Deluxe Beachfront room. Always smiling staff, very impressive and relaxing cortyard with many flowers, ponds and a small waterfall. Excellent room service, always clean room. All the staff speak English. Not very big beach, but enough for all the guests. We were on groundfloor so we had a terrace with a table, two chairs and two private chaise lounges, only 3-4 meters from the beach. We took only breakfasts and the quality was good enough, not excellent sometimes but satisfactory. I think the hotel could improve the choice. Every evening there were different shows - dancing, singing and others, very nice and funny. We enjoyed our vacations.

Room Tip: Our room was 510, with unforgettable view on the ocean, not near the restaurant and reception, very...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Sir/Madam,

I am delighted to read your very nice comments on your stay at Merville beach and would like to take this opportunity in thanking you for choosing us.

There is always room for improvement and I can assure you that I shall look into the quality of food offered during breakfast time in order to maintain consistency.

Meanwhile, we look forward to see you back and do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any help.

Sincerely Yours,

Le Meridien Ile Maurice
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#5 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments

Been to Merville Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!